Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 16, 2014, 12:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657995 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 48 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Waita Uziga (not for the faint of heart)  (Read 14612 times)
omymai

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 02:44:02 AM »

there are some readers here who aren't 18... regardless of what i think of the art, at least put up a disclaimer and 'url' the possibly offensive material instead of inline img's.

This is going to be the best Bellini Day ever!
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 03:38:49 AM »

excellent point

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
milly balgeary

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 04:16:48 AM »

i really don't know what the point is of anyone looking at this crap. its like an anime snuff film

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 06:19:02 AM »

there's no need to argue
milly just don't understand

lucky strike

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 09:54:51 AM »

Quote from: "JamesSchneider"
Quote from: "lucky strike"
this is a good thread
stop being a sissy

I don't want to pick a fight, but I don't think that I'm being a sissy by saying that this is honestly repugnant. It features exactly zero redeeming qualities, and the existence of this thread does little other than to disgust and help proliferate this artists, well, this artists mental rubbish. I'd see it as a joke if I thought it was meant to be, but what I'm seeing is some utterly sickening misogynist artwork. If anyone were to type a verbal description of any of what 's been depicted here in any other context, I don't think it'd be a far cry to think that they'd be ostracized and maybe banned. I'm not one for censorship, but I can't possibly think that I'm alone in wishing that this artist had never been born, and/or never put ink to paper.

a) why would you take what i said seriously? i'm well aware most stable-minded people aren't gonna feel this.
b) just don't come back to the thread. i actually find this guy(?) really interesting, though.

LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH IM A DETECTIVE GOD DAMN IT
lucky strike

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 09:55:14 AM »

the last image was totally a boob-kabob, i think

Ah_Pook

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

Quote from: "elpollodiablo"
Word. This doesn't really make me want to listen to anything even remotely connected to it, either.

Lord Gore - Brainfucker

don't let your sense of moral outrage or whatever keep you from enjoying this fucking sick ass goredeathgrind action.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
lucky strike

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 10:49:43 AM »

"Brainfucker" is gnarly

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 03:05:12 PM »

Quote from: "omymai"
there are some readers here who aren't 18... regardless of what i think of the art, at least put up a disclaimer and 'url' the possibly offensive material instead of inline img's.

ahem.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 04:57:25 PM »

Quote from: "Ah_Pook"
Word. This doesn't really make me want to listen to anything even remotely connected to it, either.

Lord Gore - Brainfucker

don't let your sense of moral outrage or whatever keep you from enjoying this fucking sick ass goredeathgrind action.

It's my sense of self respect, not moral outrage, that keeps me from listening to albums entitled Brainfucker.

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 05:23:10 PM »

i'm not sure if that even makes any sense.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2005, 05:47:28 PM »

Well... It does.

think 'on the road.'
JamesSchneider

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 05:51:44 PM »

For me it's moral outrage. I don't care if I seem dumb or lame or anything, but by using his artwork for their album cover they're doing two things. First, they're projecting that image on themselves and their work. Not that surprising, though I'm no expert, I'm pretty sure goregrind or whatever is pretty centrally based on themes of that nature. I mean, gore is in the title of the genre, what should I expect. They other thing that they're doing is making money for the cover artist, and, however minutely, increasing his celebrity, which, to me, is a frankly repulsive idea. Maybe I'm not getting it, and it's some kind of heavy, deep social satire, but it's never struck me that way, so I'm going to have to avoid it. If some country singer came out with a cover like that and messages like that, he'd get picketed left right and center. Maybe it's seen as ok because it's confined to such a niche genre? I don't know.

Couldn't you take the second bus home?
lucky strike

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2005, 07:25:17 PM »

look, it's one thing if you little girls don't wanna see some chicks getting cut open and fucked up with cheese graters(i just assume it happens in his collection at least once), but don't front on fucking some brain, aight?
what kinda fool doesn't wanna fuck a brain
for real dough

Kath

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2005, 07:29:49 PM »

What the fuck is this shit?

http://uziga.sakura.ne.jp/doku/img/uzcg/19.jpg

Nothing can kill the grimace.
Maaik

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2005, 07:31:20 PM »

Supremely fucked up.

I need anne the man lessons
bucko

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2005, 07:33:24 PM »

this shit is the reason i sometimes feel like a knob for enjoying metal. there's no humor, absurdity, or irony involved in these pics (as far as i can tell, anyway). so i guess i will go join james' moral brigade.

i am the other 20th century
the one that burned up on re-entry
SPACERACE

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2005, 07:49:34 PM »

There's no absurdity? Are you kidding? I think the majority of the people who listen to music that pictures like this are associated with wouldn't really have much interest in doing the things depicted, and appreciate images like this only for the absurdity. Yes, there are people that would, but those people have problems far more serious than listening to goregrind.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
bucko

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2005, 08:30:24 PM »

reese-

point taken; however, all i said was that i couldn't find the absurdity in these pics (sorry for not being more specific). and i guess that basically it's a subjective evaluation- i can appreciate the absurdity of death metal/grindcore/goregrind lyrics but i'm not a fan of the imagery. actually, let me qualify that- i am fine with the satanic and surgical (e.g. early carcass, etc.) imagery, but casual (or not so casual, as the case may be) misogyny totally sets me off. this is, obviously, a personal value judgment, and i do not think it should preclude others from viewing said art. also, on a tangent, i find it interesting that much of this genre of art comes from japan, whose culture has traditionally subjugated women (not that america is that much different). i'm not sure what the connection is, but i feel there's some relationship. sorry to be so heavy handed, but i guess these pics can bring out strong emotions (including laughter, i swear i understand that perspective too), as all art should.

bucko

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2005, 08:39:23 PM »

by the way,
is Lord Gore from portland? i've seen flyers for a local band by that name, but i suppose in the world of metal it's possible that more than one group could stumble upon such a name.

Ah_Pook

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2005, 11:21:10 PM »

It's my sense of self respect, not moral outrage, that keeps me from listening to albums entitled Brainfucker.

here's a dude who just doesn't get it.

also the albums called Resickened, the songs called Brainfucker.

JamesSchneider

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2005, 11:23:26 PM »

I don't get it either. I'm trying. I've gotten into the Mastodon, various Isis and Jesu stuff, but it sort of drops off for me. I'm trying.

Couldn't you take the second bus home?
Ah_Pook

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2005, 11:24:27 PM »

Quote from: "bucko"
by the way,
is Lord Gore from portland? i've seen flyers for a local band by that name, but i suppose in the world of metal it's possible that more than one group could stumble upon such a name.

and, yes. portland has a shitload of awesome goregrind bands in the area actually. a lot of the Razorback dudes are from there. Engorged, Frightmare, Lord Gore, Splatterhouse, and Blood Freak are all from around there that i know of.

milly balgeary

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2005, 11:45:05 PM »

how does it go anyway, ah pook?

"brain fuckker, you best not plaaaaay with my braaaaain,
lord gore gonna see you in the morrrrrggueee
next to myyyy girrrlfrrriend heloise,
whooo had the most higggh pitched voice -
that i hadd to brainnn fuck heerrr
with myyyyy gorree griiiind noooiisssee -

milly balgeary

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2005, 11:48:41 PM »

thanks, i'm going to keep on going.

'i am lord gore'

"look at me -- i'm the BEAST -
all i do is rock and roll the blood feassst -
trick me up in your bassoon heels and
accept my geological blood driiiip!

i am lord gore!
your amber skies will never be the same!
not after my dark reign!

hey honey wanna come over for some tea
i put turnips in that tea!
your tea is bitter-sweet!
there's turnips in that tea
i'm lord gore, forevermore!

i am lord gore!
your amber skies will never be the same!
not after my dark reign!
feel my talcum powder bane!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Waita Uziga (not for the faint of heart)
Jump to: