Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 22, 2014, 03:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657908 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 65 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS  (Read 29706 times)
G.C.R

« Reply #225 on: Mar 19, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

I am only runnign once or twice a week while I settle into my new job(s) so when I do, I go for longer. my shins are a bit shattered today, though.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
milly balgeary

« Reply #226 on: Mar 22, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »

I'm turning into a meathead! 2 weeks and 3 days left of the P90x2 and I'm gonna eat so many oreos! Where's the bicep thread!?

kadiekatRN

« Reply #227 on: Mar 22, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »

I need to shed the baby weight and some prebaby weight, for that matter!  I'm still up at least 10 lbs from where I was before I got pregnant, and at least 30 up from where I was three years ago! 

Plan to troll Craigslist for a jogging stroller, me thinks.  Been taking walks pretty frequently since the weather has been awesome, but I'm not sure that it is quite enough.

It's hard to work too hard to lose weight because I'm responsible for producing milk for my son (and having some supply issues anyway).  Of course, I'm also probably overshooting the extra calorie allowance. 
Greg Nog

« Reply #228 on: Mar 23, 2012, 07:54:28 AM »

Man, that's gotta be a weird balance to maintain.  I'm mostly in the consuming milk demographic, rather than production-side.

So after reading about Intermittent Fasting for a while, I decided to give it a go yesterday to see how it all went down.  It was fine, though throughout the day I kept being like, "Welp, I sure wish I was eating a thing."  I broke the fast this morning with a piece of celery, and goodness gracious, it was the best that a piece of celery has ever tasted. 

I may continue doing this once a week or so; I can't speak to any major health effects yet, but it was certainly interesting from a neurochemical perspective, and as far as that goes, undeniably cheaper than any kind of drugs.  I felt simultaneously lower-energy and higher-energy, which certainly jibes with what blucas was saying when stephanie went on her fast/cleanse thing: that the fasting folks he knew wold be like "I HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY" and everyone around them would be like, "Right uh it's coming off as cracked-out"

LPTJ CLASSIC, sponsored by Ford Honda, drive the excitement
milly balgeary

« Reply #229 on: Mar 23, 2012, 08:18:50 AM »

Funny enough, after trying a zig zag, I started the leangains version on Monday. You're probably familiar. You fast 16 and eat during the other 8. I've been a little lax...I usually stop eating at 10 pm...then around 9am eat broccoli and then eat lunch at noon. Im really just skipping a big breakfast and snack. I eat the broccoli because I felt a little dizzy the first day and I may phase that out. I definitely feel good so far and I've been eating the fuck outta pasta and such at night!

elpollodiablo

« Reply #230 on: Mar 23, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »

Today at the gym I was in some kind of weird silent competition with the girl next to me on the elliptical. I noticed her looking at my machine's display a few times, so I looked at hers, and every time I did her resistance was set 5 levels ahead of mine. Maybe her thinking was "I should be going a bit harder because I literally weigh less than half of this guy"

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #231 on: Mar 23, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »

Funny enough, after trying a zig zag, I started the leangains version on Monday. You're probably familiar. You fast 16 and eat during the other 8. I've been a little lax...I usually stop eating at 10 pm...then around 9am eat broccoli and then eat lunch at noon. Im really just skipping a big breakfast and snack. I eat the broccoli because I felt a little dizzy the first day and I may phase that out. I definitely feel good so far and I've been eating the fuck outta pasta and such at night!

I'm interested in this kind of week-long structured approach. I've been going it day-by-day and losing routinely 1-2lb./week, but I assume there's going to come a point soon where I plateau and my ability to do just 2000cal/day or whatever I'd need to do to continue to lose weight is going to diminish. A 2400cal/day goal is pretty sweet because if I work out for an hour I can pretty much eat what I like (within reason) all day and still be just under target.

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #232 on: Mar 23, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »

I don't know I could ever take seriously something this guy told me though

think 'on the road.'
coldforge

« Reply #233 on: Mar 23, 2012, 02:22:24 PM »

something... is wrong with his shirt.

l'era del terzo mondo.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #234 on: Mar 23, 2012, 02:36:49 PM »

IT'S HIS SICK CORE

think 'on the road.'
Greg Nog

« Reply #235 on: Mar 23, 2012, 03:15:23 PM »

I'm more worried about the goblet of human blood
Ashley

« Reply #236 on: Mar 23, 2012, 04:12:13 PM »

Today I put on my roller derby gear for the first time and skated around the running track outside my building.  And by skated I mean I floundered around trying not to fall down.

People watched me from their balconies and it made me feel cool.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
milly balgeary

« Reply #237 on: Mar 23, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »

I'm interested in this kind of week-long structured approach. I've been going it day-by-day and losing routinely 1-2lb./week, but I assume there's going to come a point soon where I plateau and my ability to do just 2000cal/day or whatever I'd need to do to continue to lose weight is going to diminish. A 2400cal/day goal is pretty sweet because if I work out for an hour I can pretty much eat what I like (within reason) all day and still be just under target.

I'm happy. Getting up a 4-ish and taking jacked pre workout and doing the p90x.  After that, today I forsook the broccoli and fasted til noon, felt amazingly focused. I mainly eat fruit and yogurt for lunch, and been keeping it light. After work, eat snack, go run. What excites me is after the run  I get to go to town with food and I'm still within my calorie window. I'll eat one big meal then eat maybe another before bed and live it up with some frozen treats and still be within my window. Last night I ate under 2400 cals which is less than I want to eat so I need to go grocery shopping. Hello kashi blackberry graham cereal bars. They have sour patch Popsicles out. Now I can go out to eat in a limited fashion and not feel nagging guilt. This is doable long term instead of a rigid ..."diet"... We shall see. I lost a lb this week and it was easy. In fact, felt amazingly focused and jovial. Very zen. So far, I give Martin berkhams IF stuff an A+

mixed cats

« Reply #238 on: Mar 23, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

I officially weigh the most I've ever weighed, but since it's baby I don't really care. It's a slight bumout that Bill and a bunch of our friends are all into running and shit, and I'm trying to stay active but walking up stairs gets me out of breath.

please babby please

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
jebreject

« Reply #239 on: Mar 23, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »

I really, really need to figure out the diet part of all of this. I pretty much eat like crap. Not that most of what I eat is terrible for me (though I do eat a rather lot more cheese than I'd care to admit), but I just eat, and eat, and eat. I've always had a problem with overeating, and I think I've always assumed that it would just go away on its own. And of course it's not going to.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #240 on: Mar 23, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »

you can eat as much as you want, if it's healthy and nutrient dense stuff like fish, vegetables and berries. more importantly, i just came to say thank you to this board for alerting me to the kale guy and wanted to let you know the kickstarter fundraiser was a success: WE DID IT! ninja kick in the head to corporate fast-food assholes.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #241 on: Mar 23, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »

I really, really need to figure out the diet part of all of this. I pretty much eat like crap. Not that most of what I eat is terrible for me (though I do eat a rather lot more cheese than I'd care to admit), but I just eat, and eat, and eat. I've always had a problem with overeating, and I think I've always assumed that it would just go away on its own. And of course it's not going to.

Just track it. I've lost twenty-five pounds literally by using my smartphone. I'm the kind of jerk who usually will check his phone during meals anyway, so the tracking fed very nicely into my general unconscious technolust compulsions. People talk about how it's too overwhelming or taxing to keep track of what you eat, but if you have a smartphone it's really not. It takes about ten seconds of your time right before you eat something. The action of logging it also makes you examine it more than you would otherwise. Even if you don't keep strict calorie goals, the very action of taking account of what you *are* consuming will probably lead you to greater portion control. Or at least self-loathing. Razz

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #242 on: Mar 23, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »

I have enough self-loathing already.

Recommend an app. I can at least give it a try.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #243 on: Mar 23, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »

I like this MyFitnessPal thing because it's free, has a huge library of foods, a barcode scanner, and a name that's embarrassing to say aloud. It's also really fast. Has an exercise tracker, but they all do.

think 'on the road.'
milly balgeary

« Reply #244 on: Mar 23, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

That's the one I use. You can add people and share your food diary. It keeps me honest.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2012, 09:37:32 PM by milly balgeary » Logged

clare

« Reply #245 on: Mar 24, 2012, 06:52:14 AM »

Yeah, tracking and portion control are your friends :-) I still overeat, but it's all steamed broccoli or pumpkin or carrot sticks now, so while I haven't kicked the behaviour, the result is pleasing.

My arms feel like shit. I did the boxing class yesterday and it was all super fast punching with things like tricep dips and squats or jogging around the room for a break. Agony triceps, like I got a tetanus shot in both arms. But I can see them now when I flex :-)

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
milly balgeary

« Reply #246 on: Mar 24, 2012, 09:04:32 AM »

Yeah, tracking and portion control are your friends :-) I still overeat, but it's all steamed broccoli or pumpkin or carrot sticks now, so while I haven't kicked the behaviour, the result is pleasing.

My arms feel like shit. I did the boxing class yesterday and it was all super fast punching with things like tricep dips and squats or jogging around the room for a break. Agony triceps, like I got a tetanus shot in both arms. But I can see them now when I flex :-)

You rock it! How do you eat pumpkin? Like...steamed? I have never had that, if that's how you eat it.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #247 on: Mar 24, 2012, 10:42:44 AM »

Man I dunno if my metabolism's changing or it's just from eating all the extra fiber or what but FART

FART FAAAAAART

think 'on the road.'
Thermofusion

« Reply #248 on: Mar 24, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »

Bananas have been making me fart lately.

THIS WEEK IN FARTING

triple paisley minimum
Ignatius

« Reply #249 on: Mar 24, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »

Health person fart
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS
Jump to: