Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 01, 2014, 06:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Alison Brie: the new food thread  (Read 41915 times)
G.C.R

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 02:06:31 AM »

The minute I saw the suggestion that we describe basic recipies we like making often I was counting down to this exchange.
add whole-grain pasta
when pasta is to taste, drain

Did you just tell me how to make spaghetti?

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Greg Nog

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

Made some jawsome blue cheese dressing using this recipe, but with Greek yogurt in place of sour cream!

About to dip some buffalo wings into it!
clare

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2012, 06:46:31 AM »

I was the happy recipent of some Justin's organic dark peanut butter cups. i am going to eat them. all.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Anne the Man

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 08:26:57 AM »

Omg guys, so today I went to The Food Show and got to spend all day eating and drinking things. It was great! I very rarely spend that much time talking about food and wine with friends. So much good cheese and chutneys and juice and cocktail mixers and desserty things oils. But my god, the vinegars they had were actually kinda mind-blowing--who knew you could get balsamic flavour in vanilla/cinnamon flavour! I have POMEGRANATE vinegar and am currently eating it in salad with Greek sheep & goat feta which is also AMAZING. The fig vinegar was amazing also, sweet in a dessert way.

To the alcohol thread! Where I will express enthusiasm! I felt so ridiculous and like a foodie person today. It helped that I was doing it with awesome people.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
G.C.R

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »

Don't say the word 'foodie'. It makes Jesus cry, and also me. Next you'll be saying 'nom'.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Anne the Man

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2012, 10:49:11 PM »

But I'm using it like tossers who describe themselves as such do, not seriously. I got to be bourgeois for a day and pretend to be a wanker of the food and wine society.

Don't worry, I hate the word nom. 'Noms' is perhaps even worse.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
Greg Nog

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2012, 11:23:55 PM »

I made these bacon/caramelized-onion/cheddar deviled eggs last night, and finished off the batch this evening.  They are fucking delicious.  Added some cayenne and paprika to the recipe, and my gods they are wonderful.
Bernard

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2012, 12:27:43 AM »

Don't say the word 'foodie'. It makes Jesus cry, and also me. Next you'll be saying 'nom'.

what about 'vom' can I say that?

"these durian popsicles are the vom"

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
Nick Ink

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »

Just ate a load of these - 'yubu chubap' - seasoned sticky rice in fried and marinated tofu casings.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Thermofusion

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »

That looks so good, holy moly!

triple paisley minimum
Greg Nog

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »

Whoa, where do I get tofu casings like those?  Do they have a specific name?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

Yeah those things look pretty close to what I'd consider an ideal food!

think 'on the road.'
nonotyet

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »

They make avocado inari using those casings at a place two doors down from where I work, and holy shit if I am ever on death row everybody needs to bring me all of the avocado inari.   
elpollodiablo

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »

Are they packaged like frozen biscuits or croissants or something?

think 'on the road.'
Nick Ink

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »

Mrs Ink gets them from the one and only (tiny) Korean supermarket within a 50-mile radius of where we live, a place called "Otoggi" in Hove. They're imported from Korea, and come frozen in a packet, I'm told. She has never seen them in a conventional supermarket or shop here. But I expect that would be different in places like New York etc where there are big K-populations.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
RoyBiggins

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »

First inari i ever had was shortly after LPTJer Stephanie found out I had never had one, and insisted that I go to the nearest real Japanese restaurant and ask for one, even if they weren't on the menu.  They weren't, but boy did the guys make me a ton of them. And they were good.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »

I am cross-posting this from my FB because I like it that much:

DRY Soda is one of my new favorite things. 1/4 the sugar of a normal soda, it comes in a variety of peculiar flavors, like lavender, cucumber, juniper berry, and blood orange. Due to the reduced sugar, it's only 60 cal a bottle; honestly, I'd drink it even if it weren't low-cal simply because I prefer the reduced sweetness. Guessing it would make for a really awesome mixer in the hands of a more practiced mixologist than I.
http://drysoda.com/

It makes me wish I could get more reduced-sugar sodas--I'd much rather have a Coke, for instance, that was noticeably less sweet than one sweetened with some vile synthetic sweetener that coats your tongue for hours afterward. There are few flavors I like less than that of artificial sweeteners.

think 'on the road.'
monkeypants

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2012, 03:38:02 PM »

Hmm, maybe I'll have to check that stuff out.  I'm hopelessly addicted to soda and I could certainly stand to cut down on my sugar/aspertame intake.  And hey - it's available at Wegman's!

Also, holy crap Nick - that yubu chuba looks delicious!

shitcakes drizzled with mediocrity syrup
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

I think I would like to drink a cucumber soda that sounds pretty good. I might not even add booze to it. Well not every time.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Ignatius

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »

GuS Soda is a little sweeter than that, but it's the same idea. It seems pretty obvious that there's a market for people who are repulsed by artificial sweeteners and overmuch sugar.

Really, though, I just like seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice or whatever else I have at hand.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »

Do I hate myself because I drink mountain dew?

Or do I drink mountain dew because I hate myself?

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
justinh

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2012, 07:11:14 PM »

I just can't get into sweet drinks these days--only bitter beverages or water seem to do it. 

But I have been into "roasted young coconut juice" from the asian market.  When I was in Thailand last month I drank 1 or 2 coconuts a day (not roasted).  I love the strange, slightly viscous, slightly sweet taste.   
jebreject

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »

They make avocado inari using those casings at a place two doors down from where I work, and holy shit if I am ever on death row everybody needs to bring me all of the avocado inari.   

Where/what is this?

Outpost?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
nonotyet

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2012, 08:53:19 AM »

yes indeed, Outpost.
It is basically this but with whole slices of avocado on top instead of avocado salad so it does not quite look so much like barf as it does in that picture. I guess a few places do it, and it's probably available in sushi restaurants too, but Outpost's is my favorite. I usually only have time to go in before work and they almost never have it out at 7:30 in the morning, so every time I find it in the deli section it is like avocado Christmas. Also for the record me talking about spicy avocado inari in the foods on a desert island thread is the fourth Google result for "avocado inari Outpost."  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:54:54 AM by nonotyet » Logged
jebreject

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »

I really like Outpost's sushi/maki in general. Probably my favorite of the store-bought variety, though Metro Market is really good and, surprisingly enough, Woodman's as well.

I was hugely disappointed by Trader Joe's, however. It sucked.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Alison Brie: the new food thread
Jump to: