Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2015, 05:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658939 Posts in 9272 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 35 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: things that are suddenly tissues: new medical thread  (Read 17501 times)
nonotyet

« on: Mar 28, 2012, 09:06:33 AM »

from here

I just got over a cold sore--I get super-wicked cold sores that take over the entire lower half of my face--and I have ANOTHER ONE THIS MORNING. I am TIRED OF THIS, and I feel like I have been fighting something for most of this week so maybe my immune system is just down, or maybe I have cancer and am going to die in three weeks and should go skydiving. I may or may not have started this topic to COMPLAIN ON THE INTERNET.

That is all.
Anne the Man

« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »

I seem to have headlice. First time I got them I freaked out and was ashamed because I thought people stopped getting headlice once they became adults. I got some natural shampoo thing and I thought they'd gone, but nope. I think I got them from trying on awesome animal hats at a fair. Ughhhh there are bugs in my hairrrr Sad

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
dieblucasdie

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »

See ye in hell, ye wingless bloodsuckerrrrrrs

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
clare

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2012, 07:12:33 AM »

OK Anne. What you need is some cheapo hair conditioner, a nit-comb, and a friend. Put the conditioner on your dry hair and get the friend to comb it through (with the nit comb). Wipe the comb on a tissue with each pass through the hair. The conditioner paralyses the lice for about 20 mins - enough to get them with the comb. When you've done your whole head, rinse it out. You need to do this weekly (I think, or possibly slightly more frequently) for about 2 weeks, or until you don't get any more lice or nits on the comb...I can send you a link if you want.

/free mummy-advice

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Ignatius

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »

As a kid, I remember that the lice were easy enough to kill, but the nit-picking required vigilance and patience.

Alternatively, you can shave your head and make it really easy.
jess

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »

I had lice in second grade. It sucked. The chemical shampoo works at killing all of the adult bugs, but then you've got to get all the nits, which is a ridiculously tedious process. I think if you use the chemical shampoo though, you don't need the conditioner prior to the picking though, since the nits won't move.

Also I think you need to either put in the drier on HOT everything you've got pretty much (clothes, bedding, etc.) or bag it in plastic and leave it there for a long time. Don't remember how long, but the internet will tell you. I'm going partly on memory (I remember lots of stuff in bags) and partly on the guess that it's similar to what's required to kill bedbugs.
Anne the Man

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »

My back hurts and my eyes are slightly sensitive, and I can't tell if it's because I slept funny and not enough, or if I have meningitis. Mother made me paranoid about that, probably partly because she got viral meningitis twice. Gah. I'll keep an eye on myself and try not to die today.

peacocks

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »

Was it meningitis? I got paranoid that i had accidentally ingested some poison ivy oils after slightly touching the plant yesterday because I woke up with a sore and swollen throat this morning. The Internet said you could die from even a little bit!! Even though I have touched poison ivy a fair amount I never get a reaction. I called poison control anyway and I think the lady had to keep herself from laughing.

So I guess I'm just getting sick, bummer.

dick-check your priviledge
Anne the Man

« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »

Gosh, I seem to own this thread. I hurt my back moving boxes a couple weeks ago and it still hurts, so I guess I should get it seen to. Osteopathy costs a bunch though, $80 an appointment I think Sad Plus I still have this cough and random muscle pain just above my stomach, so things hurt much more when I cough now. Also apparently I am low on iron, which might explain bits of my shitty moods lately. I like finding out things like that though--yay, I can be fixed! And I don't have coeliac's disease or irregular hormone levels, woo!

In conclusion, I like my body's appearance but I hate how it refuses to function.

Bernard

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »

It's not just you. I had a minor fall but landed badly and am in severe back pain if I move the wrong way (but fine the rest of the time, and I felt around and nothing hurts sharply or is out of place). I called two friends who are doctors and they both said it sounded like a bad sprain, and to just take ibuprofen and take it easy for a while.

I sympathize with your back pain! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
slow west vultures

« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »

i have low iron too, but that's because i was severely anemic last year and don't wantto get into that.
i had to get several iron transfusions.  i still do because my ferritin is low.  keep up on that, low iron can rarely
drain you, mess with concentration and memory.   and you probably want to get the cause of it figured out too.
i could go on but i won't.

also sorry about your plight with the achiness and head lice but it does remind me of the simpsons episode where bart and milhouse are playing with a basket with a monkey in in it that milhouse got from some foreign country and bart got sick and had head lice.  i

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
slow west vultures

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19, 2012, 05:59:29 PM »

try taking some zinc lozenges.  i've read they can reduce the amount of time that strep throats last.
you want ones with 10-20mg of zinc, and take three a day.  all the information i remember is in the book 'fatigued to fantastic' by jacob teitelbaum, so i'm not just making this up.  zinc is a pretty powerful component supporting and enhancing the immune system.  try looking at the vitamin shoppe or a health foods store like whole foods if one is around you. 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
clare

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »

yeah, Joe's on to it. zinc echinacea and vitamin C is an awesome immune system combo. Weirdly, this illness you call 'strep throat' is unknown here. No-one ever takes swabs from throats. I hope it gets better for you.

jess

« Reply #13 on: Jun 19, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »

Do more people get their tonsils out there? I had mine out, and I've been told that is probably the reason I've never gotten it, despite having definitely been exposed before.

Actually, after curiosity got the better of me and I googled it, it seems you all do indeed have it (throat infection caused by streptococcus bacteria), but just don't use that term. It's also on wikipedia's list of American terms not commonly used in the UK.
clare

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2012, 10:16:40 PM »

Ah ha! Yes, I didn't exactly mean that we don't have the strep bacteria, but more that we don't call it that when your throat gets sore, or that people don't even seem to get debilitating throat infections in the way that I hear of it happening to USers...I'm guessing that we just call it 'tonsillitis' and it's really common, but mostly in kids. There used to be a shitload of tonsillectomies here, but the incidence has declined in the last 20 or so years. It's weird how terms can be so different!

dieblucasdie

« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »

Yeah, with something lasting that long, you should make an appointment with an ENT, but also don't freak yourself out by trying to diagnose yourself online. It could be a million things.

Didn't you say just one tonsil was messed up? This might be a dumb question, but could it be, like, a physical scratch/cut/gouge? That happened to me once (not even sure how I did it) and it was messed-up looking and painful for almost a month.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
dumbfish

« Reply #16 on: Jun 22, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »

That photo is the best thing to ever hit the board.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Ashley

« Reply #17 on: Jun 22, 2012, 01:22:25 AM »

wow

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
clare

« Reply #18 on: Jun 22, 2012, 07:15:08 AM »

That's an amazing pic fknuck! dunno what's up with yr tonsil though. I once had a blocked salivary gland that was fortunately fixed by eating lots of warhead sour candies. That would not work for your tonsil though...

clare

« Reply #19 on: Jun 22, 2012, 07:40:07 AM »

Razz

clare

« Reply #20 on: Jun 22, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »

Sure Freddy, please post pictures of your dick on the internet asap.

Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »

i would we could go back to those few precious minutes, freddy.

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #22 on: Jul 29, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »

so, whoa, after having a generally excellent time last night with pollo, jm and etc. watching step up revolution (movie is seriously incredible), i went to bed around 2 am after hydrating a bit, and i didn't wake up until 6 pm today.

i sort of had a ridiculous, feverish dream about maintaining an archive of bob welch-era fleetwood mac live recordings on youtube which then transformed into a whaling ship that i couldn't quite hold onto. before that there were some lucid moments where i thought i wouldn't be able to wake up. when i finally woke up, i had a headache and a fever and could barely move.

this has never happened? is this dehydration? i'm also choosing to believe it's food poisoning, b/c i don't really feel sick but there's all this sweating and sick-like stuff transpiring

peacocks

« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »

dude I think you're sick. drink water and stuff.

dick-check your priviledge
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #24 on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »

Is it possible to crack a rib sneezing? I think maybe I did that

Also should I stay home from work for like 6 weeks or what. I'm not sure I can swing that. In fact I was going to fake call in sick today to do other stuff but my ribs hurt so bad I came to work instead

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: things that are suddenly tissues: new medical thread
Jump to: