Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 31, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 64 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31
Print
Author Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS  (Read 31316 times)
Javan

« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »

What boggles the mind is that Kelloggs is saying that they can't reduce salt in foods even though it's killing peeps, because people LOVE salt!

In recent months, food companies, including Kellogg, have said they were redoubling efforts to reduce salt. But they say they can go only so far, so fast without compromising tastes consumers have come to relish or salt’s ability to preserve food. “We have to earn the consumer’s trust every day,” said George Dowdie, a senior vice president of Campbell Soup. “And if you disappoint the consumer, there is no guarantee they will come back.”

Sorry to repeat this from the last page, but man, I've not eaten a Pot Noodle since they took all the salt out of them. Some shit just gets gross when it's "healthified".

See also soft drinks made with aspartame or hfcs instead of sugar. Grooooossssssssss
jebreject

« Reply #601 on: May 19, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

Your tastes can and will adapt.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Javan

« Reply #602 on: May 19, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »

yup. adapted to no longer eating pot noodles.
Bernard

« Reply #603 on: May 19, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »

I'm sure your health is not suffering for lack of pot noodles.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
jebreject

« Reply #604 on: May 19, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »

//
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:27:02 AM by jebreject » Logged

Greg Nog

« Reply #605 on: May 19, 2012, 10:10:37 PM »

What?
Javan

« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2012, 06:09:10 AM »

indeed! for the record, i wasn't trying to make any argument, let alone that one.
clare

« Reply #607 on: May 20, 2012, 06:41:50 AM »

I'm sure your health is not suffering for lack of pot noodles.

qft. They are the worst shit you can eat, with no exceptions. There's nothing with any nutritional value in them.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Captain

« Reply #608 on: May 20, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »

Well, there was the nutritional value of salt. But those fat cats up on madison ave have seen to removing that now, too.

A-holes.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2012, 10:21:19 AM »

Bad cold, no workout today. Sad

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #610 on: May 21, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »

Man, I fuckin' gained five pounds. This was pre-nacho party, too. Need to not be depressed about it, because what good will that do, but rather remember that hey, sometimes there are set-backs, and what matters is how I'm feeling above all else, not the number on the scale. But it still bums me the ef out, and I totally blame cheese, which I will eat way too much of, and then my system gets all stopped up, etc.

jebreject

« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »

My workout felt GREAT today, though. Spent a little extra time on the bike to make up for my lazy weekend, and my leg's been feeling a lot better,  and I've been consistently meeting the top of my weight goals (12 reps over two sets), which I guess means it's time to add more weight. I'm kind of afraid of going too quickly on that, though, so if anyone has advice on how long you should wait to add more weight when doing strength exercises, I would love to hear it.

Greg Nog

« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »

Lots of people will say that as soon as you hit your max reps at a certain weight, you should move up.  But I usually give myself at least one more workout of that amount of weight at that amount of reps, just to make sure I can consistently reach it, and it wasn't just some particularly great day.  It's slower, but I've gotten injured by moving up too quickly before, so I tend to prize deliberation over increase of numbers.

Also, this is unsolicited thoughts, so feel free to gloss over, but I do not believe it is cheese that's the problem in any way; I would suggest it's likely a combination of salt and carbohydrates and alcohol, all of which cause you to retain water more easily in the days after consumption.  More than that, though, I would suggest disregarding your actual weight entirely, because the number says very little about how much of what kinds of tissue you have making up your body.
jebreject

« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:07 PM »

Thanks Greg - I appreciate both your advice re: moving up in weight and your unsolicited thoughts. That's a lot that I hadn't considered. I have been consuming way, way too much salt lately, so that could definitely be a factor.

El_Josharino

« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »

I'm not sure what sort of lifting program you do, but generally you want the amount of weight you're lifting to be enough that you can just barely complete your reps, so if you've been consistently finishing your 2x12s and feel like you have strength to do a few more reps, then it's probably a good idea to add a few lbs. Then if you can still do all your reps, maybe a few more lbs, until you're really pushing hard to get those last couple reps (while maintaining good technique of course).

Back in high school when I played football the coaches had a pretty organized system, where at one point we'd calculate our one rep max for a few given lifts. We'd just load up x amount of weight, where x was based on our first few workouts, and then do as many reps as possible. Then there was a chart that told us in theory, if we were only going to do 1 rep and use all of our strength, how much we could lift. Then we'd work out for a couple weeks doing a lot of reps (like 3x15 or 2x20 or somehing) at 60% of the max, then a couple weeks of 3x10 at 75% of the max, and then a couple weeks of 3x5 at 85-90% of the max, and then we'd retest our max and start over. This way will basically build strength and keep you gradually adding weight at a rate that matches your growth, and take out a lot of guesswork as far as when to add weight/how much to add.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Greg Nog

« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »

I've never tried to figure out what my one-rep max is for anything!  Maybe I should do that.  Someone asked me what my one-rep max for bench press was recently, and I shrugged and said DUNNO
El_Josharino

« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »

I think this is the exact chart that we had posted in our weight room to figure one-rep maxes:
http://thestrengthshop.blogspot.com/2010/07/projected-1-rep-max-chart.html

And it looks like this calculator thinger has the same formula behind it:
http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/orm.htm

I think my senior year of high school my one-rep max on bench press topped out at 285. 18 year old me would probably be embarrassed to be associated with 29 year old me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:34:20 PM by El_Josharino » Logged

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
dumbfish

« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »

Yeah, "Whaddaya bench?" is such a weight room cliche it was the subject of an SNL skit. Emilio Estevez was the lead meathead, as I recall.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #618 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »

Came back from my morning ride today and promptly vomited. Wasn't even that intense a workout; I think it was a combination of having slammed a large iced tea on an empty stomach and walking in the door to the scent of cleaning chemicals.

think 'on the road.'
clare

« Reply #619 on: May 24, 2012, 07:13:21 AM »

Hey Chet! It was you who had shoulder/upper back pain wasn't it? Doe this article help you?

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #620 on: May 26, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »

spending june doing yoga every single day, 6-10/6 days a week with a short practice on saturdays. i'm really hoping for enlightenment, so i can levitate for donations and creep on people with astral projection, but will be satisfied with a little inner peacefulness and being fit as fuck in time for summer.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
ellaguru

« Reply #621 on: May 26, 2012, 09:24:56 PM »

That sounds fun. I continue to have some trouble getting in to yoga hut as much as I want, but with the warmer weather I've started back into some of the sillier poses again, so that's been a little entertaining.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
milly balgeary

« Reply #622 on: May 26, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »

spending june doing yoga every single day, 6-10/6 days a week with a short practice on saturdays. i'm really hoping for enlightenment, so i can levitate for donations and creep on people with astral projection, but will be satisfied with a little inner peacefulness and being fit as fuck in time for summer.

You disappeared off my fitness pal, in a fit of of self-shaming. We even had a fitness pal funeral, with incense and meer cats Sad!

milly balgeary

« Reply #623 on: May 26, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »

Things to say about fitness May 26, 2012

*I ate a bunch of bosnian food Friday, did not work out at all. Ate 4 candy bars.
*I got up this morning and did Asylum Game Day which is a ridiculous workout and hurt a tendon in my knee. Then I went and ate 1400 calories worth of seafood and had a 22 ounce beer.
*Finished reading a novel outside in the sun, while drinking a Dr Pepper. Rode my bike 19 miles or so, for the first time since childhood. I figured out that people nod their helmeted heads at each other in greeting after a bit of trying to raise my digits off my bike fumblingly, so now I'm down with the schema of bike greeting on a bike trail. Yes! Hurrah.
*My knee really hurt after a while, due to the whole tendon thing. But really, it's my taint that hurts the worst.

So now I'm going to eat more candy bars.

*Also, I bought a keurig coffee maker and it's MONEY. Making a cup of coffee real quick on that to power up for a workout is MONEY! Recommendo. I got it fairly cheap too! That coffee is the balls of God!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:52:36 PM by milly balgeary » Logged

milly balgeary

« Reply #624 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:09 PM »

I mean, balls of Christ. Sorry God.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: I'm 2nd fattest: new HEALTH and FITNESS
Jump to: