Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:07:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658238 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 58 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79
Print
Author Topic: The quotable LPTJ  (Read 147680 times)
the eyepatch guy

« Reply #1575 on: Aug 23, 2006, 09:03:50 PM »

Word! Though I think Davy hadn't read the gender thread so he wasn't equipped to realize how fucking clever I am.

Edit: I hate new pages. This forum should only have one thread that is one very long page.
perry

« Reply #1576 on: Aug 24, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »

In the LPTJ Covers Each Other thread:

Quote from: "gibber"
f'realz.

So (backstory for those not in the know) the LPTJ Covers Project has a long history of not coming together, etc, so every couple months the people who dutifully sent songs when they were due come dust off this old volume and remind those who committed to submit a song to do so.  What I thought was funny was that this was newcomer Gibber's information when he posted, clearly knowing the complete history of the project:

Gibber
Total Posts: 4

Really, this was just a note to say that I think that the little bevy of people who made pseudonyms so they could post in the Get Lonely Mountain Goats thread with an added layer of anonymity (as if making a pseudonym-of-a-pseudonym isn't completely neurotic and certifiable) are silly, especially since the thread never really got off the ground in its actual discussion of the album.  Also, you can deduce from his familiarity with the thread that Gibber is one of the people who will appear on the Covers album.  Everyone should keep that in mind as you make plans for your own pseudonym-of-your-pseudonym's-pseudonym in the upcoming TOTALLY HONEST REVIEWS of LPTJ Covers Each Other thread.

too young too young too soon too soon
RoyBiggins

« Reply #1577 on: Aug 24, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »

I'm not sure that that pseudonym is actually to preserve anybody's anonymity from anyone else on the board, especially not people on the board who creepily know the last names of people on the board.  Like me.

Which is to say, I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU ALL.

At least your last names.

Perry, for example, is one letter shy of being superman's boss.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Maaik

« Reply #1578 on: Aug 24, 2006, 11:24:51 AM »

Quote from: "perry"
I pay too much attention to catch what's really going down.

Man, that was a good one.

I need anne the man lessons
El_Josharino

« Reply #1579 on: Aug 24, 2006, 01:05:29 PM »

Quote from: "Doctor Bob"
Eclipses Summer Sun?  Nice.

I love that shit.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
nonotyet

« Reply #1580 on: Aug 24, 2006, 01:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "RoyBiggins"

Lies and goddamn falsifications. You didn't even know enough to pick up your fucking phone last night, so how can you know shit about me?
perry

« Reply #1581 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »

Quote from: "Maaik"
I pay too much attention to catch what's really going down.

Man, that was a good one.

I looked at that post I wrote above and it doesn't really capture the mood I was in at the time; I was laughing as I wrote it and saw the whole pseudonym thing as completely funny, not as calling anyone out.  In reading it again, I can see how it comes off as far more acerbic than I intended.  Sorry if it seemed like I was being critical.  I thought I was joking with the LPTJ in-crowd about how funny some things on here are.  A post by any other name can smell as sweet, etc.  

too young too young too soon too soon
RoyBiggins

« Reply #1582 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:23:58 PM »

Quote from: "nonotyet"

Lies and goddamn falsifications. You didn't even know enough to pick up your fucking phone last night, so how can you know shit about me?

Please let the record show that apparently it's cool to call people in the middle of the night again!

This will haunt you, NNY.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
the eyepatch guy

« Reply #1583 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:24:10 PM »

Oh shit, you did not just call Andrew a hippie.
dumbfish

« Reply #1584 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:26:37 PM »

I thought I was joking with the LPTJ in-crowd about how funny some things on here are.

That's how I read it.  Though it's funnier if you assume dude was a longtime lurker, rather than an alt.  The delays on that comp have reached the point that the frustration is drawing lurkers out just to complain.

OT: Perry's Jeff Buckley and Two Pac-Man Jesus thing over in Earbuds.

Edit:  I screwed up Perry's joke.  Fixed now.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
nonotyet

« Reply #1585 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:26:47 PM »

Please let the record show that apparently it's cool to call people in the middle of the night again!

ahem

[RoyBiggins] The new girl at the coffeeshop is super hot! And she's
sixteen![/RoyBiggins]

As to your whining, OLD MAN, ten to twelve at night is not "the middle of the night, and I cannot help it if my awesomeness has no curfew or internal alarm clock.
diesel_powered

« Reply #1586 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »

And now it's time for everyone's favorite question:

"Why is the evil chicken hugging that girl?"

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
RoyBiggins

« Reply #1587 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:50:36 PM »

ahem

[RoyBiggins] The new girl at the coffeeshop is super hot! And she's
sixteen![/RoyBiggins]

As to your whining, OLD MAN, ten to twelve at night is not "the middle of the night, and I cannot help it if my awesomeness has no curfew or internal alarm clock.

Quote from: "dumbfish"
I love that Biggins' admitting a crush on one youngish barista, like, eighty jillion posts ago has become a hard-wired circuit in the LPTJ Brain.

(Brian=pedo!)  

I wish you would've said "Midnight is not the middle of the night."  That would've sounded even less correct.  And let us not forget this little episode:

Quote from: "a while back, you"

[I got a phone call at 11 p.m. and]...I let it go to voice mail...and what did the voicemail say? WHAT DID IT SAY?  You want me to read A BOOK?  This is not cute. This does not make me want to talk to you at all...Am I supposed to be impressed that you love this book so much that you just HAVE TO CALL and EXTOLL ITS VIRTUES AT FUCKING ALMOST ELEVEN IN THE PM ..."

This is the quotable thread, after all.  The emphasis and elipsis*, of course, are mine. For fun.

And for the record, guys, there is a new, hot 16 year-old barista at my coffee shop.  I calls 'em like I sees 'em, but I'm no longer contemplating tryin' to romance 'em.  And that, my friends, that makes aaaaall the difference.

[*Typo Hulk says "sic"]

nonotyet

« Reply #1588 on: Aug 24, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »

Heart

I love you, Biggins.

Wait, no. YOU MAY HAVE WON THE BATTLE BUT YOU AIN'T WON THE WAR.

And for the record/to clarify: I am able to set an internal alarm clock when I am working regularly. I get really, really pissy when I am sleep-deprived and have to get up at 6:00 in the morning and someone forces that lack of sleep by calling me late at night when they know I am working and they also know that I basically never want to talk to them again. But if I am not working regularly?

Quote from: "a long long time ago, a very wise man said to me when I had just gotten fired from my job of five years and was inconsolable"
The Man and the Guv might've had me by the nuts, but they had to go to sleep eventually. Rock & roll? It's up and open 24 hours, and the beauty of unemployment is that you are, too.
nonotyet

« Reply #1589 on: Aug 24, 2006, 04:36:10 PM »

ontopic:
Quote from: "Steve"

Yeah I suppose on the other hand he needs to find something else to sing about aside from dead/black/blue eyes, mules/birds/cats, stars and lightning.  

I know very little about Jason Molina, but I giggled. This might have something to do with the fact that my closest friend's boyfriend enjoys yelling "OH SORRY, YOU DIDN'T LIKE THAT SONG? I'M SORRY IT DIDN'T HAVE STEEL GUITARS IN IT, I'LL CHECK FOR A FUCKING BANJO NEXT TIME" at her every time something other than MEC/Wilco/Whiskeytown/etc etc is played in the car.

edit: reading it written out, it kind of sounds harsh, but he means it to be funny. And it is. Every time.
milly balgeary

« Reply #1590 on: Aug 24, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »

OMG HE SOUNDS SO FUNNY

nonotyet

« Reply #1591 on: Aug 24, 2006, 04:59:33 PM »

I ain't scared of you.
milly balgeary

« Reply #1592 on: Aug 24, 2006, 05:05:13 PM »

this..part of an interior monologue?

Wally

« Reply #1593 on: Aug 24, 2006, 05:09:59 PM »

And that, my friends, that makes aaaaall the difference.
[/size]

Brimyfriend no it don't. You dig the short tail, and we love you for it. We'd love you even more if you tapped that short tail. 'Cause dreams ain't dreams unless they come true.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
nonotyet

« Reply #1594 on: Aug 24, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"

I am practicing for my Our Town audition, yes.
Wally

« Reply #1595 on: Aug 24, 2006, 05:18:56 PM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"

I am practicing for my Our Town audition, yes.

Given RoyBoyToy's ability to know everything about us, am I the only one who is scared of having an internal monologue.

Cue Dumbfish to comment on what my internal monolgue could be.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
dumbfish

« Reply #1596 on: Aug 25, 2006, 11:42:20 AM »

Quote from: "Marie"
I ate pizza in a hot tub.

Quote from: "Marie"

df- I actually think I beat myself last night.  I had taquitos and mudslides while watching Nice Racks #12.  To top that tonight I believe I'm going to have to kill a guy.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
nonotyet

« Reply #1597 on: Aug 25, 2006, 04:49:38 PM »

Quote from: "heather marie"
hamilton leithashsahgdshgyeyerhr

BLUCAS? WHACHOO GOT?
RavingLunatic

« Reply #1598 on: Aug 25, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »

Quote from: "DCDave"
You forgot to refer to a philosopher.

DCDave is my favorite Republican ever. And the only (intentionally) funny one.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
diesel_powered

« Reply #1599 on: Aug 26, 2006, 07:15:07 PM »

Quote from: "reeseboisse"
only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, will we realize that gmail invites cannot be eaten.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: The quotable LPTJ
Jump to: