Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 30, 2014, 06:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658063 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: you know damn well that gay marriage is now legal in Skyrim (videogames)  (Read 41696 times)
YojimboMonkey

« on: Jan 03, 2012, 04:31:04 PM »

Skyrim imitates life part I-don't-know-how-many: Seems like there is absolutely no incentive to be a good person in this game. Every killer weapon I've gotten has been the result of a quest where I had to do reeeeeeally shady stuff to get it.

Oh well I don't really have much to hang a new thread on but that old thread is 25 pages and needs to be dropped in the crapper

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »

im going nuts trying to get through all the challenge stuff in arkham city. im about to start in on skyrim too. im pretty excited about it.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
Good Intentions

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:32:16 PM »

Guys, you should all play SpaceChem. I have played many puzzle games in my time, but this one more than any other makes me feel so fucking smart when I bust one of its puzzles. I cannot describe how satisfying it is. The developer made the absolutely genius move of allowing you to make a film about your solutions and even upload it to YouTube. I know that if I was still a kid I'd run excitedly to fetch my mom and show her my solutions, I am that goddamn excited about them. Even in my late twenties, when I beat the first really taxing level, I immediately IMed the friend of mine who recommended it to tell her about it. People, just download the demo, or, better yet, buy it sight unseen, you'll see what I'm on about, and get with the fucking programme. You'll thank me later.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »

Skyrim is the sequel to morrowind. Let's pretend oblivion didn't exist.

So. Awesome.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
JamesSchneider

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »

Accidentally posted/ later deleted in the old thread

I'm so deep in Skyrim right now I might never come back.

Hence my recent absence.

I'm so stressed out trying to figure out what perks to get. So stressed.

Couldn't you take the second bus home?
alistarr*

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:08:01 AM »

There follows a quick summary of some games I haven't mentioned here but which I enjoyed playing. The best ones are Serious Sam, Gundemonium and Half Life.

Half Life (1): Really good so far. Feel kind of retrospectively gutted that I didn't buy this back when I was browsing the games aisle in Woolworths during lunch time.  Mum's computer probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. I'm looking forward to finishing it and seeing if the HL2 story makes any more sense as a result. It's much clearer how they got to Portal from this game than from HL2 - so far at least it's a slower pace with confined spaces and clever puzzles. No controller support so I'm having to learn to use a mouse. OH if only I'd bought this however many years ago, maybe I'd be good at PC shooters by now.

The Witcher: Not sure yet - don't think I've finished the tutorial but the intro movie was fun. I was disappointed I didn't get to do a character creation thing as that's usually the first 2 hours of any RPG I play. Pleasantly surprised at the little combo timing thing in combat. Not sure whether to have the voices in English or like Polish or Czech or something instead.

Gundemonium Collection: Was ah_pook raving about this a while ago? I only installed the two sidescrolling ones but both are a lot of fun. Nice inventive, pretty-looking bullet patterns sometimes. Not so sure about auto-bomb but I think that might just be because of the difficulty level I picked.

From Dust: all very fun and pleasant, but no graphical options to speak of and mouse control doesn't work properly. Once I started using a 360 pad it was very nice. Good for an hour or so's amusement.

Serious Sam HD The First Encounter: Oh my god! This game is awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Scoregasm: You know, I don't think I like these geometry wars-style games when they have a bunch of different levels. I hate choices. I want one arena, a simple rule set, and a high score at which to aim. It's a pretty game and fun enough, but it keeps saying "you finished the level!" or whatever and cutting me off mid-rampage. Pleasant enough for an hour's diversion.

Fate of the World: This is another "pleasant enough for an hour's diversion", I think - if I didn't already know that using global diplomacy to solve the world's problems was a near-impossible and thankless task, maybe this game would help me learn something. As it is it's just confirmation that the world is a tough place to get stuff done. I like it enough, though. But I won't be worrying about playing it again any time soon.
alistarr*

« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »

I played Half Life for about six hours today without a break and now my eyes hurt but I think it was worth it.
Dick

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2012, 12:06:50 AM »

Skyrim politics update:

The Forsworn are such utter fucking badasses.  Merciless primitivist terrorists haunting the rock-strewn moors.  It really pisses me off that I'm not allowed to join this faction.  The appeal of being a Stormcloak has completely worn off for me; at this point I have about as much enthusiasm for Ulfric Stormcloak's rebellion as I do for, say, the Scottish National Party.  Maybe one day a mod will come that will let me take up my true calling in Skyrim.  Leader of a small band of Forsworn ravagers.  Raiding caravans, slaughtering Nord women and children, fading into the cold fog.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012, 12:09:15 AM by Dick » Logged

We believe in hydration.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »

I was chill with the forsworn for a while after I helped their leadership break out of prison (even though I backstabbed the leader in the process 'cause he was kind of a dick). I could wander around their camps & dungeons and nobody would pay me any mind. Then I had a quest where I had to retrieve an object from what must have been their headquarters, since everyone from the prison break was in there. So I wandered in, totally cool, found the thing, picked it up--the game didn't say I was stealing it, just taking it--then had to fight my way out as the remainder of their leadership went fucking nuts on me. And ever since then, it's attack on sight again. Oh well.

edit: fucking had to kill like 6 Markarth guards during the prison break too and paid a hefty fine to continue being able to do business there.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012, 10:10:26 AM by YojimboMonkey » Logged

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »

Skyrim politics update:

The Forsworn are such utter fucking badasses.  Merciless primitivist terrorists haunting the rock-strewn moors.  It really pisses me off that I'm not allowed to join this faction.  The appeal of being a Stormcloak has completely worn off for me; at this point I have about as much enthusiasm for Ulfric Stormcloak's rebellion as I do for, say, the Scottish National Party.  Maybe one day a mod will come that will let me take up my true calling in Skyrim.  Leader of a small band of Forsworn ravagers.  Raiding caravans, slaughtering Nord women and children, fading into the cold fog.

Haha, yeah, Ulfric's a total dick, at this point I really just want somehow to SQUAD UP with the Companions and fucking ride on the Thalmor. I'm sure there's some of that later in the main quest, though.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Thermofusion

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:57:40 AM »

If any of you lptj Xbox guys can pry yourselves away from Tamriel, we should get some kind of semi-occasional poker night going. I downloaded that Full House Poker game and I've been really impressed with the slick presentation. And you can trash talk.

Also, on Tuesday and Saturday nights, they run tournaments every half hour from 8 pm until 1 am, in which you and a few thousand other people around the world have 25 minutes to earn as much XP as possible--you get XP for things like smart folds, winning showdowns on the river, busting opponents, reaching certain chip counts, etc. You switch tables every few hands, going to higher or lower stakes tables depending on how well you're doing/climbing the leaderboard.

triple paisley minimum
jm

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2012, 06:58:36 AM »

Oh damn, I love poker.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2012, 06:59:58 AM »

Oh shit I would be down with that. It would be a reason to turn on the Xbox, even!

Also I heard on the radio the other day that the online gambling regulations are going to be re-jiggered this year and online poker rooms will be widely available for US players again. It'd be sweet to get a low-stakes LPTJ poker night going, eventually.

think 'on the road.'
Thermofusion

« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »

Awesome! Full House Poker is $10 on Xbox. I'd be up for playing on the computer, too.

triple paisley minimum
elpollodiablo

« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »

Yeah, what are the tech limitations/capabilities of those who might be interested in a (bi)weekly poker game?

think 'on the road.'
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:32:21 AM »

Ian likes to watch me play Skyrim, and I don't mind it too much because he's funny when he talks shit to me. Anyway, he calls the Shouts "Boofs" 'cause that's kinda the sound they make. Today I was clearing a dungeon and got caught by a couple of Deathlords at the same time. They both Fus-Ro-Dahed me and as I was trying to get back up, one of them one-shotted me with an ebony bow & arrow.

Ian laughed and said "You just got boofed"

Yes, son. You're right.

JamesSchneider

« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »

Ian laughed and said "You just got boofed"

Yes, son. You're right.

Asher sometimes watches me play, and whenever I get killed, she turns toward me and frowns and says "you always die like that" with a lot of concern on her face. I don't think she can tell which enemies are which.

Couldn't you take the second bus home?
davy

« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:22:43 AM »

Oh damn, I love poker.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:35:32 AM »

So what the duck, let's play some poker

think 'on the road.'
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »

My stepbrother was camping and sent me a pic of his bloodied knee and holding an axe, and the caption said "I used to be an explorer like you till I split my knee open with an axe!

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMD28MMtNg

Thermofusion

« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »

I'd be up for some poker this weekend! On Xbox, I've got a couple guys I'm playing with every few nights. Or we can figure out a place to play online if y'all don't wanna throw a tenner at Microsoft.

triple paisley minimum
Thermofusion

« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2012, 01:35:11 AM »

This poker shit happenin or not guys? I think I coined some poker slang tonight: a dude won a showdown with a 3Q/2A full house, and I called it "Chained Heat"--3 Queens in the Big House. Or maybe that's actual slang I dragged out of subconscious memory. I dunno.

triple paisley minimum
milly balgeary

« Reply #23 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:23:33 AM »

I'm guessin by the lack of response, these guys have more important stuff to do. Judgin by the fact that some of the dudes you are askin' are posting in other threads. They are too important to respond to you dogg. I think it's probably because they are fucking sweet ass dudes. That's my guess. If you pick up the new Mortal Kombat, I'll take a swing at cha, son. Also, trade MW3 in for Black Ops. We need to get that kowloon shit goin again. Me and Xgoodbye played that zombie "moon" shit for 2 hours last night -- shit got REAL son. I was popping 'ludes son...

milly balgeary

« Reply #24 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »

btw, Thermies, did you gunny-sarge that UFC last night? Shit was short. There were some nasty knockouts, this crazy Brazilian who it out of his mind, sprung a dude's knee, and in the main event, the winner of the fight crowd surfed into a Brazilian crowd. Shit got real! It makes boxing look like shit, man. You see that Mayweather wants to fight big P? I think he's bullshittin' but...a man is hopeful.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: you know damn well that gay marriage is now legal in Skyrim (videogames)
Jump to: