Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 27, 2014, 09:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657918 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 65 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: A Brief, Heartfelt, and Probably Pointless Request  (Read 4004 times)
cold before sunrise

« Reply #25 on: Mar 11, 2005, 12:07:27 AM »

what is there to discuss? just hit play, listen, and appreciate... in the spring rain!

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #26 on: Mar 11, 2005, 12:17:58 AM »

this leaked, by the way

im abstaining, as per my policy. but its out there.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #27 on: Mar 11, 2005, 12:26:38 AM »

you should prolly not advertise that, friend.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
jebreject

« Reply #28 on: Mar 11, 2005, 12:29:14 AM »

well, it's not like people won't figure it out.

i'm also abstaining, at least until the curiosity gets the best of me.  but let's hope that doesn't happen!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #29 on: Mar 11, 2005, 12:32:47 AM »

I just think that its a little distasteful to mention it here, on John's own forums, where he specifically asked not to talk about the new album.

People may figure it out, but they don't need to find out from here.

Ah_Pook

« Reply #30 on: Mar 11, 2005, 12:49:01 AM »

distasteful... like a fox

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
jebreject

« Reply #31 on: Mar 11, 2005, 03:44:05 AM »

pook, that made me snicker.

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2005, 04:29:58 AM »

Quote from: "Ah_Pook"
this leaked, by the way

im abstaining, as per my policy. but its out there.

Quote from: "jebreject"
well, it's not like people won't figure it out.

i'm also abstaining, at least until the curiosity gets the best of me.  but let's hope that doesn't happen!

Quote from: "Ah_Pook"
distasteful... like a fox

pook, that made me snicker.

is this an invitation-only circle jerk?  Or can I play too?

Chuck

« Reply #33 on: Mar 11, 2005, 05:44:30 AM »

you should probably sticky this thread in case it dies before some people read it. Although I doubt that even that could prevent all future mention of the album. I'm thinkin of taking bets on how long it will take before someone does exactly what this thread was meant to prevent. Maybe there could be a LPTJ pool or something?
jebreject

« Reply #34 on: Mar 11, 2005, 11:22:13 AM »

Well, technically, we've already mentioned the album a number of times, in this very thread.

Chuck

« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2005, 04:10:19 PM »

Well, technically, we've already mentioned the album a number of times, in this very thread.

Yes but my guess is that john was seeking to prevent actual discussion of the album, its qualities, faults (assuming there are any) etc. Acknowledging the existence of a record doesn't really count, especially if in response to a request not to discuss it. What are we supposed to do, say "yes we will not discuss the thing which you spoke of"? Although technically the best thing would have been for no one to reply to the thread at all and just make the effort to ignore the elephant in the room, but it's a little to late for that I would say. Sorry John if this is exactly what you were trying to prevent.
missy

« Reply #36 on: Mar 14, 2005, 10:18:04 PM »

Quote from: "woejilli"
it would be awesome to have a script running in the php that changed the album title to "the massacre" and the mountian goats into "50 cent" so that all the people wanting to talk about it would at least appear to be waxing romanticly about the ne 50 cent.

hah, although i love this e-prank with all my heart, i gotta take this opportunity to say that the Massacre was my bigggest dissapointment of 05 so far, and I'd be really mad if i was giving 50 some undeserved props, even if it were by way of a programming joke.

You should really write a script to change "The Massacre" to "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" then, at least it would be a reason for the accolades!

on a related note. i have a poster signed by 50 cent that says "Stay Cool. God Bless. 50 Cent" so my friends wrote "Stay Cool" on my birthday cake this year as a mockery of 50's sentiment.

true story.
woejilli

« Reply #37 on: Mar 14, 2005, 10:52:27 PM »

Quote from: "missy"

hah, although i love this e-prank with all my heart, i gotta take this opportunity to say that the Massacre was my bigggest dissapointment of 05 so far, and I'd be really mad if i was giving 50 some undeserved props, even if it were by way of a programming joke.

You should really write a script to change "The Massacre" to "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" then, at least it would be a reason for the accolades!

on a related note. i have a poster signed by 50 cent that says "Stay Cool. God Bless. 50 Cent" so my friends wrote "Stay Cool" on my birthday cake this year as a mockery of 50's sentiment.

true story.

are you my soul twin?

content to be a hummingbird's target.
missy

« Reply #38 on: Mar 14, 2005, 11:40:55 PM »

haha. possibly? Smile  you agree then? i mean...seriously, not that i'd ever say this to his face, because he'd put a hole through mine, but like, what's the dude got to write about now? got shot, check, bulletproof vest, check, sex, check, money, check...

i do approve of all the "shanking" references though. but most of the rhymes are so "eh"...even the beats are weird on the new album.

and i mean..Gat-man and Robbin-GROAN!  

hello new friend!
woejilli

« Reply #39 on: Mar 14, 2005, 11:58:36 PM »

it is a hollow effort. so far it seems like anything that is even close to good is only good because it makes an allusion to 'get rich...' it's like our honeymoon with 50 is over and we now realize his smirk and attitude wern't as endearing in the long term.

as for 'gat-man and robbin' seriously, get a livejournal you guys. no one needs to be that nuanced about hip-hop grudges.

content to be a hummingbird's target.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #40 on: Mar 15, 2005, 12:45:45 AM »

you know, i haven't heard the whole album, but as best i can tell the problem is that 50 ended up doing the very thing he ragged on ja rule for doing--crooning on his choruses, turning into the type of rapper who just tries to get the girls to dance to his songs. 50 may still be tough, but i don't hear it in his records anymore. in fact, the shit he does on the game's album is better, from what i've heard of that.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
SPACERACE

« Reply #41 on: Mar 15, 2005, 08:07:05 AM »

The only good 50 Cent song was "I Smell Pussy."

It's always kinda uncomfortable to mention that fact, but it's true.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: A Brief, Heartfelt, and Probably Pointless Request
Jump to: