Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 04, 2015, 03:25:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
659362 Posts in 9273 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 40 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: BEHAVE YOURSELVES: Breitbart Memorial LOLconservatives Thread  (Read 52288 times)
dumbfish

« Reply #275 on: Jun 13, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »

You've never seen fired up until you've seen a Gay Latino Woman in Labor.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #276 on: Jun 13, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »

That's liable to fire up the base

I think you're misidentifying who the base of the Democratic party is.

They don't care about job growth or crushing unemployment?

Not in a way that they'd be "fired up" over it. The base, to my mind, is African Americans, Latinos, Women, Gays, and Labor.

What I meant was "Pointing out that you're doing marginally better at job creation than a lackwit who presided over an economic bubble and 4% unemployment is probably not going to do much for the enthusiasm deficit among your core voting blocks"

Labor being one of them

think 'on the road.'
dumbfish

« Reply #277 on: Jun 13, 2012, 11:50:18 AM »

Agreed that this election is gonna be about the economy, but as I understand things, it's pretty unfair. The federal government doesn't have much control over the economy, and the President even less than that, right? He can argue against wrongheaded contractionary policies, but his ability to create private-sector jobs seems pretty limited. Frustrating that the guy's performance evaluation is gonna depend largely on stuff that's out of his control.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #278 on: Jun 13, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »

Does anyone here even live in a state that matters? Maybe 'cocks, but FLA's going to be less important than the Midwest/Rust Belt this time around. Not jeb, because while it's not impossible that Romney will win WI, if he does, he'll already have run away with OH, MI, CO, FLA, VA. I think even PA would go red before WI. Same with Thermo: Obama could win NC, but if he does it'll be a close along-for-ride state. In a true Bush/Gore or Bush/Kerry scenario: I guess if pollo votes absentee in OH, it might matter under the closest of circumstances?

the news is certainly convinced that WI is a red state now, post-recall  

16% of voters for Walker were Obama supporters who voted for Walker because they believed that recalls shouldn't be used for political pursuits but rather for criminal charges (I thought). Also, isn't Barret extremely unpopular?

Also Walker outspent Barrett by an astounding amount, and also this:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/governors-races-can-be-a-contrary-indicator-for-presidential-elections/

Yeah, WI is not going to vote for Romney. If it does, then so with MI and VA and OH and FL and at that point, it doesn't matter.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Greg Nog

« Reply #279 on: Jun 13, 2012, 12:11:16 PM »

his ability to create private-sector jobs seems pretty limited.

That's because Obama's not a JOB CREATOR, the race of magical otherworldly beings that must not be spooked lest they stop secreting more private-sector jobs from their pores.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #280 on: Jun 13, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »

Agreed that this election is gonna be about the economy, but as I understand things, it's pretty unfair. The federal government doesn't have much control over the economy, and the President even less than that, right? He can argue against wrongheaded contractionary policies, but his ability to create private-sector jobs seems pretty limited. Frustrating that the guy's performance evaluation is gonna depend largely on stuff that's out of his control.

Agreed that it's unfair and illogical. Let's base it on his propensity to expand the national security apparatuses in evil, lethal ways instead

think 'on the road.'
Thermofusion

« Reply #281 on: Jun 13, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »

Not in a way that they'd be "fired up" over it. The base, to my mind, is African Americans, Latinos, Women, Gays, and Labor.

That may be his base, but he won NC because he energized the young vote. He won't energize them this time. The 2012 primary showed he pissed off a big swarth of black voters, Latinos view him as the lesser of two evils - not a strong motivator at the polls, women & gay voters will vote for him but as for labor, uh, NC ranks 50th in the US in unionization (51st if you count DC), there is no union culture here so that point is moot. He ain't gonna win NC.

triple paisley minimum
nonotyet

« Reply #282 on: Jun 13, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »

Also Walker outspent Barrett by an astounding amount, and also this:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/governors-races-can-be-a-contrary-indicator-for-presidential-elections/

Yeah, WI is not going to vote for Romney. If it does, then so with MI and VA and OH and FL and at that point, it doesn't matter.

you mean the Koch brothers outspent Barrett by an astounding amount, right

Dave, I think that it is less so that Barrett is extremely unpopular and more that he is really sort of just milquetoast. He is just there.
And Blucas I agree with you mostly, except I am still hell of scared that you're wrong--I was just trying to say that local media is attempting to tell us otherwise. Also I need to turn off Fox on Wednesdays IMMEDIATELY after So You Think You Can Dance.

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012, 12:37:29 PM by nonotyet » Logged
dieblucasdie

« Reply #283 on: Jun 13, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »

Is it a little insane to anyone else that the right-wing media's latched on to the whole Fast and Furious thing (which was boneheaded, don't get me wrong) as the great injustice that ought to bring down Obama's presidency, but when the most prominent newspaper in the country ran a long-form piece detailing how he personally maintains an extrajudicial secret robot kill list, the reaction was outrage that the administration must've leaked it to make him look good, and demands for investigations into leaks?

Like, this is how you know that the GOP has gone off-the-rails and bought into its own bullshit. Any effective opposition party should be all over that, even if it requires hypocrisy! Even if they don't mind killing Muslims with little or no reason, it's still an illegal power grab! It's exactly the sort of thing they should be feigning outrage over!
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012, 10:23:02 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

dieblucasdie

« Reply #284 on: Jun 15, 2012, 09:07:45 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/14/opinion/the-college-graduate-as-collateral.html

Oh cool, I always thought indentured servitude never got its fair shake

elpollodiablo

« Reply #285 on: Jun 15, 2012, 09:19:01 AM »

It's not indentured servitude, it's a voluntary form of taxation! Except in this scenario you are paying taxes to hedge fund managers and venture capitalists.

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #286 on: Jun 15, 2012, 09:19:35 AM »

Fucking U Chicago

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #287 on: Jun 15, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »

It's not indentured servitude, it's a voluntary form of taxation! Except in this scenario you are paying taxes to hedge fund managers and venture capitalists.

Yeah, I like how he's all, "I have a free market solution!" then proposes using the IRS to collect venture capitalists' profits for them

dieblucasdie

« Reply #288 on: Jun 21, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9vQt6IXXaM

Pretty sure the Church is just trolling me, personally, at this point

elpollodiablo

« Reply #289 on: Jun 21, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »

Man you Catholics must have much longer attention spans than I do.

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #290 on: Jun 21, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

What's the can't-watch-youtube-at-work version of that?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #291 on: Jun 21, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »

3 minute epic movie trailer type video cutting between a blacksmith hammering out words like "LIFE" and "FREEDOM" and a lady going to a voting booth, with interstitial text talking about how Catholics need to vote on the issues that REALLY matter, not jobs and shit like that. Though I really think they should have gone for epic movie trailer voice guy instead of the text.

Oh and a comments section that's basically instagodwinned

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Thermofusion

« Reply #292 on: Jun 21, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »

1. video title sounds like next GRRM novel
2. polling place looks like grandma's living room
3. vote Republican or go to hell is a pretty effective message I guess

triple paisley minimum
jebreject

« Reply #293 on: Jun 21, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »

well, we'll all get pie in the sky when we die anyway, so might as well vote for 'em

Augo

« Reply #294 on: Jun 23, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »

THAT'S A LIE!!!

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
jebreject

« Reply #295 on: Jun 23, 2012, 03:30:29 PM »

Wink

cold before sunrise

« Reply #296 on: Jun 24, 2012, 04:19:54 AM »

going to church doesn't make a person christian any more then walking into a shop makes you a mechanic.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #297 on: Jun 25, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »

Animals never had a war, &c.

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #298 on: Jun 25, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »

dieblucasdie

« Reply #299 on: Jun 25, 2012, 11:28:14 PM »

That means, "eat shit, you false king," and is what that bunny says before beating the shit out of the other bunny

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: BEHAVE YOURSELVES: Breitbart Memorial LOLconservatives Thread
Jump to: