Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 22, 2014, 09:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658121 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Print
Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 47574 times)
Anne the Man

« Reply #300 on: Dec 26, 2006, 11:42:56 PM »

So did I. Go us.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #301 on: Dec 30, 2006, 12:11:02 AM »

I have just poured myself a double bourbon (Russell's Reserve) and since I'm feeling sassy I'm having it with a dash of orange bitters and a single ice cube.  That's a damn fine drink people.  What are y'all tipping back this evening?

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #302 on: Dec 30, 2006, 12:28:27 AM »

Nobody warming up for the big night?

Y'all are boring.  I'ma watch another zombie movie.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Greg Nog

« Reply #303 on: Dec 30, 2006, 12:36:08 AM »

I'm organizing my stuff, putting it boxes.  It's likely that I'll be doing this for at least another couple of hours.  So I'm trying to remain sober as I do so, in order to expedite the moving process.  The worst thing about maintaining sobriety is that it gets in the way of one's drinking.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #304 on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:14:27 PM »

Quote from: "YojimboMonkey"
Nobody warming up for the big night?

Y'all are boring.  I'ma watch another zombie movie.

2:30pm new years. I'm half cut. It's going to be a good day/evening.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
G.C.R

« Reply #305 on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:19:57 PM »

so, any plans otherwise then scott?

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #306 on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:26:05 PM »

Quote from: "G.C.R"
so, any plans otherwise then scott?

Not sure yet. There's a few ideas flyin' about. I was thinking about going to the flash Ponsonby bar where Emma2 works and upsetting the thick-neck-polo-shirt brigade but I'm a bit over that.

What about you youse? I'd like to see you guys at some point.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
G.C.R

« Reply #307 on: Dec 30, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »

GI comin over at some point, if we didnt weird him out too much last night (its the first time we've argued in front of him for months!) but yeah, love to see you bro

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Greg Nog

« Reply #308 on: Jan 03, 2007, 06:13:27 PM »

Tonight, I'm having a new cocktail I invented: "The Promised Land."  It's milk and honey and whisky.  Not bad, but there's not much of a bite to it.  It think I prefer "The Bloodlust."
Greg Nog

« Reply #309 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:10:55 PM »

I made myself a mint julep last night, and was a little grossed out; the sweetness kinda ruined the natural bourbon taste, I thought.

I had the mint in the first place because earlier in the evening, I entertained some friends with Mojitos and Fajitas.  The mojitos turned out pretty well -- I ran out of lime juice, but added some pomegranate and lemon juices to compensate, and it wasn't bad at all.
theartlessmonster

« Reply #310 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »

Quote from: "Greg Nog"
I made myself a mint julep last night, and was a little grossed out; the sweetness kinda ruined the natural bourbon taste, I thought.

I had the mint in the first place because earlier in the evening, I entertained some friends with Mojitos and Fajitas.  The mojitos turned out pretty well -- I ran out of lime juice, but added some pomegranate and lemon juices to compensate, and it wasn't bad at all.

actually best mojito i've had to date greg was in new york, here: http://www.goodrestaurantnyc.com/

also speaking of new york i read this this morning...

"On the East Coast, New York City also had a scare Monday morning when a mysterious gas odor moved across Manhattan. It wasn't immediately clear what had caused the odor, and it dissipated fairly quickly. No injuries or dead wildlife were reported."

what was this mysterious gas greg?

Don't be a swiss roll.
Greg Nog

« Reply #311 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:30:38 PM »

No one seems to know, actually, but as long as it's not that gas that turns people inside-out, I'm not that worried.

Do you know what made that mojito so excellent?  I've only ever made 'em myself, at home; when I'm out, I'm not about to order one, for fear that a giant light will flash and a sign saying "LESBIAN" will spring up and point at me.
theartlessmonster

« Reply #312 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »

i was thinking it was the sugar the real cane sugar

but wait, mojitos are lesbian drinks? is this like the subaru outback and rav-4 are lesbian cars too?  and sketchers cannot be worn by white girls?

Don't be a swiss roll.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #313 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:38:19 PM »

I've never had a mojito 'cause the combination of mint and lime just doesn't sound right to me.  Gotta try it sometime though.

Can you tell me how you made the mint julep Greg?   I think they're awesome so you must have made it wrong,  'cause it's inconceivable that our opinions on such a vital issue should differ.

Greg Nog

« Reply #314 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:46:07 PM »

Bourbon, simple syrup, and a wee bit of mint.  Is there another way?  A BETTER way?  'Cause if so, I'd be happy to try again.  This, I just downed fairly quickly, then moved on to scotch, which was more pleasant.

Mojitos are actually pretty good, but yeah, they're stereotypically identified with lesbians in the same way that Suburus and Northampton MA are.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #315 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:54:50 PM »

My girlfriend drinks mojitos you ASS

think 'on the road.'
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #316 on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »

I use the Alton Brown recipe, which calls for muddling about 10 mint leaves with a bit of sugar, splashing in a bit of soda, filling w/ ice and bourbon, and then another splash of soda on top.  

It's delicious but it does have leafy shit in it.  I need to try filtering it.

I've also heard of people macerating mint leaves in some bourbon and then using that for their juleps, haven't tried it though.

Greg Nog

« Reply #317 on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:02:16 PM »

Quote from: "elpollodiablo"
My girlfriend drinks mojitos you ASS

THERE'S SOMETHING SHE'S NOT TELLING YOU

Also, Jim, I'll check out your technique and report back.  Perhaps I just added too much syrup or something.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #318 on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:05:49 PM »

It takes forever since the sugar is not predissolved but the sugar crystals help break down the mint leaves during muddling

auto-da-fey

« Reply #319 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »

I don't really drink. I mean, I lived with four college wrestlers for a year, so I've certainly done some drinking in my day, but I haven't been plastered since October 2004, and I'm not generally interested in alcohol for purposes other than self-obliteration.

But then we bought some Kobai Plum Wine for $5 two nights ago at Trader Joe's on a whim. my GF and I each drank a glass while watching a movie, then put it in the fridge. Shit was good. Now I just realized I've downed the rest of the bottle over the course of today. Huh.
difficult

« Reply #320 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »

My girlfriend drinks mojitos out you ASS

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
difficult

« Reply #321 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »

Quote from: "auto-da-fey"
I don't really drink. I mean, I lived with four college wrestlers for a year, so I've certainly done some drinking in my day, but I haven't been plastered since October 2004, and I'm not generally interested in alcohol for purposes other than self-obliteration.

But then we bought some Kobai Plum Wine for $5 two nights ago at Trader Joe's on a whim. my GF and I each drank a glass while watching a movie, then put it in the fridge. Shit was good. Now I just realized I've downed the rest of the bottle over the course of today. Huh.

Ha! Welcome back!

elpollodiablo

« Reply #322 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »

Who wants welcomed by a kiwi? That's like bad luck for two generations!

think 'on the road.'
difficult

« Reply #323 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:39:36 PM »

Who wants welcomed by a kiwi? That's like bad luck for two generations!

Only if yer a jerk.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #324 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:40:20 PM »

Whatever pear shaped MOTHAHFUCKAH

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Alcohol
Jump to: