Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 17, 2014, 03:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658004 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 60 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Really? @ColonCancerNews is following me now? (new Twitter thrad)  (Read 26121 times)
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »

@sharkandfriends does not follow me Sad

I guess I haven't mentioned my twitter handle on here in a while though I thought it was pretty obvious I am @JimTheBeerGuy

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
nonotyet

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »

give me a minute, I am working, damn
 Heart
Thermofusion

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 12:09:36 PM »

Followed you back, Brad. Social media seers, is Twitter in it for the long haul? Has it already peaked? Am I gettin' on late? Facebook, man...I think I'm done with it. Facebook is what would happen if you went crazy and started believing all the ads in the yellow pages were competing for your approval. Your local bakery wants you to like him! But so does your local Pepsi distributor and the A/C repair guy!

triple paisley minimum
Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »

i like twitter a lot. fun place to make dumb jokes.

Greg Nog

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »

This last year, twitter's anarchic spirit of glee, absurdism, and occasional malice has reminded me a lot of what I loved about 4chan circa 2006/2007.  I don't know that it's got potential to be a lasting outlet for interesting stuff, but I really love it right now.
Greg Nog

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »

Follow-up: of course, that weirdness also depends on following the people who are most likely to cultivate said weirdness; if you're just interested in following your own pre-existing social-circles, you can certainly do that, too.  But I find it way more entertaining to see moewytchdog shouting for the Death Of All Men than to see my sister saying, "Baby shower this weekend!!!"
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2012, 12:29:26 PM »

I enjoy the intermingling of the weirdness with my existing social circles. My social circles probably don't. For that matter, neither do the weirdos most likely.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Thermofusion

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »

I'm cool with a mix of the absurd and the mundane. Like, right now, Lil B is tweeting about GDP and health care reform.

triple paisley minimum
Chet

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

there's a weird satisfaction in making a dumb joke and getting a bunch of RTs and favs. also patricia lockwood fav'd me the other night and i was way more pleased with it than i should be.

there are some genuinely hilarious and creative idiots on the margins of twitter.

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
fishjim

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »

Followed you back, Brad. Social media seers, is Twitter in it for the long haul? Has it already peaked? Am I gettin' on late? Facebook, man...I think I'm done with it. Facebook is what would happen if you went crazy and started believing all the ads in the yellow pages were competing for your approval. Your local bakery wants you to like him! But so does your local Pepsi distributor and the A/C repair guy!

May I recommend Adblock. Turns your FB adbars into whitespace as pristine and uncapitalistic as snow (to quote the friend who turned me on to it).

http://safariadblock.com/

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
Chet

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

facebook is dead as punk rock.

the only reason i keep mine is to get invites to stuff. i tried to get rid of it for a while, but then realised not having facebook was having a negative impact on my social life, which is sorta sad.

oh if any of you aren't following me on twitter and would like to i am @SandwichMeats

fishjim

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »

Ahem. I love Twitter, but we've got eyes for a reason. Select your FB friends carefully and it's still very much alive.

jebreject

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »

facebook is dead as punk rock.

the only reason i keep mine is to get invites to stuff. i tried to get rid of it for a while, but then realised not having facebook was having a negative impact on my social life, which is sorta sad.

oh if any of you aren't following me on twitter and would like to i am @SandwichMeats

Facebook is way, way better for sharing links and facillitating actual discussion about/around them. Google Plus is even better for that than Facebook, but alas, no one uses the goddamn thing.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Chet

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »

i guess so, and it i use it that way sometimes. but facebook for me is mostly a place to go if i want to see my irl friends post photos of themselves getting drunk and talking about getting drunk.

i only follow a few people i know irl on twitter and i wouldn't tweet half the stupid shit i do if my friends and family were on it.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »

Most of what I tweet goes straight through to my FB. And I tweet some stupid shit.

fishjim

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 01:22:33 PM »

i only follow a few people i know irl on twitter and i wouldn't tweet half the stupid shit i do if my friends and family were on it.

that's definitely a great thing about twitter. i think its anonymity is part of why so much quirky poetry is scrolling through it right now....

keep it up, masked tweeters. we're leaving POETRY in the dust.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:24:06 PM by fishjim » Logged

mixed cats

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »

Most of what I tweet goes straight through to my FB. And I tweet some stupid shit.
This. You can use desktop clients to send updates to FB too or use that selective tweets thing, but I am laaaazy

Also I am @squishythings, all I talk about is cats and eating and how much I hate summer

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
jm

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »

@slowrighthand for random nonsense and pictures of my chickens.

following u now bro

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Good Intentions

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »

Twitter is fan-fucking-tastic with keeping up to date with breaking events. It can mean the place is a hype machine (try following the discussion around big signings in the English Premier League, for instance), but it means that by the time the papers have posted about some event, the news has already bounced around Twitter for hours.
jm

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »

Yeah! and with built-in reddit-hate!

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Babar

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2012, 04:06:42 AM »

In other news, is anyone else tired of the cabal of twitter 'comedians' endlessly being retweeted/retweeting each other/#ffing one another.

Oh, how quickly you turn to the dark side, young blood.

there are some genuinely hilarious and creative idiots on the margins of twitter.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2012, 05:40:41 AM »

those two statements aren't even close to being mutually exclusive!

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Chet

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »

Uhh yeah in that instance I was talking about the bigger ones who seemed to have made a career out of twitter, like Rob Delaney and others who i was following when i first got into the thing. Not the random funny idiots.

Thermofusion

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »

Babar do you have a twitter account?

triple paisley minimum
Babar

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »

I'm afraid not, mo-mo. No twitter for the wicked.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Really? @ColonCancerNews is following me now? (new Twitter thrad)
Jump to: