Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 22, 2014, 09:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658205 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS  (Read 31725 times)
dieblucasdie

« Reply #325 on: Mar 31, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »

I ate like CRAP today. That's okay to do every once in a while, right?

... right?

Yeah, I mean, if fitness meant you could never eat like crap, or that you could never go out and drink 12 beers, it, you know, wouldn't be worth it

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
jebreject

« Reply #326 on: Mar 31, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »

I think I'm gonna try to stop eating meat again. I don't really eat a lot of it, so other than an occasional cheeseburger while out, I wouldn't even miss it. I do love yogurt though. Noosa australian yoghurt is the BEST thing.

Do it!

I really want to cut way down on dairy. Ideally, I would really like to go vegan but if I'm being realistic I don't think that is ever going to happen.

Do you drink a lot of milk?

No. I can't stand milk. But I have a cheese problem.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jebreject

« Reply #327 on: Mar 31, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »

I think I'm gonna try to stop eating meat again. I don't really eat a lot of it, so other than an occasional cheeseburger while out, I wouldn't even miss it. I do love yogurt though. Noosa australian yoghurt is the BEST thing.

Do it!

I really want to cut way down on dairy. Ideally, I would really like to go vegan but if I'm being realistic I don't think that is ever going to happen.

I could also do this, I think, though I'd need to think seriously about what would replace that part of my meals that currently seems most satisfying. I hardly ever eat red meat these days, but chicken breast is a huge part of my protein intake.

My dairy intake is almost zero at this point, though.

You should learn to make your own seitan!

Em

« Reply #328 on: Mar 31, 2012, 11:54:50 PM »

What Jeb said. Or, you know, you just kind of reconfigure and then different things seem satisfying. I actually don't eat any meat substitutes at all--no seitan, no tempeh--on a regular basis (don't love them), and find it's the veggies and the way they're prepared that satisfy me. Then again, I'm one of those "little meals, little snacks" people who rarely sits down for a big to-do, so a handful of nuts here or there is a big deal to me. You may find yourself in a different position if you're a three-squares guy.
Greg Nog

« Reply #329 on: Mar 31, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »

I ate so many fucking deep-fried tempeh wingz and beers tonight, which I guess makes up for the fast day I did on Thursday.  CIRCLE OF LIFE
cold before sunrise

« Reply #330 on: Apr 01, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »

This calorie counting thing pisses me off because it's hard to admit to having cheap beer for breakfast but it's been rather illuminating. So I lied to Milly about it and starved myself for a day. Am back on it, bitches!

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
peacocks

« Reply #331 on: Apr 01, 2012, 04:24:34 PM »

what app do you guys use? are you really sharing your food stuff things? I have myfitnesspal. You can have friends on it but it doesn't tell you details about them or anything.

my thing that is keeping me from veganism is also cheese and every pastry.

dick-check your priviledge
elpollodiablo

« Reply #332 on: Apr 01, 2012, 04:32:17 PM »

That is the thing we're using. If you make your diary public, your friends can see it and they see your status updates & exercises and stuff.

I ate some gnarly shit while traveling. Also consumed about 1.5K calories in booze every day.

think 'on the road.'
clare

« Reply #333 on: Apr 01, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »

I'm looking at getting a heart rate monitor - Garmin fr70 with the 'foot pod' or forerunner 110 (which has GPS). Any feedback from you lot? Other alternative is a Polar ft7 or ft40... we have some REI free money.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
milly balgeary

« Reply #334 on: Apr 01, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »

I'm looking at getting a heart rate monitor - Garmin fr70 with the 'foot pod' or forerunner 110 (which has GPS). Any feedback from you lot? Other alternative is a Polar ft7 or ft40... we have some REI free money.

I have a garmin 305. you planning on doing a lot of outside exercising, ie.. lotsa jogging?

mixed cats

« Reply #335 on: Apr 01, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »

I got Bill a Garmin Forerunner watch with a heart rate monitor and he loooooves it because it generates maps and graphs and he is a nerd. I wasn't sure he'd use the heart rate monitor, but got it anyway, and he uses it every time, and it seems to work OK as long as it doesn't slip off.

After he used it for a while, he figured out he can draw things with certain running routes:

*cough*

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
coldforge

« Reply #336 on: Apr 01, 2012, 10:31:36 PM »

Disappointed he
Didn't jump a fence
To underscore the glans.

l'era del terzo mondo.
clare

« Reply #337 on: Apr 02, 2012, 03:47:25 AM »

milly, both inside and outside. i want it for heart rate stuff, but also for pedometer-y stuff (distance, speed etc). Inside I do Zumba and treadmill/elliptical, but I like running outside too...

milly balgeary

« Reply #338 on: Apr 02, 2012, 07:35:52 AM »

I don't like my 305 because it only takes heart rate average when I'm moving and using GPS so avoid that model. I need the foot pod but I don't think that'll help with the HR...which saddens me.

milly balgeary

« Reply #339 on: Apr 02, 2012, 07:38:08 AM »

Man I fucking killed some popsicles last night. I mean, we're talking annihilation. It was 85 degrees in the house and I was just killing them one after another. I suppose it could be worse. I got up this morning and shambled around like a zombie before I finally managed to work out. I had the zombie popsicle blues. These adonia wild blueberry yogurt popsicles and trader joe's peach pops take you places, is all I'm sayin. take you on a journey whut

elpollodiablo

« Reply #340 on: Apr 02, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »

I just went and did one of these 30min strength training classes. It was pretty fun but I'm not sure that type of environment is for me--I don't know that the instructor did much except model exercises, for instance; I didn't feel especially motivated by the half-hearted shouting. Also things went so quickly there was no keeping track of the different exercises, so at the end I'm not left with any way of quantifying what I did, which has become kind of important to me in this whole endeavor. I might do better just getting a small set of freeweights or maybe kettle bells and a resistance band and doing 30min a day at home or something. Which is a little bit of a bummer, considering the coin I already dropped on the 30 day pass. Maybe try one of the spinning classes just to get my money's worth.

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #341 on: Apr 02, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »

All that being said my arms feel noodly as shit and I got a little endorphin high

think 'on the road.'
Bernard

« Reply #342 on: Apr 02, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »

All that being said my arms feel noodly as shit and I got a little endorphin high

haha that shit gets addictive fast, beware

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
cold before sunrise

« Reply #343 on: Apr 02, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »

My user name on myfitness pal is still sapphireve, go ahead and add me. How do I add a TKO class? Tried that today and it might be the only thing saving me from going over my calorie allowance for the day, again. This sure is putting a damper on enjoying mid-afternoon ginger beer in the sun! Hitting fashion week tonight, am less excited about all the free wine. Raar! This program is getting on my nerves but wanting to shed 10 lbs before bikini season might be better incentive to ease off on the hard fuel then any AA meeting.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Greg Nog

« Reply #344 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »

Which is a little bit of a bummer, considering the coin I already dropped on the 30 day pass. Maybe try one of the spinning classes just to get my money's worth.

Does the 30 day pass include additional training sessions, or do you just get the intro one?

Also other people shouting encouragement at me is like the quickest way to activate my oppositional identity problems and get me being all "I dont have to ANY pushups, youre not even my REAL DAD"
jebreject

« Reply #345 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:32:54 PM »

Man, when I joined the Y they walked me through everything. I mean, I'm just doing a circuit on the weight machines and I have no interest in the free weights at all, but they were super informative and helpful. What your gym did doesn't sound helpful at all.

jebreject

« Reply #346 on: Apr 03, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »

Had my last phyiscal therapy appointment this afternoon! My tendinitis is pretty much all healed up, though now some of the tissue around my fibula is inflamed. Should go away though. I have all these exercises and stretches I have to do, some just for now, but a lot of them I'll have to do for the rest of my life. I feel like that Louis CK bit about turning 40. If this is what 25 is like I don't wanna turn 40 ever.

(Sorry 40-somethings)

clare

« Reply #347 on: Apr 03, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »

Nah, stay fit, do your tendonitis stretches and 40'll be fine. Getting fit has made 42 much more pleasant than 40, or even 25 :-) At 25 I had a lot of back and neck pain that doesn't seem to be around anymore.

i reckon I'm going to register for a 5k fun run (in May).

Dick

« Reply #348 on: Apr 03, 2012, 07:51:03 PM »

Jeb you're only 25???

We believe in hydration.
Ignatius

« Reply #349 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:51:13 PM »

That's my reaction! I have often looked up to jeb as a man of virtue and experience!

And jeb is of course a man of virtue and experience and I s'pose this is just another one of those reminders that age doesn't have a lot to do with most things.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS
Jump to: