Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 25, 2014, 03:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658135 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 53 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
Author Topic: A FOOD poll  (Read 15607 times)
Antero

« Reply #400 on: Mar 28, 2012, 12:47:58 AM »

Awww idn't that cute? Budweiser saw how all these craft breweries are putting on beer pairing dinners and they wanted to get in on that action

Man I ain't gonna front though I'd eat hell out of queso bacon tater tots
I like that the "pepperoni pizza burger" is paired with regs-ass Budweiser.  Because, I guess, they figure if you're ordering a "pepperoni pizza burger" you really don't give a fuck about what goes in your mouth.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
dieblucasdie

« Reply #401 on: Mar 28, 2012, 12:50:39 AM »

Blackened Tuna Sandwich + Shock Top Raspberry Wheat sounds waaaaaay worse to me.

Ain't front, though, I would destroy a Landshark and some Queso Bacon Tots.

Had some steak tartare this evening for the first time in a while!  I really need to get a meat grinder and make it for myself more often.  I sure do love the stuff.

Awesome! I've always wanted to try this at home. Prepare for some gnarly dreams!
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2012, 12:54:09 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #402 on: Mar 28, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »

so i've been living off this salad that's incredibly nutrient dense and pretty much impossible to get tired of: swiss chard, spinach, berries (your choice, i use blackberries, dried cranberries, or blueberries), nuts (your choice, i stick with sliced almonds, cashews or pinenuts), sliced radishes, chopped celery, shredded carrots, red onion, cucumber, and green onion, with lots of cilantro and sesame seeds. add shredded chicken if you like. i've been serving it drizzled with flax oil with a couple spoonfuls of hemp hearts, sliced strawberries and a splash of balsamic vinegar. am in love! this salad is all i need.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Antero

« Reply #403 on: Mar 28, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »

That sounds pretty tasty.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #404 on: Mar 28, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »

and how! i'm making it tonight, with walnuts and dried cherries.

G.C.R

« Reply #405 on: Mar 29, 2012, 12:34:15 AM »

God that sounds amazing.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Antero

« Reply #406 on: Mar 29, 2012, 12:39:22 AM »

I don't make enough salads, mostly because I get fed up with the number of different things I have to put in the bowl.

clare

« Reply #407 on: Mar 29, 2012, 04:08:35 AM »

I am the same with salads. I end up eating half the ingredients as I cut them up too.

i just constructed an amazing pizza: pita base; red sauce (basil and garlic); steamed pumpkin; grated zuch; sliced ham; sliced mushroom; sliced red capsicum; steamed asparagus; mozarella. It was a good 5 cm thick, and fucking awesome!

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #408 on: Mar 29, 2012, 05:12:41 AM »

i know what you guys mean, the bag of produce is still on the counter. my workload is intense right now so i have squat for time to make food, am living on fast food and take-out, but try to order japanese as often as possible and keep a big bowl of that hearty salad (or a raw food vegan coleslaw) in the fridge so there's always something nutritious to grab. it takes a while to prepare but keeps for 3-5 days and saves a ton of time, and possibly my health since otherwise my daily intakes are admittedly less than stellar.

claire: nice!

Greg Nog

« Reply #409 on: Apr 01, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

Went out for brunch with coldforge, and had a burger cooked inside Langos, which was this fried Hungarian flatbread.  It was unbelieveably good -- like a fancy delicious european Chalupa!  Fried layer of bread on the outside, and rare beef on the inside along with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and Emmanthaler cheese.  Fucking astounding.  I want to eat this burger all the time, forever.
ellaguru

« Reply #410 on: Apr 01, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »

My crazy hippie aunt person made her living selling langos out of a truck for several years. They didn't have burgers in them, though.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #411 on: Apr 01, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »

Man that sounds amazing.

think 'on the road.'
coldforge

« Reply #412 on: Apr 01, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »

SUP ballers!

l'era del terzo mondo.
mixed cats

« Reply #413 on: Apr 01, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »

I'm pretty into making sandwiches/tacos/whatever out of paratha lately so this fried bread sandwich sounds up my alley but for the meat part

there's a Hungarian restaurant a mile down the road but I've never been there

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
davy

« Reply #414 on: Apr 01, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »

I hear there's lots of great Hungarian restaurants in Budapest.

...where I'll be in a month, suckers!

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
peacocks

« Reply #415 on: Apr 02, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »

haha that's awesome davy!

dude. eating makes such a big difference in my mood! Today work was super dumb for many reasons but I ate a kiwi for breakfast, had a pbj for lunch and a banana for a snack instead of whatever is at 711 and I don't feel terrible! I'm about to make a bomb ass salad with peas and avocado and junk. STOKED.

dick-check your priviledge
Greg Nog

« Reply #416 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »

Made some killer fried chicken, and very pleased with my judicious use of thyme in the batter.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #417 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »

Americanized Chinese food, you know, you can't complain too much I guess, it's not like if you order "Mongolian Beef" you're going to get anything like what they'd eat in Mongolia, but there's kind of a certain expectation, right? There are certain parameters within which you expect that dish to fall. That's reasonable, right?  You don't expect a dish with beef, green peppers, pea pods, and celery.

So basically I think Mindy and I have discovered a new low in bad Chinese restaurants.

But I took her leftover shrimp mu shu and my leftover "Mongolian Beef" and made some ghetto egg fu yung out of it tonight and it was pretty good

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #418 on: Apr 03, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »

Between not having any time to chop the vegetables I bought to make a great salad, eating take-out, monitoring my calories, making dates for this summer and getting free tickets for fashion week I think I've got the recipe for bulimia down pat. Not really but fuuuck, really?

peacocks

« Reply #419 on: Apr 03, 2012, 08:00:22 AM »

yeah since I started this project at work I have to skip fun extra curricular stuff like community orchestra so I can do things like shower and eat dinner that isn't taco bell at 10 pm.

dick-check your priviledge
cold before sunrise

« Reply #420 on: Apr 03, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

P: Everything I've seen you post about eating sounds like something a small child would pull up a stool to raid the fridge or cupboard for, baby girl. Or buy at the store on the way to school. In fact, when you mentioned making a salad I wanted to remind you to get your nanny before using a sharp knife. It's kind of cute but I have a hard time picturing you as a grown-ass adult.

Thermofusion

« Reply #421 on: Apr 03, 2012, 01:03:56 PM »

Peacocks is adult, she just twee as holy fuck. The kinda lady who names her cat Chickpea

triple paisley minimum
cold before sunrise

« Reply #422 on: Apr 03, 2012, 01:21:56 PM »

I'm drinking my still-unnamed drink for breakfast and am going to be late for a lunch date (unless I get moving in short order) with a designer who made a peacock feather Indian headdress I want to procure. Either to scalp the Prime Minister in on live, pirated TV or wear to a dance party.

Antero

« Reply #423 on: Apr 03, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »

Or both!

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #424 on: Apr 03, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »

Lookit this beauty of a soft shell crab taco that Mindy just ordered for lunch

my lunch, not nearly so attractive

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: A FOOD poll
Jump to: