Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:41:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 48 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS  (Read 31284 times)
Bernard

« on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »

New nutrition plan: cheese and veal

So, yeah, I've been getting some intermittent sciatic pain, so I'm trying to dial back the running (especially since it's treadmill season) and step up the yoga. I'm pretty sure it's pinching in my lower shoulder, right above my should blade. Any tips? The internets just tell me to do core/ab exercises and stretches that I already do.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012, 08:39:22 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
milly balgeary

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »

How much you run a day?

dieblucasdie

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:47:44 PM »

I only do 25ish miles a week (depending on whether I make it out 5 days or 6 days), but I do it all in the 6:50-7:10 range, so part of what I've been trying to do is just slow down.  I took today off entirely, though, and it definitely helped.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012, 09:22:07 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

Bernard

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »

Cheese, veal, caviar, and lobster.  Shocked

milly balgeary

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »

That's fast dogg! I'm around 35-42, but I do 10:00. I've went to 8:00 but I can't do as much and frankly I'm afraid I'm gonna hurt myself. I got in an arms race with this guy on the next treadmill over last year and I ran super fast to beat him....and I was hurting for a while. I'm a bigger guy though and not a natural runner, and have sloppy body. There is very little grace here. I just shamble forward. I took today off too, and I feel restless. But the outer edge of my root foot is hurt and so is my left heel. I should probably take a week off.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #6 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:10:32 AM »

nike makes a shoe with a slot for this little apple thing that monitors your movement, to help with gait. it's important to get into your groove and pay attention to where your foot is landing and taking off from, to get your stride balanced, and move with a measure of grace. unless you're actually into the lumbering sort of feeling that comes with your body breaking down under the force of it's own weight.

swimming!

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
distance

« Reply #7 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »

i've started to like running in the cold.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #8 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »

Guys, it's really only a matter of time before I get in a fist-fight with a careless driver on like mile 4 of a 5 mile run. Today I literally had to jump out of the way of someone blowing through a stop sign.

This sort of thing happens nearly every time I run outside.  And if I weren't aware and extra careful around places where people perpetually fuck up, I totally would've been hit by now.
« Last Edit: Feb 29, 2012, 05:39:09 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

cold before sunrise

« Reply #9 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »

drivers are dicks. my mum rides her bike everywhere and was shocked when an asian driver made eye contact and then turned towards her anyway. there should be regulations for that: death sentence.

coldforge

« Reply #10 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »

drivers are dicks. my mum rides her bike everywhere and was shocked when an asian driver made eye contact and then turned towards her anyway. there should be regulations for that: death sentence.
Quoting racial profiling in advance of traditional cbs deletion

l'era del terzo mondo.
jebreject

« Reply #11 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »

Guys, it's really only a matter of time before I get in a fist-fight with a careless driver on like mile 4 of a 5 mile run. Today I literally had to jump out of the way of someone blowing through a stop sign.

This sort of thing happens nearly every time I run outside.  And if I weren't aware and extra careful around places where people perpetually fuck up, I totally would've been hit by now.

Try doing the vast majority of your commuting by bicycle.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jebreject

« Reply #12 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:56:15 PM »

ASIAN DRIVERS EVERYWHERE

OH AND WOMEN TOO

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #13 on: Feb 29, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »

Try doing the vast majority of your commuting by bicycle.

Oh, I've been there.

Running's just a little different, because you're on the sidewalk, and going through crosswalks, but moving much faster than other pedestrians, so drivers miss you ALL THE TIME.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #14 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »

Oh, man, PLEASE tell me someone else saw that; Tapatalk wouldn't let me preserve it. "Part of their heritage"

cold before sunrise

« Reply #15 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »

that's not true. i watched 2 school children get knocked out of their shoes by a chinese man who hit them directly in front of me, knocking them over a pass. one died. these people are known for skirting the rules, it's part of their heritage. sorry, decent asian drivers, i know you exist but your reputation is being disrupted as much as east indians who don't shower regularly. i was in a cab listening to an east indian radio program complaining about how a few bad apples ruin the bunch while holding my breath in the back of cab yesterday, even they know it's true.

jm

« Reply #16 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »

that's not true. i watched 2 school children get knocked out of their shoes by a chinese man who hit them directly in front of me, knocking them over a pass. one died. these people are known for skirting the rules, it's part of their heritage. sorry, decent asian drivers, i know you exist but your reputation is being disrupted as much as east indians who don't shower regularly. i was in a cab listening to an east indian radio program complaining about how a few bad apples ruin the bunch while holding my breath in the back of cab yesterday, even they know it's true.

there it is

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
milly balgeary

« Reply #17 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »

nike makes a shoe with a slot for this little apple thing that monitors your movement, to help with gait. it's important to get into your groove and pay attention to where your foot is landing and taking off from, to get your stride balanced, and move with a measure of grace. unless you're actually into the lumbering sort of feeling that comes with your body breaking down under the force of it's own weight.

swimming!

Those are the kinds of things people buy who don't actually exercise. Gewgaws.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #18 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »

shitty, stinky drivers are not uncommon and i don't know what you mean, jon, since you clearly aren't treating your regime with care. we're here to be our best and treat our bodies with respect. if your actions are causing injury then maybe try doing something differently, in congruency with best practices.

milly balgeary

« Reply #19 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »

I disagree.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #20 on: Feb 29, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »

shamble along then.

Bernard

« Reply #21 on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »

if your actions are causing injury then maybe try doing something differently, in congruency with best practices.

causing injury and/or causing you to be described as a "nazi troll"

milly balgeary

« Reply #22 on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »

shamble along then.

I have a specific body type that doesn't run with swan-like grace. Them's the brakes. I'm overweight.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2012, 03:04:21 AM »

You'll get better. Everything takes practice. Come visit me in a Winter wonderland, we can meditate together.

clare

« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »

I actually ran (kind of) for 20 mins today. On a treadmill. It was OK. Not very fast, but enough to make me sweat and get my heartrate up a bit. Also I had the lungs to do it. I must be getting fitter, hey?

Also got my echocardiogram results back and it's all OK. The ectopic heartbeats are merely annoying, and the mitral valve leak is minor. All good.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS
Jump to: