Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 01, 2014, 05:11:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657935 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 79 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: SUB+AUX 'BE'+'always'+~ing VERB! (1st Wrld Annoyances)  (Read 17119 times)
Ignatius

« Reply #250 on: Apr 24, 2012, 01:42:05 PM »

Don't lie, pollo, you guys have sushi and ice skating.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #251 on: Apr 24, 2012, 01:45:37 PM »

shhhhhh

think 'on the road.'
fishjim

« Reply #252 on: Apr 24, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »

I'm in Kensington, Calif., which is north North Berkeley. I've got a downstairs room that we often fill with an inflatable mattress. I've got two kids that love inflatable mattresses. I deny them nothing.

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
peacocks

« Reply #253 on: Apr 24, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »

gad, I wanna split myself into 3 pieces and totally hang loose at anne's, therm's, and fishjim's places at the same time.

cut my self into pieces
this is my vay-cay-SHUN

dick-check your priviledge
El_Josharino

« Reply #254 on: Apr 24, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »

I'm not like, a few blocks from anything, but I'm within a couple miles of some great bars and restaurants. And I do have a screened in porch with a couch on it. And we grill a lot. An ocean would be nice.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
jebreject

« Reply #255 on: Apr 24, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »

cut my self into pieces
this is my vay-cay-SHUN

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
peacocks

« Reply #256 on: Apr 24, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »

there was more to that but i cut it out because it was just way too close to the edge from silly to sad.

dick-check your priviledge
Thermofusion

« Reply #257 on: Apr 25, 2012, 12:18:22 AM »

gad, I wanna split myself into 3 pieces and totally hang loose at anne's, therm's, and fishjim's places at the same time.

cut my self into pieces
this is my vay-cay-SHUN

I almost spit water, well played

triple paisley minimum
dieblucasdie

« Reply #258 on: Apr 25, 2012, 12:25:11 AM »

On the reals, though, I ain't check this thread much, so let me add my voice to the chorus offering Biggins a place to crash. We're even out-of-town this Thurs-Sun, if you need some decompression time/alone time. Just hit me up.

Since we're competing, I'll just appeal to the avowed sexual deviants of this board and point out that our guest room has floor-to-ceiling mirrors (it doubles as a dance space, you see), and we have a giant TV, an Xbox, a rather obscene number of meatspace books, a fridge full of both random craft brews and PBR, and fat pug who loves to snuggle. As far as amenities, there's seriously, no hyperbole, the best sandwiches I've ever eaten a stone's throw away, and in 5 minutes there's a hipster bar, a hipster-metal bar, an awesome, nonhipster dive bar, a couple decent liquor stores, a grocery store, and the only ski shop in Chicago (heh). Walk over to Logan Square proper (10 min or less) and there's, you know, Revolution Brewing for beer, the Whistler for cocktails, Lula Cafe for food, Longman & Eagle for bourbon and food, the Logan Theatre for $3 movies and beer, a whole bunch of restaurants I've never tried because the ones I already mentioned are so awesome, and the good ol' blue line to take you to O'Hare, downtown, or (shudder) Wicker Park.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2012, 12:38:18 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
El_Josharino

« Reply #259 on: Apr 25, 2012, 12:39:50 AM »

Whoa, that Brown Sack place is super close to my friend Jerod's place. I'ma have to check that out next time I'm in town.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #260 on: Apr 25, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »

sounds like Biggins might have his situation sorted but can I come stay with you blucas?

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
fishjim

« Reply #261 on: Apr 25, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »

cut my self into pieces
this is my vay-cay-SHUN

I almost spit water, well played

yeah, that was a flash - and no kidding, reminded me of an awesome early ammons poem. will go drop that thing in the toilet thread right now.

nonotyet

« Reply #262 on: Apr 25, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »

Previously, on Insurance Bill:
I just learned what happens when you have a routine yearly physical for which you are supposed to have 100% coverage in January and talk about some other shit that is going on with you during the physical.

You get billed $66 four months later, because "some insurance companies code things differently if you discuss other physical problems."

Today, upon realizing that I asked the insurance company to look into it, they said they think it was coded incorrectly and they would call me within five business days with a resolution (it has been eight):
I call the insurance company. I say, hi remember me you were supposed to call me last week about why or whether I have to pay this shit and they say no we do not remember you let us put you on hold for 98 years. They come back and say okay please continue to hold for 54 more years. During the course of those years, and I am now 152 years old, my phone loses its signal. I call them back from my work phone. They say "well Columbia St. Mary's didn't code it under preventative care and we can't force them to code a specific way so the bill is accurate." I call Columbia St. Mary's and tell them that I have been back and forth on this bill and to please explain to me why it was not coded under preventative care because it was a fucking preventative visit. They insist "we *did* code it under preventative care. My brain breaks. NOW the bill is being sent to a different department at CSM to be reviewed and I need to wait until probably next October or some shit until they figure it out and will then probably be all you now owe $166 because you were sassy.
Anne the Man

« Reply #263 on: Apr 25, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »

I was interviewed for the radio for my ANZAC Day story, and aside from MASSIVELY choking at the beginning, I think I did okay. BUT I'm pretty sure they didn't run it. Sadface. Ah well.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #264 on: Apr 26, 2012, 02:57:58 AM »

Cool! Did you link your story somewhere? I marched in about five different ANZAC day parades around the Wellington region yesterday, and felt completely unworthy.

Also, Biggins, I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of etc.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it! And don't want to engage in THAT debate anytime soon!
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012, 03:02:42 AM by Little Sixes Little Nines » Logged

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Anne the Man

« Reply #265 on: Apr 26, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »

Turns out they wanted comment from someone from the RSA and couldn't find it, so they'll run both interviews at a later date. Yeah, I wasn't really looking to get into it on LPTJ (thought it'd be exhausting) so hence. In retrospect, I wish I'd focused more on attacking the upper echelons of the military, who sound like way bigger assholes than most troops.

I wanted to go to the Dawn Ceremony to see what it's like but failed to get up, and I'd forgotten to bring my white poppy. The 3 News coverage was bollocks--"today we commemorate the soldiers who fought for our freedom", oh we're not a biased organisation at all

Good Intentions

« Reply #266 on: Apr 26, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »

I'm taking this to PMs, which I should have done in the first place. Sorry for that.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012, 09:38:59 PM by Good Intentions » Logged
elpollodiablo

« Reply #267 on: Apr 26, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »

Mooching war widows

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #268 on: Apr 26, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »

Why do I feel like puking

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #269 on: Apr 27, 2012, 12:34:22 AM »

I wanted to go to the Dawn Ceremony to see what it's like but failed to get up, and I'd forgotten to bring my white poppy. The 3 News coverage was bollocks--"today we commemorate the soldiers who fought for our freedom", oh we're not a biased organisation at all

what the fuck. are you kidding me

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Anne the Man

« Reply #270 on: Apr 27, 2012, 01:26:52 AM »

I'm partly reluctant to really get into this with you because I know it's going to be edgy, but yeah, I object to the phrase "fought for our freedom" because it simplifies the varied and complex reasons that people have for going to war, and that countries have for SENDING people to war, into a catchy phrase that essentially means nothing but is hard to disagree with because then everyone thinks you're a douche.

Ugh, I anticipate following clusterfuck. This would be why I didn't post the article here; dealing with long debates every time is exhausting even when it's not awful.

Good Intentions

« Reply #271 on: Apr 27, 2012, 01:44:51 AM »

Simplifying varied and complex reasons swings both ways.
Anne the Man

« Reply #272 on: Apr 27, 2012, 01:48:23 AM »

So does your mom

fishjim

« Reply #273 on: Apr 27, 2012, 03:55:04 AM »

Simplifying varied and complex reasons swings both ways.

So does your mom

QFT

My mom too

Ashley

« Reply #274 on: Apr 27, 2012, 03:05:26 PM »

The management office of the building I live in just told me if I wasn't out by noon on April 30 I would have to pay for a hotel for the new tenants for two nights and pay for the moving truck.

That sure sounds dreamy, management office, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: SUB+AUX 'BE'+'always'+~ing VERB! (1st Wrld Annoyances)
Jump to: