Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 23, 2014, 06:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658126 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Alison Brie: the new food thread  (Read 41506 times)
nonotyet

« on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »

from here

Greg's post in the annoyed thread reminded me that I came to a horrible realization this weekend.
I do not really care for Brie cheese.
Should I recuse myself from this forum now, or later?

Nick Ink

« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »

Brie is a prince among cheeses, I feel. How did it fare on the great LPTJ cheese poll of 2011, does anyone remember?

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
guavacris

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:36:21 PM »

Nonotyet, stay and I'll fight with you.

King James Bible (Cow Ed.)
And Cownan knew that the seed should not be hers; and it came to pass, when she went in unto her cheesemaker's shop, that she spilled it on the ground, lest that she should give seed to the brie. And Cownan said unto the cheesemaker peace out. And dropped the mic.

Greg Nog

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »

Tied with Cheddar!

I like the mild fog of ammonia that rises up into my nasopharyngeal areas when I eat brie!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »

I like to spread it on apple slices.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jm

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2012, 08:05:35 PM »

man I like brie, and I just remembered that I have some. and like some english muffins to put it on? whatever, it's a breadish product.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
jm

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »

I like the mild fog of ammonia that rises up into my nasopharyngeal areas when I eat brie!

yeah, a lot of my favorite cheeses (outside of the buy-a-block-and-eat-it-in-a-sitting cheeses) are the type that have some specific funk to them.

His hand is holding my hands, which are rested on his knee.
Anne the Man

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2012, 07:28:13 AM »

No, that was the gouda.

Also
King James Bible (Cow Ed.)
And Cownan knew that the seed should not be hers; and it came to pass, when she went in unto her cheesemaker's shop, that she spilled it on the ground, lest that she should give seed to the brie. And Cownan said unto the cheesemaker peace out. And dropped the mic.

That was great. I hear our milk mining history is deeply rooted in that book, especially for the southern Cowbellt area.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
Nick Ink

« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »

Indeed. A paltry 2 votes for brie, in fact. Nog himself, and ellaguru were the only takers. A dismal showing for such a tasty comestible.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Greg Nog

« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2012, 12:49:43 PM »

I only see what I wanna see, I guess.

Incidentally, Nick, thank you for calling me "tasty" in your last post!
nonotyet

« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »

http://eater.com/archives/2010/05/14/pizza-huts-crown-crust-pizza-meatballs-cream-cheese.php
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Ashley

« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »

you know what this pizza needs?  more ways to add meat and cheese.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
clare

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2012, 07:57:57 AM »

I've been making frittata a lot lately and I can't get over how delicious it is. This week's had ham, zucchini, mushroom, kale, capsicum and only 6 eggs instead of 8, so it was a bit less dense. Parmesan cheese and tomato on the top, and in the oven to brown the top and make it rise like a souffle. it's even better cold the next day, but there's not often much left.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2012, 08:12:06 AM »

I wanna make frittata

My favorite cheese in recent memory was this goat's milk cheddar we bought from Trader Joe's last week. Super mild, creamy and subtle cheese with that nice goat-y backbone. I ate a 1oz piece of it every day with strawberries and it was the best thing. I couldn't eat it fast enough to beat the mold, though. :/

think 'on the road.'
mixed cats

« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »

Our grocery bills have doubled since both of us are constantly eating. It sucks. I need to go back to making a whole box of noodles and using them for days, instead of relying on prepared/frozen foods.. Blergh.

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
elpollodiablo

« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »

Our grocery bills are completely insane. Since Marin, we've essentially stopped going out, and I only go to the bar once a week now and buy maybe a six pack a week otherwise. But instead of banking that disposable income or otherwise doing something wise with it, it just gets spent at the grocery store. We cook a lot, but we also stock up on lots of high-end frozen stuff, fresh fruit pretty much every day, mineral water, really good coffee, etc.

think 'on the road.'
mixed cats

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »

Yeah, the frozen stuff is nuts. All the frozen things we get are around $4 per box (usually Amy's stuff), so stocking up on those is soooo much. We never regularly bought that stuff before January, since I got starving and Bill started running 30+ miles a week.  We've also been getting whole boxes of things like Larabars for snacks, which are like $18 at the store, and we cant find them online for any cheaper.. We do still go out. And cook.. We buy fresh fruit and vegetables and fill the fridge on Monday, but the fridge is empty by Wednesday. Guess I'd better get used to it!

call me, and we'll sit down and work it out
over pancakes and orange juices
clare

« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »

There are definitely worse ways to spend your money than on good food.

Mrs Ink's amazing Korean feast looked so so yummy. And I'm eating left-over frittata for lunch. Pollo, you should make one.

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
peacocks

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 12:57:18 AM »

I love jalapenos. I love them so much that after I rubbed my jalapeno juiced finger into my eye and almost gouged it out with a cutco knife because of the 15 minutes of incredible agony that only a saucer of whole milk and a dirty dish towel could cure- after all that I ate a delicious quesadilla packed with the suckers and cherished every second. mmmmmmmm

dick-check your priviledge
peacocks

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 01:12:01 PM »

I just ate a piece of strawberry kiwi pie. ridiculous.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 12:20:45 AM »

brie is kind of amazing in a sandwich with thinly sliced granny smith apples and fig jam, on ciabatta.

the most beautiful girl i know posted a raw food vegan pie i'd like to try, said the filling was pureed avocado and key-lime juice with a natural sweetener that's good for the teeth, in a crust of almonds pulsed with some other things and pressed into a pie shell. the best thing about these kinds of desserts is they are so healthy you can eat them for breakfast guilt-free.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
jess

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 12:24:14 AM »

One of my favorite omelets ever had brie and slices of granny smith in it. So good.
jess

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »

And now I want one.
Ignatius

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 12:38:40 AM »

brie is kind of amazing in a sandwich with thinly sliced granny smith apples and fig jam, on ciabatta.

the most beautiful girl i know posted a raw food vegan pie i'd like to try, said the filling was pureed avocado and key-lime juice with a natural sweetener that's good for the teeth, in a crust of almonds pulsed with some other things and pressed into a pie shell. the best thing about these kinds of desserts is they are so healthy you can eat them for breakfast guilt-free.

My lady ain't never made no raw food vegan again pie

It's possible you haven't met her. Expand your circle.
peacocks

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »

ig, so cute

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Alison Brie: the new food thread
Jump to: