Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 23, 2014, 05:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658130 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS  (Read 31111 times)
jebreject

« Reply #150 on: Mar 07, 2012, 07:19:19 PM »

I apparently tend to walk on the sides of my feet

Never even noticed that

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
clare

« Reply #151 on: Mar 07, 2012, 09:29:28 PM »

It's probably related to your high arches, I do that too. And my left foot is a whole size bigger than my right, which is kind of a pain when I'm buying shoes. I think I tend to buy them so that the left one is a bit tight, and the right one is only a bit loose if they do half sizes, but my feet are pretty small. None of that is really deformity though :-)

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
milly balgeary

« Reply #152 on: Mar 09, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »

http://www.naturalandbalanced.com/2011/10/21/pumpkin-protein-bars-low-carb-sugar-free-grain-free/

I made these last night ... man, they were bad. My friend's wife made them for him, .. fuck they were good. Difference is baking skill = major difference. My shit tasted like pumpkin flat bread.

jebreject

« Reply #153 on: Mar 10, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »

Man, so PT and wellness trainer at fitness place both suggested the bike since the elliptical aggravates my achilles and the treadmill is out of the question, and man that bike sucks. I felt like I was getting absolutely no workout whatsoever. I guess there are other bikes that are better w/ more resistance, but the one I tried was like riding down a hill in the lowest gear, and that was with the resistance turned all the way up.

I also rowed for a bit which was fun but I can't see doing it longer than 10-15 mins.

clare

« Reply #154 on: Mar 10, 2012, 06:08:52 AM »

Even if you use an interesting shaped program? I could row for ages. I get into a rhythm and I'm gone.

I may've overdone it the last few days. Yesterday I did an hour of zumba, 45mins of boxing and 15 mins of elliptical.
Today I ran for 30 mins (still slow as, but i think i ran over 3k) took E for a walk to the shops, and did a 45 min zumba class. My body feels tired. Tomorrow the only thing I have planned is mowing the lawn, and I'll probably run again on Monday. This running thing is interesting. As long as it's flat, I can pretty much just run, but as soon as there's any gradient, I'm buggered. So when I start out from home it's very slightly uphill for the first 10 minutes or so, and then it flattens out nicely. I'm not sure how to deal with it. I'd like to be able to teleport to the flat bit.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #155 on: Mar 10, 2012, 07:30:26 AM »

Jeb did you just freestyle the bike or use a program? I do a sustained heart rate / calories for hour thing and after 40 min I'm fucking wrecked.

think 'on the road.'
milly balgeary

« Reply #156 on: Mar 10, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »

I wanna talk about how awesome these things are

They are too sweet, and almost stale, like an old, petrified waffle, and I know that those things don't sound all that great, but... they are like the best thing ever for a quick carb snack before exercise. I'm on a pretty restrictive diet, and doing the p90x2 in the morning -- and if I don't eat something before an afternoon run I'm dead on my feet. These things are MONEY, and they are tasty. Win, win. I just ate one, actually. Since it's Saturday I got up early and did some nasty P90x2 shit and now I'm gonna go hit up a run, so I can have a Saturday afternoon for goofing off.

Anyways, this P90X pap shit is for reals. It was developed by the P3 dudes who trained the J Evans dude who won the NBA dunk title http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DxPXkEecnDE

Interestingly, dudes pretty much took that workout and stuck it in final phase of the P90x2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7aSpOZ4xkY

Go to about 2 minutes into that vid, to see how that shit goes. Greg you'd be into this shit. This is where this one seems to be head and shoulders above the last P90x, this final phase. Actually the first 2 phases contain a hefty assortment of nasty balance moves intended to get your body ready for the pap stuff.

This morning was the second time I've done that shit and I just feel KEEHAULED. It's a series of complexes of 4 moves in 4 sets, each one targeting a contrasting muscle to the one you just worked out. Supposedly to fire the muscles and increase athletic performance. 4 more weeks and I'm done with this shit, and I suppose we shall see.

Greg Nog

« Reply #157 on: Mar 10, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »

Go to about 2 minutes into that vid, to see how that shit goes. Greg you'd be into this shit.

Man, I'm sure I would!  I wish I had someplace in my home where I could do all this without my downstairs neighbor getting hella mad at me for jumping around.
milly balgeary

« Reply #158 on: Mar 10, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »

Go to about 2 minutes into that vid, to see how that shit goes. Greg you'd be into this shit.

Man, I'm sure I would!  I wish I had someplace in my home where I could do all this without my downstairs neighbor getting hella mad at me for jumping around.

You could put it on your laptop and bring it to your gym!

Greg Nog

« Reply #159 on: Mar 10, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »

I was thinking about that, maybe, but I'm not sure how much free space there'd be to jump around and such without getting in anyone else's way.  When I did p90x, I uploaded the plyometrics video to my iPod and did it in the park, earbuds falling out occasionally as I jostled all over the place.  I got a lot of weird looks from passers-by.
milly balgeary

« Reply #160 on: Mar 10, 2012, 11:20:01 AM »

hell yeah, that would work. it's a little more "sporty" looking than plio was so that's a plus, and you get the added benefit of being outside. you'd need some weights too, and you'd want to do it near a bench or something you could put your leg on, for the weighed part. you go from like a squat with weights to super high jumping intense mary catherines, to jumping from side to side, to one foot hopping, to some plank exercise.

jebreject

« Reply #161 on: Mar 10, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »

Even if you use an interesting shaped program? I could row for ages. I get into a rhythm and I'm gone.

The rowing machines are pretty rudimentary. They didn't have different programs, just a lever to adjust the resistance.

Jeb did you just freestyle the bike or use a program? I do a sustained heart rate / calories for hour thing and after 40 min I'm fucking wrecked.

I used a program. I'm going to try a different bike next time. M tells me that the spin bikes are a lot better.

It ended up being okay, because I just pushed myself like crazy on my ride home, which was 10x the workout that bike at the gym was.

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #162 on: Mar 10, 2012, 12:00:07 PM »

Milly :

http://www.caramelcookiewaffles.com/

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
mountmccabe

« Reply #163 on: Mar 10, 2012, 01:48:55 PM »

Yeah, stroopwafels are fantastic.

You know a pancake?
Nick Ink

« Reply #164 on: Mar 10, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

stroopwafels

Sounds like a Machinefabriek track.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
milly balgeary

« Reply #165 on: Mar 10, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »

LOVE IT

milly balgeary

« Reply #166 on: Mar 10, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »

stroopwafels

Sounds like a Machinefabriek track.

Ah man, we all swore a vow not to talk about machinefabriek in this thread. We drove, flew, and took all terrain vehicles to an old electrical grid depot, ascended razor sharp barb wire towers, and met inside a dark alcove filled with corroded batteries and decided machinefabriek was not allowed here. It's fucked up, I know. I personally voted for machinefabriek talk. But they outvoted me! Goddamn it. As always. Don't worry, I'm sitting here in a machinefabiek t, with some jeggings on.

Em

« Reply #167 on: Mar 10, 2012, 11:50:33 PM »

I'm with Jeb re: rowing machines and always have been, even when I was a rower. They're everything terrible about rowing with none of the good parts. 'Course, erg training for rowers is pretty vicious so you're kind of conditioned to hate them. I'm sure it's already been said upthread, but people who are using the rowing machines: make sure a trainer shows you how, and make sure that trainer actually knows what they're talking about (a lot of them don't for this specific machine), or eventually you're gonna get sore in spots you didn't know you had, and not in a good way. Am happy to provide rower-approved tips for anyone having troubles!
Bernard

« Reply #168 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »

Please share rower-approved tips. Not having any troubles, but always like to hear from one who's done the thing for real.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #169 on: Mar 11, 2012, 09:02:07 AM »

Well, I've lost 20 pounds in two months. And it wasn't even that difficult, really. The next 20 will probably be a good bit harder.

think 'on the road.'
Greg Nog

« Reply #170 on: Mar 11, 2012, 09:25:56 AM »

My goodness!  Best of luck!
Em

« Reply #171 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:30:29 PM »

Please share rower-approved tips. Not having any troubles, but always like to hear from one who's done the thing for real.

Well the main things are things you've probably already been told, but really, really focus on them. At the back of the machine (what I would consider the beginning of the stroke), extend your arms first, then your shoulder and torso, then let the slide move forward. At the front of the machine, do exactly the reverse--power back using your legs, then let your torso move back (and for an extra ab workout and a more powerful stroke, lean back at the end of the stroke just a bit), then bring your arms in, and make sure to keep your elbows in close to your sides. It sounds like it would be jerky motions, but it's not. And when you're at the front of the machine--the "catch," where the oars would drop into the water, and well, catch it--pause for just a second to let the resistance build up and you'll cover more distance in a shorter period of time if that's what you're going for.

Also, I don't know if you just get on there and row, which is totally great, but setting up a racing goal for yourself might be a good idea. We used to race various distances on the erg but the most common (and the one I won the most indoor rowing contests rowing, ahem, ahem Smile) is the 2K, which is kinda brutal because it's sort of like the longest distance you can row and still have it be considered a "sprint" (although you do still pick up the pace for an extra sprint at the end). For an average active female rower that race should only take between 7 and 8 minutes, but training for it can be a great cardio workout. Try throwing three or four sets of "Power Tens" (ten of the longest, hardest strokes you can pull) into a 20-minute rowing workout to start and see where it gets you!

Not sure if any of this is news to you, but there's my two cents!
milly balgeary

« Reply #172 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:51:59 PM »

Well, I've lost 20 pounds in two months. And it wasn't even that difficult, really. The next 20 will probably be a good bit harder.

Congrats man! That's a feeling of accomplishment for sure

Em

« Reply #173 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »

Yeah man, that's awesome!
milly balgeary

« Reply #174 on: Mar 11, 2012, 08:11:03 PM »

I'm trying me a zig zag diet. Today and yesterday were high cal days, tomorrow -- low cal!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 31
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS
Jump to: