Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 01, 2014, 10:38:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658067 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Bouncy Shoe Class (new health and fitness)  (Read 160880 times)
milly balgeary

« Reply #25 on: Jun 21, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »

DARKNESS IMPRISONING ME ALL THAT I SEE ABSOLUTE HORROR I CANNOT LIVE I CANNOT DIE..BLAHBLAHBLAH IN HELL...DUNDUNDUNDUNDUNU

clare

« Reply #26 on: Jun 22, 2012, 07:37:19 AM »

In general, though, just listen to your body and do what you can. Try to get more rest! When you say you feel like you're getting a cold, do you just mean fatigue/weakness/etc? Or are you experiencing respiratory discomfort as well?

Well, the diet thing's not new. Still following the same weight watchers program that I've been doing for the last 18+ months. Yes, it's restictive, but not overly so, but def on the low carb end of things. I don't count calories, so i can't quite say how many I'm eating...average day would look like

breakfast: 30g cereal (2 weetbix), 1 cup low fat milk, 1 banana, a shitload of frozen berries (maybe 250g?) 3000g fish oil caps
lunch: massive salad (lettuce, tomato, carrot, celery, steamed squash/brassica, 100g ham, or fish or some such low-
          fat protein option. A couple of corn cakes if I have points to burn.
dinner: 1 cup cooked pasta, shitload of steamed squash/brassica, 2tbsp pesto, 40g chevre
snacks: small cappucino, sometimes a cupcake at work, 2 or 3 reeses mini pb cups, or some lindt chocolate

one day last week I forgot to pack my lunch protein, so just ate the salad. By 4pm I was standing with the peanut butter jar and a knife and and apple in my hand. A lesson learned.

As far as symptoms - yeah like a mild cold (yay echinacea!) sore throat, some swelling of glands. coldsore in my nose (eurgh!) and totally buggered. Not achy, just exhausted. I'm thinking it's probably just the herpes virus having a go...but it might also be time to go to the doctor.

Thermo, that's totally fucked! you're worth more than that $400!

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #27 on: Jun 22, 2012, 07:52:36 AM »

Take 1 week off of exercise and up your sleep

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
clare

« Reply #28 on: Jun 22, 2012, 07:58:20 AM »

thanks, mang. I'll give it a go! the sleep thing's tricky with work being what it is...

Thermofusion

« Reply #29 on: Jun 22, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »

Those are both metal bands. I won't weigh in on whether they are good metal bands or not, but they are both definitely on the metal spectrum. Early DEP is also, by the way, really fucking awesome.

I'll second the rest of your post, though.

Yes! Calculating Infinity is my shit! I'm heading to iTunes to check out this Darkane stuff.

triple paisley minimum
Good Intentions

« Reply #30 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »

Insanity is the album you want, though they're all good.
davy

« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »

Tool is awesome.

(or used to be, whatever.)

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Thermofusion

« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »

Insanity is the album you want, though they're all good.

Their albums came up in descending release date order and I was clicking through some sound samples and not really feeling it. But I saw this post, went back to check out Insanity, clicked through the samples then made it to the 1-2 punch of a couple songs called "The Perverted Beast" and "Distress." That shit impressed me. Bought it!

x-post davy I like Lateralus a lot! I saw them with a Tool-obsessed high school buddy on that tour, good show. I don't know what they've been up to since then though.

triple paisley minimum
davy

« Reply #33 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »

10,000 Faces or whatever was kind of boring. I liked Lateralus and Aenima a lot too. Undertow was a formative record for me, though, so it'll always be my favorite.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #34 on: Jun 22, 2012, 11:40:58 AM »

Obligatory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dunKAwRN3P8

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #35 on: Jun 22, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »

Does anyone else reflexively close YouTube videos if they begin with an ad?

think 'on the road.'
Thermofusion

« Reply #36 on: Jun 22, 2012, 12:15:24 PM »

That is terrible. I dated a lady whose theme song was "3 Libras." Like I'd go over to her apartment and she'd be listening to "3 Libras" on loop on WinAmp on her emachines. Don't date ladies like that, I'd tell myself.

triple paisley minimum
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #37 on: Jun 22, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »

Does anyone else reflexively close YouTube videos if they begin with an ad?

Didn't make it as far as the ad, saw the title and closed it

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #38 on: Jun 22, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »

samsies.

Also, bitch pleases.

I ate half a raw chicken breast once. Didn't do shit to me.

meat is best raw. i've been vegetarian for june and will probably stick with it when i get home but one of the greatest things i've ever eaten is the beef sashimi from blue water cafe in vancouver, marinated in seasoned rice vinegar and sesame oil with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. divinity! indians actually think of the cow as god incarnate so i'm not exaggerating, have had some memorable meals but that paired with the fish sashimi and a good wine was about as good as it gets.

now i can be content with veggie rice bowls from here on.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #39 on: Jun 22, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »

i duno i hear things about raw chickens

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #40 on: Jun 22, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »

indians actually think of the cow as god incarnate so i'm not exaggerating

This is absolutely not true, btw. Glad to see a trip to India is just calcifying your racist misconceptions. At least they can laugh as they take your money to the bank I guess
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2012, 02:54:00 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
cold before sunrise

« Reply #41 on: Jun 24, 2012, 04:29:11 AM »

the cow is a physical embodiment of sacred energy, a reincarnation of shiva. according to locals if found guilty of killing a cow here you'll go to jail for 20 years. i don't know where your discomfort is coming from but concern yourself with your own misconceptions.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #42 on: Jun 26, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »

Really hurt my shoulder somehow in the last couple of days. Was walking down 8 Ave to the train last night and all of a sudden it was like I'd been stabbed in the back; I spent the rest of the night with the heating pad and IcyHot and Ibuprofen. Still really stiff this morning. I can only assume this is a result of the four or five hours I spent on the bike over the weekend combined with a bunch of pushups the last couple of days (although then again, who knows; could've just as easily slept on it wrong). Either way I think it might force me to take a few days/the rest of the week off, which is something I haven't done since I started exercising daily back in February. I'm kind of nervous about it because the mentality of tracking every workout & meal is so deeply ingrained in my daily life at this point that it feels like I'll start immediately piling the weight back on if I let my guard down for a second.

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #43 on: Jun 26, 2012, 08:53:36 AM »

I know what you mean. I took yesterday off and just taking one day off makes me feel like I'm going to gain back the thirty pounds I've lost so far. It doesn't work like that though! You know that, and I know that, but sometimes it needs to be said out loud. Take some time off until your shoulder feels better. You don't want it to get fucked up worse.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Greg Nog

« Reply #44 on: Jun 26, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »

On days that I can't exercise, especially due to injury, I tend to do a bunch of gentle stretches and drink more water than usual, which at least opens up my pores for sweat to come out, and gets my heart rate a little higher.
clare

« Reply #45 on: Jun 27, 2012, 07:12:22 AM »

I'm kind of nervous about it because the mentality of tracking every workout & meal is so deeply ingrained in my daily life at this point that it feels like I'll start immediately piling the weight back on if I let my guard down for a second.

This was me until a couple of months ago when I went back to work and things went a little bit askew. However, it seems that I have learnt something. I haven't put on any weight, despite not tracking at all. I've been exercising a lot less, and that bothers me, but also been chronically run-down/sick. I really want to get back into running and exercise, but fitting it in is now really hard. (whinge, complain, moan)

G.C.R

« Reply #46 on: Jun 29, 2012, 01:31:07 AM »

I went for a run today for the first time since...February, March maybe? Anyway, I'm pretty bad at running. BUT now I feel great and I have such ambitions for running over the next few months. I'll be up at 6, running every day. I'll have definition in my arms like they've been cut with steak knives. My legs will be like short, wide lightning bolts. 

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
peacocks

« Reply #47 on: Jun 29, 2012, 03:00:51 AM »

I want to do that! I had high hopes for the geek workout but I keep coming home late and being muddy and sweaty and tired. Solution is to wake up early. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dick-check your priviledge
clare

« Reply #48 on: Jun 29, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »

Good on you Grace! I want to get out running again, but I'm still in this 'slightly sick' mode that I can't quite shake. I reckon I might go to the Dr soon... I've done no exercise for 2 weeks and I'm really fucking grumpy. My gym keeps sending me text messages saying "we haven't seen you for a while..?"

davy

« Reply #49 on: Jun 29, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »

I ran about 5k yesterday without drinking enough water first. It was rough. There was definitely some walking involved.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Bouncy Shoe Class (new health and fitness)
Jump to: