Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 25, 2014, 09:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658137 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 63 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Damn Damn Damn  (Read 2774 times)
silentsigh89

« on: Apr 19, 2005, 12:22:29 AM »

this happens to me all the time. it makes me feel like a lyrical super genius!!

and sometimes when a song is stuck in my head and I can't remember the words, I just make them up so they fit. good times.
Debaser

« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2005, 06:41:31 AM »

there was a kid in my junior high class that was a huge michael jackson fan and did impersonations of him, dancing and doing those things with his arms and feet and then singing, of course.

he wasn't very good at english.

he also had a hard time remembering lyrics.

which led to heartfelt impersonation performances in the middle of class going "you are from the floor, i am thinking you" and so on. His moonwalk was impeccable though.

oh, and i love the line on aura noir's website, "Metal never sounded quite so vicious, not even in 1985."
that's quite ambitious!

my most recent experience with the misinterpretation-of-lyric things is a little minor offence. Saw Broken Social Scene live at roskilde last year and on "anthems for a 17-year-old girl" i swear she sang "dream about being born", while it was really "dream about me"
Chuck

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2005, 04:48:27 PM »

Man, I used to go to roskilde every year til i moved to this side of the pond. Finding out that BSS played there last year only makes me more angry that I can't afford to go anymore.

I find myself completely unable to understand BSS lyrics. Sure, I can catch a word here and there but that's about it. But from what I can hear, its not like most of them make any sense anyways.
Debaser

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2005, 03:07:55 AM »

Quote from: "Chuck"
Man, I used to go to roskilde every year til i moved to this side of the pond. Finding out that BSS played there last year only makes me more angry that I can't afford to go anymore.

I find myself completely unable to understand BSS lyrics. Sure, I can catch a word here and there but that's about it. But from what I can hear, its not like most of them make any sense anyways.

well, uh, if you live in canada there just might be a slight chance BSS drops by somewhere near you. at least more than me, anyway.

It's always expensive with festivals and all, and unfortunately i won't be going to roskilde this year cause my civil-service-instead-of-going-to-the-military-job pays real shitty. And damn, what a lineup:
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=88000c&code=1

if you just look away from the obvious blunders of shit bands like audioslave, green day and foo fighters, there's Sonic Youth, Autechre, Four Tet, and a whole shitload of goodies.
lucky strike

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2005, 06:43:09 AM »

dude, i can't help but laugh uncontrollably right now at the thought of

BLACK METAL JAW
IT APPEARS GRIM

LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH IM A DETECTIVE GOD DAMN IT
martin_van_buren

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2005, 07:58:29 PM »

I felt the same way when I found out that the first line of "Bone Machine" wasn't "This is a song from Hell." And that Paul Simon never sang in "Duncan" about a girl who was "singing Satan's songs and reading from the Bible." Lyrics suck.
lucky strike

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2005, 08:44:15 PM »

can i write a song that says

BLACK METAL JAW
IT APPEARS GRIM

or is that, like, totally not free game?
i'm off to watch the astros rape another team.
htown gonna stomp y'all out
all y'all

LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH IM A DETECTIVE GOD DAMN IT
Chuck

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2005, 12:26:48 AM »

Quote from: "Debaser"
well, uh, if you live in canada there just might be a slight chance BSS drops by somewhere near you. at least more than me, anyway.

It's always expensive with festivals and all, and unfortunately i won't be going to roskilde this year cause my civil-service-instead-of-going-to-the-military-job pays real shitty. And damn, what a lineup:
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=88000c&code=1

if you just look away from the obvious blunders of shit bands like audioslave, green day and foo fighters, there's Sonic Youth, Autechre, Four Tet, and a whole shitload of goodies.

Well they haven't been over here in more than a year, but its more the fact that they were at roskilde that bothers me. And yeah, I heard about this year's lineup and OMFG describes it pretty accurately. I refuse to actually read it though cuz I know i'll just get insanely frustrated. As soon as I heard that Sunn O))) were playing there this year I already got pissed off.
rtotalexvii

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2005, 01:33:59 PM »

i thought he was saying "it appears grim" too!

he definitely says "WE DON'T OPPOSE EVIL.. WE ARE," though, which is some consolation

i don't think there's a single guitar solo on this record.  or maybe my left speaker is out.

have a bleedin' guess
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2005, 06:24:50 PM »

I thought for a pretty long time that The Hold Steady lyrics "All you sniffling indie kids, hold steady" was "all you sniveling indie kids hold steady"  but unfortunately it isn't

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2005, 06:47:25 PM »

Quote from: "FreddyKnuckles"
I thought for a pretty long time that The Hold Steady lyrics "All you sniffling indie kids, hold steady" was "all you sniveling indie kids hold steady"  but unfortunately it isn't

I've heard him sing both.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2005, 06:47:54 PM »

ooh look at me, I'm chris.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:01:06 PM »

ooh look at me, I'm chris.

That's true, I am chris.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:20:34 PM »

can't argue with that, can ya smart guy.

insomniapays

« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2005, 02:38:23 AM »

It's not?  It seems like it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.
Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Last Plane | Topic: Damn Damn Damn
Jump to: