Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 19, 2014, 08:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658296 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 64 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Golden Gate BasedGod Train * WOW * RARE *  (Read 55536 times)
Antero

« Reply #425 on: Apr 12, 2012, 11:54:15 AM »

Real talk: Donít ever deny the voices in your head either. When youíre sitting at home alone, right, we all go through depression, anxiety. Youíre by yourself and you hear those voices going wild in your head, in your unconscious, those angels by your side, your mental, your gut feeling, your heart. Listen to them. Let your mind tell you how you feel. Let your body tell you. Be in tune with your rareóthis is a very rare thing. Iím like a robot. Hey look, tell your hand to do this. [Raises hand]. Itís like, man, thatís amazing! Thatís amazing to me.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
Thermofusion

« Reply #426 on: Apr 12, 2012, 12:06:13 PM »

Lil B goin hard messianic in that speech! I'm cool with that

triple paisley minimum
Thermofusion

« Reply #427 on: Apr 12, 2012, 12:16:13 PM »

Ok, I'm kinda proud of this one.

This is awesome

triple paisley minimum
Antero

« Reply #428 on: Apr 12, 2012, 12:21:58 PM »

I better not talk about Mitt or you might not see me. What happened to Lil B? Lil B is in jail. Why is he in jail? Imprisoned by the government. Lil B made jokes about Mitt Romney at NYU and heís in prison for some reason. But what was you saying about your mother?

jebreject

« Reply #429 on: Apr 12, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »

Have you guys listened to the audio yet? http://soundcloud.com/trent-walker/lil-b-at-nyu

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
fishjim

« Reply #430 on: Apr 12, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »

Real talk: Donít ever deny the voices in your head either. When youíre sitting at home alone, right, we all go through depression, anxiety. Youíre by yourself and you hear those voices going wild in your head, in your unconscious, those angels by your side, your mental, your gut feeling, your heart. Listen to them. Let your mind tell you how you feel. Let your body tell you. Be in tune with your rareóthis is a very rare thing. Iím like a robot. Hey look, tell your hand to do this. [Raises hand]. Itís like, man, thatís amazing! Thatís amazing to me.

Jesus Christ he told the robots to play some music
The robots played their music with a stick
Robot sang about how Jesus was gone so long
And all the other robots loved that song

- from the mouth of a babe, if kev russell's to be believed

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
alistarr*

« Reply #431 on: Apr 12, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »

Look, my very smart NYU family, I tell you, I have nothing to hide and yíall shouldnít either. Donít let other peopleís stereotypes or stigmas or words put you in a box. Donít let that run your day. Donít be depressed anymore. Believe in yourself. Sometimes you look at yourself in the mirror like, ďEw, really?Ē For real. I went to the mirror, man, Iím like, ďDamn. How? How am I succeeding?Ē Yíall make me feel gorgeous, but sometimes you go to the mirror like, ďOh my god, Iím not that gorgeous.Ē But itís all from your heart though, and thatís why you can always feel gorgeous, one hundred percent. To say ďIím not that gorgeousĒ is only a reflection of the media. You are gorgeous. Iím telling you. You are what you believe you are. You are a model. You are a rapper. You are a student. You are a positive person. Donít let these words feel like youíre different. Nobody is different, Iím telling you, and nobody asked to be born. Iím telling you, bro, Iím telling you. Iím telling you.

Shouts out to Jay-Z, though. Shouts out to Jayyyy-Zeeeee, you feel me?

(From the comments of the soundcloud post) I think this is the audio as a download, but haven't listened to it yet:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gils38kgoii8ua4
howardfinkel

« Reply #432 on: Apr 12, 2012, 05:04:24 PM »

I have listened to the audio. Really amazing all around. I did notice the laughter noted at by Noz and in Brad's Village Voice article.

All around I'm kinda speechless on the whole thing though (besides the urge to just quote whole sections of the thing)

I was really surprised how quickly the entire transcript & the soundcloud audio file was online last night at 1am. Based work ethic.

Antero

« Reply #433 on: Apr 12, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/lil-b-at-nyu-whats-so-funny-about-love.html?mid=twitter_vulture

jm

« Reply #434 on: Apr 12, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »

Yeah, between BAoH's and Abebe's writeups, I was kind of embarrassed for the fanbase and a little annoyed that those people went and not me.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
howardfinkel

« Reply #435 on: Apr 12, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »

Just read the Abebe piece, man he is an amazing writer and really good at organizing his thoughts.

Found this through Lil B's Twitter:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/47624/the-great-big-lil-b-nyu-lecture-cheat-sheet

Pitchfork's coverage of the event seems off?

"Watch #BasedGod get shirtless" ...
"Pitchfork.tv were on the scene to document the rambling, 90-minute speech. The full segment will air tomorrow, but for now, watch a teaser video. Yes, Lil B gets shirtless."

As if Lil B getting shirtless is remotely more interesting than dozens of other things they could have mentioned!

howardfinkel

« Reply #436 on: Apr 12, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »

also think it's humorous how they put up a teaser for the video, as if the entire transcript and a soundcloud file weren't released immediately following the lecture last night. it makes them seem late, behind..

brings back memories of when MTV banned The Pack's "Vans" for being too much like a commercial. as if they had the power to control the way music is distributed and disseminated in the world.

fishjim

« Reply #437 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »

Yeah, Pitchfork should know better. Shouldn't they?

In the category of "dont really get it" reviews we can add my friend's at the Berkeley Patch. On my phone so can't link to it, but it was of the "gee whiz this guy is rambling" skool of kriticism.

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
davy

« Reply #438 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »

The buzz surrounding this event is the closest I've come to really appreciating The Based God. Honestly, I can't for the life of me find anything the least bit appealing about his music...but his persona, that I'm starting to dig. I'm an optimist, after all.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Anne the Man

« Reply #439 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »

Yeah all that stuff made me actually read this thread and listen to a couple of songs. All that internet-lolz stuff is annoying, and Brad's and Abebe's pieces are really good.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
howardfinkel

« Reply #440 on: Apr 13, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »

It's amazing how your guys responses/reading other reviews from prople who were really inspired cheered me up about the lecture. The backlash from the awkward crowd actually leading to more people realizing the earnestness that is pretty much the hardest thing for me to communicate about the based movement.

Also I keep coming back to the part of the lecture where he talks about how the Based God is bigger than him. Priceless...

G.C.R

« Reply #441 on: Apr 13, 2012, 03:07:09 AM »

The buzz surrounding this event is the closest I've come to really appreciating The Based God. Honestly, I can't for the life of me find anything the least bit appealing about his music...but his persona, that I'm starting to dig. I'm an optimist, after all.

this is how he gets you! Seriously, the last artist who I had the experience of thinking 'welp, This is sorta unpleasant first up...i don't think a lot of this...but I'll leave it playing...Huh not bad....hmm, i'll just play that again....wow, that song's good....ok spin it once more....Holy shit this is AMAZING', I think the last artist I had that same experience with, was the Gandalfs. It gets under your skin.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
davy

« Reply #442 on: Apr 13, 2012, 09:41:52 AM »

Well, I mean, I just don't listen to a lot of hip hop*, so putting that much effort into his music is probably not going to happen. But I'll be glad to appreciate his basedness in a more general cultural context.

*I don't listen to any, to be perfectly honest about it.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #443 on: Apr 13, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »

I'm not an optimist, but I pretty much agree with all of this. I've listened to at least a bit of every mixtape since I'm Gay and haven't heard anything that I would listen to again, but I find the critical conversation pretty interesting.

think 'on the road.'
davy

« Reply #444 on: Apr 13, 2012, 09:57:51 AM »

It certainly beats the conversation about Lana Del Ray.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #445 on: Apr 13, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »

From BasedGod's lips to your ears

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #446 on: Apr 13, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »

I may have said this before, but pollo, you just need to get really, really baked one night and listen to 6 Kiss like 5 times in a row. That'll do it.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #447 on: Apr 13, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »

<challenge accepted image macro>

think 'on the road.'
Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #448 on: Apr 13, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »

I may have said this before, but pollo, you just need to get really, really baked one night and listen to 6 Kiss like 5 times in a row. That'll do it.

after the lil b show last night i went to a friend's apartment. he asked me if "that lil b guy is for real." we got tremendously baked and i made him listen to god's father

it worked

jm

« Reply #449 on: Apr 13, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »

after the lil b show last night i went to a friend's apartment. he asked me if "that lil b guy is for real." we got tremendously baked and i made him listen to god's father

it worked

nice!

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Golden Gate BasedGod Train * WOW * RARE *
Jump to: