Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 05:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658132 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Author Topic: shark request thread  (Read 9973 times)
Thermofusion

« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2012, 01:04:21 AM »

Dude yeah, I love the game and the music is great! I always wondered what kind of music you write, Thermo, and I'd be interested in hearing other stuff of yours (which I imagine is very different).

Thanks, man. With games and animation and such I just seize on whatever I'm told and run with it. For example Evan's instructions were "8bit, happy, Mega Man" and the death mini-game instructions were "Tiger Electronics + Mario theme" so I worked from that. I dunno, I like writing to other people's specifications, it's like being a musical ghostwriter. I'm making a new website for that stuff and there's an embedded soundcloud player with various music samples here: http://www.standardmelody.com, gonna keep it updated pretty regularly now that I'm serious about trying to make a career out of it. LPTJ connection: all the tracks currently on there were mastered by mixed cats' hubby, but unfortunately soundcloud downgrades everything to 128 kbps and streams via fax machine or some shit, so the quality took a serious hit.

My own, for-me, music is mostly 12-tone chamber music that I hope to have performed some day but probably won't because serialism went out of fashion a couple decades before I was born. I just like writing it, it's relaxing and systematic, like a sudoku puzzle. And I've been writing an opera for some time that I'm sure will never be performed.

On topic: love the hand shark!

triple paisley minimum
jm

« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »

On Topic: Sharks are awesome, handshark is awesome!

Off Topic: Followed you on soundcloud, t-bone. I like your stuff a lot! Glad to see that there are people besides me who are not above presenting their work in MIDIish format.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
jebreject

« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »

On Topic: Sharks are awesome, handshark is awesome!

Off Topic: Followed you on soundcloud, t-bone. I like your stuff a lot! Glad to see that there are people besides me who are not above presenting their work in MIDIish format.

Yeah, your stuff is great!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jebreject

« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »

And jm, yours too!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jm

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »

Thanks dude! A lot of it is stuff that would have gone further if I had multiple real people and instruments (i.e., not computers) to work with and who would be willing to fill in gaps that I left.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
fishjim

« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »

Laser Shark Hoodie arrived today!

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
Antero

« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »

Can we get an mp3 of the FLYING SHARK DELUXE! music?  Very Happy

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
Thermofusion

« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »

Thanks everybody!  Cool

Here's the Flying Shark music at a crisp 192 kbps:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qjw0ya

triple paisley minimum
nonotyet

« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2012, 09:11:47 AM »

!!!!!

Does it fit? Do you like it? Was it a good investment? PIX PLS

The orders dropped off considerably, by which I mean completely, after this one day where we sold three things, and I am out of ideas to publicize this shit more that don't look totally desperate (someone suggested tweeting at the Shedd Aquarium and I reject this idea because of aforementioned desperate).  I dunno. Evan still has over 2600 followers but at any given time no more than 300 seem to be paying attention, and I am beginning to realize that the internet is fickle and weird. He's still having fun doing it and I realize that you can't ever force INTERNET FAME AND DOLLARS on anyone, so as long as he is enjoying it we are just going to toil in obscurity (he will draw and I will tweet second-grade level shark jokes).     
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »

Sorry I chose to let the horde eat for a week or so until I got another paycheck :/ Viking Shark gear ordered

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:51 AM »

I hope XL fits me OK but if it's snug I'll just have to work harder at not being fat I guess

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »

Yes, I also want a number of Shark items.  Ambient Drone Shark Shirt will be first. 

I will also try and pimp this harder to my friends with skrilla.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2012, 11:19:13 AM »

One thing I noticed about Ambient Drone Shark is that the thumbnail on the site doesn't show the full glory, I think plenty of people would want ambient drone shark gear if they were exposed to the full glory

jess

« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »

Yeah have it on a light colored background for thumbnail, definitely.

edit: Nevermind, see you already did that. Much better!
alex

« Reply #264 on: Jun 01, 2012, 03:17:05 AM »

I am wearing a yellow yarn shark at the moment.
edison

« Reply #265 on: Jun 01, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »

Is that what you'll be wearing for your dissertation defense?
alex

« Reply #266 on: Jun 01, 2012, 03:26:55 AM »

Yeah, I thought I'd wear the yellow one, you'd wear the blue one, and J. the green one.
edison

« Reply #267 on: Jun 01, 2012, 03:28:35 AM »

Very well!
nonotyet

« Reply #268 on: Jun 01, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »

I am wearing a yellow yarn shark at the moment.

THAT WAS YOU?
 Heart Heart Heart Heart
alex

« Reply #269 on: Jun 01, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »

That was indeed me!

edison, I just had the following e-mail exchange with J:

J: By the way, edison and I have decided to wear a combination of white shirts and blue ties. Our ties match the colour of the book, which we will carrying into the hall with utmost respect.
A: Really? That's weird, because edison and I just agreed that we'd all be wearing shark t-shirts, but in different colours.
J: No, that's right: we're wearing the sharks under our shirts, which we'll ripping off the moment that the "hora est!" is exclaimed.

(the "hora est" is the official end of a PhD defense: a person wearing a funny robe enters the hall, exlaims "hora est" while bumping a scepter on the floor, and then the chairperson declares that the chance to defend one's thesis has passed and that the committee will withdraw to deliberate on awarding the PhD. It's all a little theatrical, so ripping off the shirts would be rather appropriate. And then I guess the shark denied tenure should lurk underneath.)
fishjim

« Reply #270 on: Jun 01, 2012, 01:17:43 PM »

!!!!!

Does it fit? Do you like it? Was it a good investment? PIX PLS

I'll be wearing it to the Fillmore tonight! Got a free ticket to see some Seattle band called The Head and the Heart. I'm anticipating a lot of twee hippie shit, so will be hanging at the bar. I'll get my friend or a bartender to snap a photo.

Just wandering the countryside clearing caves.
edison

« Reply #271 on: Jun 01, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »

That was indeed me!

edison, I just had the following e-mail exchange with J:

J: By the way, edison and I have decided to wear a combination of white shirts and blue ties. Our ties match the colour of the book, which we will carrying into the hall with utmost respect.
A: Really? That's weird, because edison and I just agreed that we'd all be wearing shark t-shirts, but in different colours.
J: No, that's right: we're wearing the sharks under our shirts, which we'll ripping off the moment that the "hora est!" is exclaimed.

(the "hora est" is the official end of a PhD defense: a person wearing a funny robe enters the hall, exlaims "hora est" while bumping a scepter on the floor, and then the chairperson declares that the chance to defend one's thesis has passed and that the committee will withdraw to deliberate on awarding the PhD. It's all a little theatrical, so ripping off the shirts would be rather appropriate. And then I guess the shark denied tenure should lurk underneath.)

Haha, awesome, thanks for keeping me in the loop!
jess

« Reply #272 on: Jun 02, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »

Someone beat you guys to making the awesomest shark cat bed ever: http://www.moderncat.net/2012/06/02/japanese-nanotechnology-pet-bed-might-change-the-world/

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #273 on: Jun 07, 2012, 07:45:51 PM »

Please ignore my fat non-beardiness.

Thermofusion

« Reply #274 on: Jun 07, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »

That is awesome, man. Love the hoodie especially.

I should order some threads, you guys still taking orders?

triple paisley minimum
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: shark request thread
Jump to: