Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 22, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658121 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 101 Interpol: Pixies  (Read 7189 times)
Yes_Train

« on: May 23, 2005, 05:42:53 PM »

Just today I was listening to Antics for the first time in a few months and I noticed a striking new comparison.

Listen specifically to "Evil" from 1:11 - 1:18. That is more Pixies than anything else.

If you have the means, listen to "Down To The Well" on the compilation called "Pixies" (that's the balance of the Purple Tape that came out in 2001ish.) After 15 seconds have elapsed, you'll hear it.

Yeah. h0ller.
coldforge

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 05:47:25 PM »

I fear, my friend, that you have strayed in your posting. This is more of an earbuds topic, unless the reference is some obscure long-lost lptj article.

update: I lose.

l'era del terzo mondo.
Yes_Train

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 05:55:44 PM »

It's in the old archives - an article comparing Interpol to lots of stuff other than Joy Division. It can't be considered "long-lost" if someone as lazy as myself was able to find it. Also I think Pitchfork acknowledged it at some point.
coldforge

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 06:00:13 PM »

Suits me, then. Consider the comment withdrawn.

l'era del terzo mondo.
Debaser

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 09:04:15 AM »

that interpol article is quite hilarious.

and well, you've sort of stumbled across a similarity anomaly here, man. Thing is, interpol sound like everything else, and everything else sounds like pixies. Now, i'm tired of "OH THE PIXIES AND NIRVANA OH, AND THAT CALM-VERSE-AND-RAGING-CHORUS-THING", but really, there's a lot.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2005, 02:11:27 AM »

just so you know, there is a typo in the interpol article by John.  I was just referencing it for something else, and noticed that the conspiracy theorists one has "pyrmaids" so yeah.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
W. Earl Piglet

« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2005, 06:50:09 PM »

interpol..is like..

1. THE WEDDING PRESENT
2. GALAXIE 500

THE END.
Jacob_Evans

« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2005, 11:54:25 PM »

Quote from: "Yes_Train"
Just today I was listening to Antics for the first time in a few months and I noticed a striking new comparison.

Listen specifically to "Evil" from 1:11 - 1:18. That is more Pixies than anything else.

If you have the means, listen to "Down To The Well" on the compilation called "Pixies" (that's the balance of the Purple Tape that came out in 2001ish.) After 15 seconds have elapsed, you'll hear it.

Yeah. h0ller.

Weird.  A friend of mine was just playing this awhile ago, and I asked "is this the Pixies?  Oh, wait.  It's Interpol."

Also, that Kelly Clarkson "Since U Been Gone" song, every single time I hear it on the radio, I think it's Interpol until she starts singing.  I can totally see them covering it.
Yes_Train

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2005, 11:05:12 AM »

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists covered Since U Been Gone! Good news around the block.
william

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2005, 03:16:44 PM »

4/4 and i got nothign to say bitchez!

No bottle has he anymore.
davy

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2005, 09:22:59 AM »

Quote from: "FreddyKnuckles"
just so you know, there is a typo in the interpol article by John.  I was just referencing it for something else, and noticed that the conspiracy theorists one has "pyrmaids" so yeah.

i totally want to marry a "pyrmaid".

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Good Intentions

« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2005, 12:17:59 PM »

So who's gonna do Interpol compared with Pink Floyd's 'Animals' (#3 on the list)? So contradictory the similarities are immidiately obvious, or it should be. I can't see it at all, and I've always wondered why that is so high on the list.
miss michaela

« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2005, 12:17:27 PM »

San Francisco DJ Party Ben noticed Pixies tip too, and mashed up "Evil" & "Wave of Mutilation" in one of his Sixxmixxes -- I totally LOVE it. (It used to be available for download at his site, but sadly, it doesn't seem to be there any longer.) I hate to say it, but after years of not "getting" The Pixies, I finally understood. It's totally lame that a mashup with Interpol (whom I like a little, but not tremendously) brought me to that point, but what can you do?

http://therichgirlsareweeping.blogspot.com: the heart wants what it wants. that is, free mp3s.
http://www.littlequill.com // the wrens documentary with no working title.
Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Last Plane | Topic: 101 Interpol: Pixies
Jump to: