Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 21, 2014, 06:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658106 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26
Print
Author Topic: It's Only People Pretending: New TV thread  (Read 52883 times)
dieblucasdie

« Reply #100 on: Mar 07, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »

They might do a two hour special just to wrap it up (you can do such things on a network like ABC Family) but it didn't get renewed, yeah.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #101 on: Mar 08, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

actually really digging season 2 of Walking Dead.  The last episode was probably the weakest so far.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
milly balgeary

« Reply #102 on: Mar 12, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »

I like the new season of the walking dead also. I have a thing for Once Upon A Time, because my kid likes it, so we've been watching way too much of it. I never completely pay attention to it, but sometimes when I do, I take a fancy to it. I think Grimm might be a bit better, but let's be honest, neither show is really particularly artful. This one just seem okay for kids.                                                       

dieblucasdie

« Reply #103 on: Mar 12, 2012, 10:45:03 PM »

I just feel bad for Giancarlo Esposito. Isn't he a fucking genie or some shit on that show? Breaking Bad should bring him back for flashbacks or something just to save him
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2012, 10:46:43 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

milly balgeary

« Reply #104 on: Mar 12, 2012, 11:04:00 PM »

Yeah he's a genie. I know man. I know. You get killed on BB, you end up on this fairy tale trip shit. He's also a newspaper man in the regular world -- of the show. I don't get this show, honestly. I just like it sometimes, when I look up, and the hot young wife from that mormon show on HBO is playing Snow White and for some reason has a

SPEAR

+1

dieblucasdie

« Reply #105 on: Mar 14, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »

I've been re-listening to Clash of Kings on audiobook during my commute in preparation for the new season of Game of Thrones, and I've decided that I don't care what they cut out, as long as we get, "Winterfell! Winterfell!" "Hot Pie! Hot Pie!"

edit: Also, I really hope they recast Gendry. That whole plot line is gonna be heeeella awkward he's played by that sweaty 35 year-old dude.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012, 10:11:52 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

milly balgeary

« Reply #106 on: Mar 14, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »

I've been re-listening to Clash of Kings on audiobook during my commute in preparation for the new season of Game of Thrones, and I've decided that I don't care what they cut out, as long as we get, "Winterfell! Winterfell!" "Hot Pie! Hot Pie!"

edit: Also, I really hope they recast Gendry. That whole plot line is gonna be heeeella awkward he's played by that sweaty 35 year-old dude.

I love those audiobooks dawg. LOVE em. Except not Feast, cause I think it was done by another. You listened to the Egg and Hedge audiobooks by Martin?

Chet

« Reply #107 on: Mar 20, 2012, 07:58:54 AM »

Finally got round to watching the second season of Twin Peaks. I can see why it lost fans and isn't as highly regarded as the first season, but I think it's a good show up until they solve Laura's murder. Then it loses its way for a good few episodes, and I almost stopped watching. Most of the story lines were deeply uninteresting, some even infuriatingly dull, like the whole James and the crazy woman, and the fucking Andy, Lucy and that super fucking annoying English dick thing. But I think the series redeems itself somewhat when Windom Earle begins to play a prominent part. It still doesn't hit the heights of season one, but it becomes watchable again and I actually felt like I wanted and needed to see the next episode ASAP rather than forcing myself to.

Oh and Gordon Cole is the best character. His scenes with Shelley are among my favourite of the whole show.

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
ellaguru

« Reply #108 on: Mar 20, 2012, 06:51:15 PM »

Yes that is right.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
peacocks

« Reply #109 on: Mar 20, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »

Yes, you are correct.

Gordon Cole is fantastic! (and he is david lynch! which you probably already knew but I didn't and when I found out I was so pleased)

I sorta found the Lucy Andy thing cute but I didn't like the English poser guy stuff.

dick-check your priviledge
Antero

« Reply #110 on: Mar 25, 2012, 01:20:15 AM »

Just watched the first two episodes of Legend of Korra.  Fuck yeah.  I am excited.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #111 on: Mar 25, 2012, 01:21:06 AM »

Yeah I saw the first one had leaked, it looks pretty good.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Greg Nog

« Reply #112 on: Mar 25, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »

It's not bad so far, though I'm still excited to see how the story builds, especially sine the first few episodes of the original series were a little lackluster.  I loved the callback to the "What happened with Zuko's mom?" thing.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #113 on: Mar 25, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »

Man, Justified has been going some strange places lately.

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #114 on: Mar 25, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

Yeah, definitely. But I love it! I've definitely warmed up to this season quite a bit in the last few episodes.

Does it kind of feel like they're setting up Limehouse to be next season's big bad? I can't quite figure out how having so many villains in one season is going to play out, especially with only what, three episodes left? Two?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #115 on: Apr 02, 2012, 08:22:15 AM »

Yeah that would make sense. The Quarles stuff has gotten so nuts I can't see it lasting beyond the end of the season.

NB haven't watched last week's episode yet. Looking forward to it!

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #116 on: Apr 02, 2012, 03:21:01 PM »

Dude. It's good. Real good.

Antero

« Reply #117 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »

Loiter Squad is, somewhat surprisingly, pretty funny.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
milly balgeary

« Reply #118 on: Apr 02, 2012, 11:18:20 PM »

I liked the first episode of the new season of Game of Thrones, but I was strangely...bored. Probably just me. I can get bored at good things sometimes.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #119 on: Apr 02, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »

Yeah, dawg, I thought it was maybe their strongest episode so far. They're much more confident re: making changes to the source material, and they're really knocking it out of the park. There were several times where they changed something or compressed something, and I was like, "FUCK, that makes MUCH more sense the show's way." (ie, the whole Cressen thing, what they're doing with Gendry). I don't think that ever happened in S1.
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2012, 11:25:53 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

elpollodiablo

« Reply #120 on: Apr 03, 2012, 07:51:51 AM »

I dunno, I'm kinda with milly. My memory of the beginning of book II is kinda hazy, so perhaps I'd've appreciated it more had I even been aware that some dramatic changes were being made. But yeah--it was a little slow. But that's okay! Still looking forward to this season. The wolves look a lot more wolf-like. Strongest episode so far, though, that's some crazy talk

Jesus christ I was *really* hoping they'd recast Shea. That whole thing is going to be totally excruciating.

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #121 on: Apr 03, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »

Also the way the Dragon Stone stuff was handled was completely opaque to anyone unfamiliar with the books. I don't know why they even kept the Cressen bit; it went by so quickly and was over so fast you barely got any sense of what was going on. They could've skipped it entirely and lost nothing.

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #122 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »

I guess it *is* kind of important to show that Melisandre actually does have some sort of power and isn't *totally* full of shit.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #123 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:44:25 AM »

I kind of wondered how that scene would play to people who hadn't read the book. Like, how obvious was it that he was trying to poison her, etc.

I think that somehow my copy cut the last couple of minutes off the episode. Maybe when I copied it to my phone to watch on the train.
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2012, 10:56:08 AM by YojimboMonkey » Logged

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #124 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:57:17 AM »

I kind of wondered how that scene would play to people who hadn't read the book. Like, how obvious was it that he was trying to poison her, etc.

It was pretty obvious that that's what was going on.

Though I still ended up spending most of the episode being confused and having no idea what was going on, but still enjoying the hell out of it. This was how the show worked for me last season as well.

I thought the episode was really strong. Slow at a couple of points, sure, but overall I thought it was excellent. I'm actually glad there were less boobs. I thought we might make it through the entire episode without boobs, but not quite. It's not that I don't love boobs, but it's just ... come on.

Also, you know, there are some things you just never expect to see on TV. One of those things was a dude stabbing a baby with a dagger. Fuck.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: It's Only People Pretending: New TV thread
Jump to: