Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 20, 2014, 12:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657896 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 79 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 46898 times)
Good Intentions

« Reply #125 on: Aug 04, 2006, 12:14:43 AM »

I'm certain that there are perfectly delightful gin around, but it does feel to me a bit like getting all worked up about lager.
Illest Waffle

« Reply #126 on: Aug 04, 2006, 12:18:32 AM »

look, for once I ain't trying to be condecending and shit to you stupid people, but it is a matter of public concensus that the best gin is drunken from discount brand 1pt plastic bottles which are obscured by a small brown paper baggy. You get like double class points if you're rocking this combo in the subway on your way to work and by work I mean like you live in the subway.
Greg Nog

« Reply #127 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:01:20 AM »

Quote from: "Good Intentions"
I'm certain that there are perfectly delightful gin around, but it does feel to me a bit like getting all worked up about lager.

Wait, are you saying that it's weird to get all worked up about lager?  What the hey?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #128 on: Aug 04, 2006, 08:47:19 AM »

I think the deal is that people from Australia, NZ, & GB have a different set of misconceptions about the term "lager" than the people in America do.  To the average American, "lager" must be one of them fancy imports up on the top shelf.  To a kiwi, "lager" means your basic yellow pisswater beer.  Correct me if I'm wrong, GI.

Neither view takes into account the fact that lager is a vast category that covers a lot of different styles of beer.  All beers are either lagers or ales.  Well, you do have weird exceptions like Anchor Steam, but in general it's true.  I'm not going to say much more, because I don't need to tell you people how to cook spaghetti.  However, there are some damn fine lagers out there about which it's perfectly OK to get worked up.

Beer Yoda has spoken.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Marie

« Reply #129 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:23:41 AM »

We went to the liquor store this week because sometimes I just like standing in the liquor store without intent and enjoying the AC.  Ended up buying some $10 mystery handle of mudslide mix on impulse.  Holy shit, in this heat, I can't stop making them.  It's a magical alcoholic chocolate smoothy and I am thinking about buying a larger glass because my biggest glass just isn't cutting it.

In the winter I am a buddhist, in the summer I am a nudist!
diesel_powered

« Reply #130 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:28:20 AM »

I believe it's the estrogen that catylizes the ethanol/high-fructose corn syrup/artificial flavor combination because I don't know of one male that actually likes that shit.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Marie

« Reply #131 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »

Maybe my old man is hiding something but he won't stop asking me to make him buttslides.

In the winter I am a buddhist, in the summer I am a nudist!
diesel_powered

« Reply #132 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:35:33 AM »

Quote from: "Marie"
Maybe my old man is hiding something but he won't stop asking me to make him buttslides.

Can you show us on the doll....... eh, nevermind.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
El_Josharino

« Reply #133 on: Aug 04, 2006, 02:25:37 PM »

Quote from: "YojimboMonkey"
I think the deal is that people from Australia, NZ, & GB have a different set of misconceptions about the term "lager" than the people in America do.  To the average American, "lager" must be one of them fancy imports up on the top shelf.  To a kiwi, "lager" means your basic yellow pisswater beer.  Correct me if I'm wrong, GI.

Neither view takes into account the fact that lager is a vast category that covers a lot of different styles of beer.  All beers are either lagers or ales.  Well, you do have weird exceptions like Anchor Steam, but in general it's true.  I'm not going to say much more, because I don't need to tell you people how to cook spaghetti.  However, there are some damn fine lagers out there about which it's perfectly OK to get worked up.

Beer Yoda has spoken.

Man, Anchor Steam is so fucking good.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Illest Waffle

« Reply #134 on: Aug 04, 2006, 03:10:37 PM »

Quote from: "El_Josharino"

Man, Anchor Steam is so fucking good.

You ever try a Cleveland Steamer?
El_Josharino

« Reply #135 on: Aug 04, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »

Is that a Lager?

Greg Nog

« Reply #136 on: Aug 04, 2006, 03:21:04 PM »

I had one at the bar the other night.  It was a little heavier than I expected it would be.
SPACERACE

« Reply #137 on: Aug 04, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »

Quote from: "El_Josharino"
Is that a Logger?

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
El_Josharino

« Reply #138 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:23:34 PM »

Thank you for explaining my joke to me.  I'm not sure I'd have gotten it otherwise.

Greg Nog

« Reply #139 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:27:07 PM »

ALSO IT'S POOP
Illest Waffle

« Reply #140 on: Aug 04, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »

rimshots for everyone! All you fags get gold stars.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #141 on: Aug 04, 2006, 11:50:41 PM »

Quote from: "Illest Waffle"
rimshots for everyone! All you fags get gold stars.

Are you coming on to me?

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #142 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:07:45 AM »

Greg, your people did humanity a solid when they invented Ouzo.  Oh gods so good.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
andronicus

« Reply #143 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:16:36 AM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"
rimjobs for everyone! All you fags get gold stars.
Whatever someone was going to do it.  I think it's my turn this time.
milly balgeary

« Reply #144 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:33:06 AM »

And Message Board dudes finally get to play fag tag...to be continued

Illest Waffle

« Reply #145 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:33:29 AM »

Quote from: "andronicus"

ROOFLES DUDE FUCING ROOFLES111!~~~~~

The whole ninja edit shit has been played out. I forgot who did it the other day first, but get the hell off the tip of his dick. You should totally post a thread about snakes on a plane and then fucking kill yourself. You suck at life.
milly balgeary

« Reply #146 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:40:30 AM »

Quote from: "andronicus"

ROOFLES DUDE FUCING ROOFLES111!~~~~~

The whole ninja edit shit has been played out. I forgot who did it the other day first, but get the hell off the tip of his dick. You should totally post a thread about snakes on a plane and then fucking kill yourself. You suck at life.

Damn dog! You're out to hammer balls this night.

andronicus

« Reply #147 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:48:23 AM »

If by 'the other day', you mean 'that day when they invented internet message boards', then yes.

And by yes I mean, get your busted trick ass out my thread before I steal your no-video-havin' ipod.
Illest Waffle

« Reply #148 on: Aug 05, 2006, 12:49:41 AM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"

I don't enjoy acting like this, but for christ sakes people need to have a tiny bit of decency. I'm just trying to maintain a semblance of order in threads I post in and a lot of the regulars that know better just sit here and aggrivate shit.

Next thing you know EvRy1 WiLl B TyPin Lik DiS as if we were in some fucking AOL wonderland.
milly balgeary

« Reply #149 on: Aug 05, 2006, 01:01:24 AM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"

I don't enjoy acting like this, but for christ sakes people need to have a tiny bit of decency. I'm just trying to maintain a semblance of order in threads I post in and a lot of the regulars that know better just sit here and aggrivate shit.

Next thing you know EvRy1 WiLl B TyPin Lik DiS as if we were in some fucking AOL wonderland.

They don't get that satirizing something by doing it means that they are what they are satirizing.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Alcohol
Jump to: