Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658127 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS  (Read 31106 times)
milly balgeary

« Reply #275 on: Mar 25, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »

I completely sympathize with the eating out of boredom thing; that was me all over for many years. Just being aware of it, I think, is huge.

I do that! And if I'm full and there's still stuff there but not enough to take leftovers or if I won't be able to take anything home I eat everything just to finish- and I wasn't even trained to do that!

The app thing didn't work for me because I'll just justify omitting things or be too lazy to figure things out that they don't have, or skip days at a time. When I had it I was a little obsessive with it and one of my friends got on my case about it being unhealthy.

So you'll carelessly omit, neglect, and skip things but you'll be crazily obsessed to an unhealthy degree?  :-)

peacocks

« Reply #276 on: Mar 26, 2012, 12:28:30 AM »

Yes! It sounds crazy, but the obsession comes first, then the omissions, then I stop using it.

dick-check your priviledge
milly balgeary

« Reply #277 on: Mar 26, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »

In my personal experience, friends and family are often the least sympathetic and supportive of changing habits. Maybe it's as dire as you speak of, but I just know from personal experience, people can't help it. They don't want you to change for the better. They'll be all over it, once you've reaped positive benefits, but until then, they'll corner you and use every trick to keep the status quo. These are good people, don't get me wrong. But maybe your friend was wrong? I mean, logging what you eat is good behavior, and being extreme about it is something that everyone kinda feels at first, until it tapers off. Maybe you should punch your friend in the face?

clare

« Reply #278 on: Mar 26, 2012, 06:44:43 AM »

Oh yeah, weight loss/exercise saboteurs are the pits. I know it's not malicious, that they really just feel bad about not having the willpower to  do it themselves, but it shits me to tears. It's not like I don't have enough "oh fuck it" self-sabotage running in my head already! My worst saboteur moved to Brisbane, which was sad for a lot of reasons, but good in that I didn't have to deal with her "go, on, eat this really yummy thing I made" stuff anymore....

And peacocks, I know what you mean about obsession, then cheating, then ignoring. I've managed to stick with tracking for a year, and I'm amazed. I guess in some ways it's an unhealthy obsession, but it's lost me a lot of weight, and I've started exercising. I'd like to get more relaxed about food, but as I still overeat I don't trust myself not to track and weigh and measure fanatically...

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
peacocks

« Reply #279 on: Mar 26, 2012, 09:34:56 AM »

Yeah, the person who says that stuff to me is the person who weighs 119 pounds and jokes about wanting to get down to her baby weight, so, maybe I should just tell her to shut up.

dick-check your priviledge
elpollodiablo

« Reply #280 on: Mar 26, 2012, 01:27:53 PM »

Yesterday's workout and the one this morning were pretty rough, and I've felt very run down all day. Then I looked at my log and realized I haven't had a rest day in over two weeks. Gonna eat some carbs and take a long nap

think 'on the road.'
theartlessmonster

« Reply #281 on: Mar 26, 2012, 04:39:25 PM »

i'll admit i only continued reading to read more here about the bad drivers who had shit thier pants and smelled or something because i'm so mature that way.

however, i'll add something too, i agree with pollo on the sparkling water, there is something satisfying about all that bubbling.

Don't be a swiss roll.
milly balgeary

« Reply #282 on: Mar 26, 2012, 07:08:20 PM »

Oh yeah, weight loss/exercise saboteurs are the pits. I know it's not malicious, that they really just feel bad about not having the willpower to  do it themselves, but it shits me to tears. It's not like I don't have enough "oh fuck it" self-sabotage running in my head already! My worst saboteur moved to Brisbane, which was sad for a lot of reasons, but good in that I didn't have to deal with her "go, on, eat this really yummy thing I made" stuff anymore....

And peacocks, I know what you mean about obsession, then cheating, then ignoring. I've managed to stick with tracking for a year, and I'm amazed. I guess in some ways it's an unhealthy obsession, but it's lost me a lot of weight, and I've started exercising. I'd like to get more relaxed about food, but as I still overeat I don't trust myself not to track and weigh and measure fanatically...

Plus, we're always looking for a way out. If a friend says something reasonable about our habits and it's kinda what we wanna hear, it's relatively easy to agree!

Babar

« Reply #283 on: Mar 26, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »

i'll admit i only continued reading to read more here about the bad drivers who had shit thier pants and smelled or something because i'm so mature that way.

however, i'll add something too, i agree with pollo on the sparkling water, there is something satisfying about all that bubbling.

HI YOU

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #284 on: Mar 27, 2012, 02:06:55 AM »

theartlessmonster: glad to see you haven't jumped ship.

Heart

san pellegrino makes a sparkling water that has a little grapefruit essence i'm kind of wild about but i mostly stick to using the glass bottles with swing stoppers they use for french lemonade to keep the fridge stocked with lots of filtered water that's ready to grab and go.

i'm always encouraging friends to eat better and insisting they chug down my fresh vegetable juice with lots of kale and added spirulina but am also the kind to bake cookies to give away. whatever man.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
theartlessmonster

« Reply #285 on: Mar 27, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »

HELLO!

yes, i just read something about the benefits of mineral water for digestion and other reasons.

and really I have jumped ship.

however, i drop by on rare occasion. i just don't have much to say these days, here anyways.

hope you all are doing well! 

Don't be a swiss roll.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #286 on: Mar 27, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »

I SEE HOW IT IS!

theartlessmonster

« Reply #287 on: Mar 27, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »

sometimes i just come back because it's comforting for me to know there are web forums out there where people post the food they ate, the shoes they bought and they exercise they performed and then there are other posters that actually care.  oh wait that's the whole internet. 

do you think if people stopped caring what other people are doing internet traffic would slow down?  or would they just pretend to care so they could continue to post thier own shit.

Don't be a swiss roll.
jebreject

« Reply #288 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »

So far this calorie counting deal is going pretty well.

I mean, it's only been three days, but when I realize I have to track it in the app, I become less likely to eat snacks that I know I shouldn't be eating. Like if I was making a sandwich, I'd usually cut off a few extra slices of cheese. In general I would eat a lot while preparing food. So far, none of that! Let's hope I keep it up.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
milly balgeary

« Reply #289 on: Mar 27, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »

sometimes i just come back because it's comforting for me to know there are web forums out there where people post the food they ate, the shoes they bought and they exercise they performed and then there are other posters that actually care.  oh wait that's the whole internet. 

do you think if people stopped caring what other people are doing internet traffic would slow down?  or would they just pretend to care so they could continue to post thier own shit.

This Internet will get you yet, artless monster.

milly balgeary

« Reply #290 on: Mar 27, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »

So far this calorie counting deal is going pretty well.

I mean, it's only been three days, but when I realize I have to track it in the app, I become less likely to eat snacks that I know I shouldn't be eating. Like if I was making a sandwich, I'd usually cut off a few extra slices of cheese. In general I would eat a lot while preparing food. So far, none of that! Let's hope I keep it up.
That's awesome Jeb! Of course you'll keep it up.

clare

« Reply #291 on: Mar 27, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »

Yay Jeb!! Have you tried pre-tracking? (where you think about what you're going to eat, and track it in advance...) I love doing that cos it means I don't have to do it at the time, and I know if I can have a surprise mint slice when the bloke at work buys a packet and offers them around.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #292 on: Mar 27, 2012, 09:39:09 PM »

it's a shame we don't hear from you more often, i do enjoy your brand. the interweb may be a perfect platform for narcissism but this place is different, right? isn't being unique what makes a thing special? hearing about what other people know and how they live has been beneficial to me, don't know exactly who's benefitted from my contributions but am just putting them out there. chip in or hit the road, darling.

theartlessmonster

« Reply #293 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »

interesting you said "brand" i'm working on personal branding! 

i did chip it in once while golfing, i could not believe it.  neither could my golf instructor. i will never forget the day i "chipped in" the one and only day i probably will ever chip in with and for anything.  i'm not really a chipper in type. 

anyways thanks.

and milly, what's this "the internet is going to get me" - oh the midwest sound machine has spoken! i'm so scared!  internet's gonna get me, internet's gonna get me.

Don't be a swiss roll.
Bernard

« Reply #294 on: Mar 28, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »

In my personal experience, friends and family are often the least sympathetic and supportive of changing habits. Maybe it's as dire as you speak of, but I just know from personal experience, people can't help it. They don't want you to change for the better. They'll be all over it, once you've reaped positive benefits, but until then, they'll corner you and use every trick to keep the status quo. These are good people, don't get me wrong. But maybe your friend was wrong? I mean, logging what you eat is good behavior, and being extreme about it is something that everyone kinda feels at first, until it tapers off. Maybe you should punch your friend in the face?

I agree with the entirety of this post. I recently had an underweight friend give me shit for recording what I ate and for being so intent on eating small, frequent meals with lots of protein. WHATEVER. Later for that noise, when I am winning weightlifting competitions in the women 50+ category and he's so bent over he has to look sideways to look up, we'll see who gives who what kind of shit.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #295 on: Mar 28, 2012, 04:23:48 PM »

You'll be like HAHA CRIPPLE

think 'on the road.'
milly balgeary

« Reply #296 on: Mar 28, 2012, 09:15:38 PM »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH. I facebook like that shit.

Bernard

« Reply #297 on: Mar 28, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »

You'll be like HAHA CRIPPLE

Right now I'm like HAHA CRIPPLE-TO-BE

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
cold before sunrise

« Reply #298 on: Mar 29, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »

hmm.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #299 on: Mar 29, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

My plan for healthy living while on the road is starting with a double vodka tonic in the airport bar at 9am

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS
Jump to: