Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 21, 2014, 02:22:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658107 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: things that are suddenly tissues: new medical thread  (Read 13777 times)
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #25 on: Jun 22, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »

Ive also got penisitis wanna see?

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
clare

« Reply #26 on: Jun 22, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »

Sure Freddy, please post pictures of your dick on the internet asap.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #27 on: Jun 22, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »

there was a couple minutes where I was gonna post a pic of some random person's dick with some rhacky disease but thought better of it

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #28 on: Jul 14, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »

i would we could go back to those few precious minutes, freddy.

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #29 on: Jul 29, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »

so, whoa, after having a generally excellent time last night with pollo, jm and etc. watching step up revolution (movie is seriously incredible), i went to bed around 2 am after hydrating a bit, and i didn't wake up until 6 pm today.

i sort of had a ridiculous, feverish dream about maintaining an archive of bob welch-era fleetwood mac live recordings on youtube which then transformed into a whaling ship that i couldn't quite hold onto. before that there were some lucid moments where i thought i wouldn't be able to wake up. when i finally woke up, i had a headache and a fever and could barely move.

this has never happened? is this dehydration? i'm also choosing to believe it's food poisoning, b/c i don't really feel sick but there's all this sweating and sick-like stuff transpiring

peacocks

« Reply #30 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »

dude I think you're sick. drink water and stuff.

dick-check your priviledge
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #31 on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »

Is it possible to crack a rib sneezing? I think maybe I did that

Also should I stay home from work for like 6 weeks or what. I'm not sure I can swing that. In fact I was going to fake call in sick today to do other stuff but my ribs hurt so bad I came to work instead

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Nick Ink

« Reply #32 on: Aug 07, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »

so, whoa, after having a generally excellent time last night with pollo, jm and etc. watching step up revolution (movie is seriously incredible), i went to bed around 2 am after hydrating a bit, and i didn't wake up until 6 pm today.

i......

this has never happened? is this dehydration? i'm also choosing to believe it's food poisoning, b/c i don't really feel sick but there's all this sweating and sick-like stuff transpiring

Brad, are you ok? This is about the last time you posted here and I'm a tad concerned.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #33 on: Aug 07, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »

He's apparently staying with a friend in Northern California this week

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Nick Ink

« Reply #34 on: Aug 07, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »

Ah, ok, good. Ta Jim.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
jm

« Reply #35 on: Aug 07, 2012, 05:12:45 PM »

OK so I woke up today with pain in the back of my right hand. It's not swollen, it's not red, it's not bruised, there's no burning sensation, it's just sore to the touch, (and occasionally if I move my hand in certain directions which I haven't been able to quite pin down), as if it were bruised.

All I can figure is some kind of tendon strain? Anybody have any idea what this could be?

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
clare

« Reply #36 on: Aug 07, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »

Cue smart-arse replies in 3..2...1...

Sorry jm, I've got nothing useful to offer.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Good Intentions

« Reply #37 on: Aug 07, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »

Does sound like tendon strain, possibly from your middle or ring-finger. I had symptoms like that when I overdid a reach between my thumb and ring-finger.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #38 on: Aug 07, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »

I've definitely heard of people breaking ribs sneezing.

I was going to fake call in sick today to do other stuff but my ribs hurt so bad I came to work instead.

LOL to this. I remember telling my doctor how I would never take this medicine that made me feel better during weekdays because I wanted to save them for the weekend. Work was more or less going to suck anyways, so why not wait for the weekend so I can get stuff done that I want to do? was my basic reasoning. But then during student teaching last spring, I had to do the opposite because there were days I simply was not going to get through without taking a bunch of Provigil.

Right now, though, I'm in panic mode because school starts next week and I've felt so terrible and sleepy all the time that I haven't been able to get jack shit done. I'm almost out of the Provigil I'd built up, and I'm not going to be able to afford any more unless the insurance coverage I'll get before long covers it, which is highly unlikely.

So out of desperation I'm gonna give adderall a shot. Does anyone here have experience with adderall? I'm gonna take my first one tomorrow morning and see how that goes. If it doesn't go well I may be permanently fucked.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
jm

« Reply #39 on: Aug 07, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »

Does sound like tendon strain, possibly from your middle or ring-finger. I had symptoms like that when I overdid a reach between my thumb and ring-finger.

Honestly, given my recent activities (very little), I think it's probably either tendon-strain or something carpal tunnelish, most likely based on how I'm computering.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #40 on: Aug 07, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »

LOL to this. I remember telling my doctor how I would never take this medicine that made me feel better during weekdays because I wanted to save them for the weekend. Work was more or less going to suck anyways, so why not wait for the weekend so I can get stuff done that I want to do? was my basic reasoning.

My reasoning was actually different, basically I'm behind on my brewing schedule 'cause of all this extra work I've been doing and will be doing related to our office move, and I actually felt better about going and sitting in an air-conditioned office in front of a computer all day than I did about standing out in my driveway lugging big 10-gallon pots around all day.

ellaguru

« Reply #41 on: Aug 07, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »

My sister once cracked her boyfriend's rib by hugging him too hard.

I think that's a funny story because it wasn't me.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Greg Nog

« Reply #42 on: Aug 08, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »

RL, do you take caffeine at all?  If I'm feeling sleepy, 200 mg of caffeine with plenty of water helps.  You can also boost it by simultaneously taking a Bronk-Aid, which is OTC and contains ephedra.  I have a bunch of Adrafinil (which breaks down into Modafinil in the body), but haven't taken any in at least a year, as I find the caffeine/ephedra combo is a less jittery stimulant.  I can't recall offhand how much modafinil costs, but Bronk-Aid is like $16 for 60, and caffeine is like $7 for 60, so it would only be about 40 cents a dose.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #43 on: Aug 08, 2012, 07:12:35 PM »

RL, do you take caffeine at all?  If I'm feeling sleepy, 200 mg of caffeine with plenty of water helps.  You can also boost it by simultaneously taking a Bronk-Aid, which is OTC and contains ephedra.  I have a bunch of Adrafinil (which breaks down into Modafinil in the body), but haven't taken any in at least a year, as I find the caffeine/ephedra combo is a less jittery stimulant.  I can't recall offhand how much modafinil costs, but Bronk-Aid is like $16 for 60, and caffeine is like $7 for 60, so it would only be about 40 cents a dose.

Yeah, I always carry caffeine pills around with me. Sometimes they help a little, but usually I just remain sluggish and have an uncomfortable feeling in my chest/heart. I'm definitely gonna check out that adrafinil stuff though. Modafinil is what Provigil is, and it's like $30 a pill--even the generic. I sometimes have had to take as many as three in a day, so it's not really sustainable unless my ne insurance covers it. Sounds like adrafinil basically has the same effects on the body and you don't have to have a prescription. Do you know of any reliable brands? I know it's a kind of wilderness with unregulated supplements. Optimal Health Products is the #1 Google result and also appears to be the cheapest.

Also, today was the first time I used the adderall, and it didn't do shit for me. I set my alarm and took it about an hour before I got up, and it seemed to make it easier to get out of bed. Couple hours later I was dead tired and so took another one. Went to school for a bit but got so sleepy I had to come home and take a nap. The one thing both the pharmacist and my doctor said was to be sure not to take at after about 1:00 PM because you won't be able to get to sleep. So much for that.

milesofsparks

« Reply #44 on: Aug 08, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »

So my back problem is a slipped disc (I know that's not the correct term, but it sounds less scary than 'herniated.')  Physical therapy & pilates will happen when I return, and hopefully will sort things out, though I imagine it's going to take a couple of months to really be better.  I wish there were a magic cure, but mostly I'm just immensely relieved it's not bad enough to warrant surgery. 

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
jess

« Reply #45 on: Aug 08, 2012, 11:18:33 PM »

RL, I'm sure we've discussed this, but I can't remember—have you tried Wellbutrin?
RavingLunatic

« Reply #46 on: Aug 09, 2012, 12:50:42 AM »

Yeah, I've been on that before. Last spring I started taking small doses of it in the morning, just quarter- or half-pills, and I felt really good for one week, but then it stopped working. And it makes me feel terrible at night. It's like my skin feels vaguely itchy and I unconsciously grit my teeth an it's pretty terrible. I was getting that even with half-pills, and the original prescription I had (a couple years ago) was for two pills a day. I may take a quarter-pill tomorrow and see how it goes.

So my back problem is a slipped disc (I know that's not the correct term, but it sounds less scary than 'herniated.')  Physical therapy & pilates will happen when I return, and hopefully will sort things out, though I imagine it's going to take a couple of months to really be better.  I wish there were a magic cure, but mostly I'm just immensely relieved it's not bad enough to warrant surgery. 

I read a book by the world's leading expert on pain this year, and he talked a little bit about slipped discs. He said that people with back pain have no more slipped discs than people without back pain. Also that surgery to repair slipped discs is basically fraud. It doesn't work, probably because the slipped disc wasn't causing the pain to begin with. You know what, I think I actually wrote down that passage and saved it on a word file. Yeah, here it is.

Quote from: Patrick Wall
It is commonly believed that the cause of lower back pain is a slipped disc, which is believed to extrude from between the vertebrae and to press on the root carrying the sensory fibers. A slipped disc can be seen in x-rays and is present in 1 to 3 percent of the population. Slipped discs are seen with the same frequency in people in pain as in those who are not. If people in pain with a slipped disc are treated without surgery, the extrusion of the disc may or may not disappear, but this bears no relation to whether or not they are still in pain. The confusion by surgeons over the role of the disc is shown by the large variation between countries of the rate of operations to remove the extruded disc. Ten years ago, the rate per 100,000 was 100 in Great Britain, 200 in Sweden, 350 in Finland, and 900 in the United States. These rates are now dropping and mark the end of a disgraceful period in which a myth was peddled to the profit of a few and the disadvantage of many, some of whom were clearly worse off as a result of surgery.

Later he goes over the causes of back pain and notes that no one really has any idea what causes back pain in the vast majority of patients, not even what sorts of activity cause it. It's not clear that there is any treatment that works very well in relieving back pain on a long-term basis.

Quote from: Patrick Wall
This leaves 85 percent with no apparent cause....in the vast majority of lower back pain victims there is no evidence for injury....the rate of back pain complaints sit the same among clerical workers as among factory workers who lift heavy weights. There is therefore no evidence that heavy or unusual exercise leads to lower back pain....
   Depending on the society, they may also receive a variety of types of physiotherapy, acupuncture, yoga, manipulation, osteopathy, and chiropractic. These latter therapies have been studied intensively and, although they may produce impressive temporary effects, they have not yet been shown to have a long-lasting effect on recovery.

Greg Nog

« Reply #47 on: Aug 09, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »

Sounds like adrafinil basically has the same effects on the body and you don't have to have a prescription. Do you know of any reliable brands?

That one you linked -- Olmifon -- is the one I've taken, and it's not bad, but it feels less smooth than Modafinil, more prone to dilated blood vessels and itchy sweating than straight modafinil is.  It's beyond me why something with more side effects should be easier to get, but that's US drug law, I suppose.  Anyway, you might see if the ephedra feels better for you before you try the weird side-streets of Modafinil precursors.

How are you sleeping?  Have you tried to attack this from the other end, putting yourself into a deeper slumber at night to ameliorate the tiredness during the day?
RavingLunatic

« Reply #48 on: Aug 09, 2012, 01:13:04 AM »

I've been sleeping well, really. I need to start waking up and going to bed earlier, but I sleep well at night. It's hell for me getting up in the morning and I feel terrible--listless and sluggish mentally and physically--when I do manage to get around. This stuff goes in cycles for me--so I'm hoping I'll feel a lot better soon. Problem is that given that I start teaching next week, I absolutely cannot afford to feel like this right now.

I ordered some of that adrafinil earlier today, and I'll stop at a drug store tomorrow morning to get some of that Bronkaid and see how it works. You just take it with caffeine in the morning or whenever?

Greg Nog

« Reply #49 on: Aug 09, 2012, 01:19:09 AM »

Generally, I take 200 mg of caffeine in the morning (or have a cup of coffee), then take 200 mg of caffeine with one Bronk-Aid in the early afternoon on days that I take it, which are days in which I feel otherwise listless.  Of course, the later in the day you take it, the more it's likely to eff with your sleep that night, so generally I'd aim for at least ten hours prior to your forecasted bedtime.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: things that are suddenly tissues: new medical thread
Jump to: