Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 20, 2014, 08:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658302 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 59 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Overheard conversations  (Read 28937 times)
Lindsay With An A

« Reply #25 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:26:12 PM »

Quote from: "John"
Quote from: "Lindsay With An A"

2. Student to teacher doing cafeteria duty: "Mr. A, what's the French word for 'poop'?"

Mr. A: "Feces."

(long pause)

Mr. A: "Oh, the French word? I don't know French."

this needs to be a scene in a movie right now

Laughing I've had that exact same thought many times. I could make an entire movie of just things I've overheard in the cafeteria this year alone.

Mel Gibson spelled backwards.
Bernard

« Reply #26 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:38:09 AM »

Quote from: "jebreject"
Quote from: "Bernard"
My neighbor is a scrawny 13 year old. Now known as 'the pimp of Picfair Village'.

This made my morning.

My rommate reminded me that the actual quote is, "You know how we do, here in the ghetto."

The ghetto:
http://homepage.interaccess.com/~tjb/Images/The%20Hood2.mov

That's the pimp's house, behimd the SUV.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #27 on: Jun 19, 2005, 11:06:06 PM »

Yesterday was Puerto Rican pride day which = the past week has been drunken idiots running/driving around my neighborhood and generally giving the Puerto Rican community in Chicago an undeservedly bad reputation.

But I live on the first floor and just heard this snippet right out my window:

One guy to another guy:  "You could have ten kids, you don't know!  Ten kids!  Diez children!"

I really wish I coulda heard the rest of that conversation.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
jordanmichael

« Reply #28 on: Jun 19, 2005, 11:58:28 PM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"
Yesterday was Puerto Rican pride day which = the past week has been drunken idiots running/driving around my neighborhood and generally giving the Puerto Rican community in Chicago an undeservedly bad reputation.

this just proves what i say that any holiday or parades that involve pride in your heritage or nationalism just comes hand and in hand with drinking.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #29 on: Jun 20, 2005, 12:17:19 AM »

Quote from: "jordanmichael"

this just proves what i say that any holiday or parades that involve pride in your heritage or nationalism just comes hand and in hand with drinking.

Well, let's face it, there are idiots of all stripes [cough cough] who will use ANYTHING as an excuse for drunken stupidity (note here that I'm opposed specifically to drunken stupidity, not drinkin' in general).  What's unfortunate here is that a relatively small number of jerks end up reveling in/reinforcing all sorts of negative stereotypes about Puerto Ricans.

polkadotchickens

« Reply #30 on: Jun 20, 2005, 12:29:15 AM »

Laughing I've had that exact same thought many times. I could make an entire movie of just things I've overheard in the cafeteria this year alone.

so our main dining hall has this little alcove where you can hear every word that's said, and for some reason, groups never realize this.  whenever i'm eating alone, it's the spot to be.  highlights:

1. six girls crammed around a table for four, one is telling a story about her boyfriend.  "so he's like, 'life is a sexually transmitted disease,' and everyone else starts laughing like it's really funny.  but what did he mean?  i didn't get it.  like, does he think that life, like, is a disease or something?  or, like, that life's just about sex?  blah blah blah."  the group spends fifteen minutes trying to figure out the joke and in the end STILL DOESN'T GET IT.  this is how stupid people are created.

2. two guys and a girl, discussing the girl's summer internship.  she's apparently working with an author on a book about feminism, but--get this--the author WAS a man but had a sex change a month prior to this conversation and the book is about feminism from the perspective of both sexes, since (s)he was now an expert on both points of view.  talk about stuff you can make a movie out of.
jordanmichael

« Reply #31 on: Jun 20, 2005, 01:35:19 AM »

Well, let's face it, there are idiots of all stripes [cough cough] who will use ANYTHING as an excuse for drunken stupidity (note here that I'm opposed specifically to drunken stupidity, not drinkin' in general).  What's unfortunate here is that a relatively small number of jerks end up reveling in/reinforcing all sorts of negative stereotypes about Puerto Ricans.

well if there is a parade/protest/ralley/any other mass gathering of people, stereotypes seem to prevail. but on the subject of excuses for getting drunk, i know a kid who actually through a giant party in celebratation of "tuesday". that isn't a joke. last summer he actually charged 5 dollars for his house party in celebration of it being tuesday.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #32 on: Jun 20, 2005, 02:33:00 AM »

Friend#1: Dude!  That bitch needs the hatedick!  Hard!
Friend#2: No dibs!

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #33 on: Jun 20, 2005, 05:49:54 AM »

well if there is a parade/protest/ralley/any other mass gathering of people, stereotypes seem to prevail. but on the subject of excuses for getting drunk, i know a kid who actually through a giant party in celebratation of "tuesday". that isn't a joke. last summer he actually charged 5 dollars for his house party in celebration of it being tuesday.

For, I don't know, two or three years in the early 00's, every April when the time would change, there'd be a riot or 'riotous disturbance' in uptown Athens. I wasn't there the first year, but it made the local news in Columbus. The bars turned people out an hour early, due to DST, and somehow shit just went bad; people breaking windows and throwing rocks and bottles and such at the cops. Not at all what this town is like, if you've ever been through here. It doesn't even get that bad during Halloween.

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #34 on: Jun 20, 2005, 10:33:11 AM »

Quote from: "polkadotchickens"
2. two guys and a girl, discussing the girl's summer internship.  she's apparently working with an author on a book about feminism, but--get this--the author WAS a man but had a sex change a month prior to this conversation and the book is about feminism from the perspective of both sexes, since (s)he was now an expert on both points of view.  talk about stuff you can make a movie out of.

this is far more common than you might expect.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #35 on: Jun 20, 2005, 10:34:13 AM »

Quote from: "elpollodiablo"
For, I don't know, two or three years in the early 00's, every April when the time would change, there'd be a riot or 'riotous disturbance' in uptown Athens. I wasn't there the first year, but it made the local news in Columbus. The bars turned people out an hour early, due to DST, and somehow shit just went bad; people breaking windows and throwing rocks and bottles and such at the cops. Not at all what this town is like, if you've ever been through here. It doesn't even get that bad during Halloween.

this would never be a problem here in virginia, because here the bars close at 2 am anyway. so when the time change happens, they're closing anyway.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Greg Nog

« Reply #36 on: Jun 20, 2005, 12:10:43 PM »

Did someone say "ROBERT BURNS NIGHT?"

Quote from: "Rabbie Burns"

But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,
The trembling earth resounds his tread,
Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
He'll make it whissle;
An legs an arms, an heads will sned,
Like taps o thrissle.
Bernard

« Reply #37 on: Jun 20, 2005, 01:30:02 PM »

Quote from: "polkadotchickens"

1. six girls crammed around a table for four, one is telling a story about her boyfriend.  "so he's like, 'life is a sexually transmitted disease,' and everyone else starts laughing like it's really funny.  but what did he mean?  i didn't get it.  like, does he think that life, like, is a disease or something?  or, like, that life's just about sex?  blah blah blah."  the group spends fifteen minutes trying to figure out the joke and in the end STILL DOESN'T GET IT.  this is how stupid people are created.

WOW. Just ... wow.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #38 on: Jun 21, 2005, 10:10:04 PM »

Guy at work(looking at work schedule)" "whoa!  You work 10 days straight!  that sucks!  Oh!  It's cause you're taking time off.  Why could you possibly need time off.   oh, is it for that "yah yah shit" or whatever concert you're going to?"

Girl at work: " Yah Yah Shit?"

Guy: "Yeah, you know, that yah yah shit you were tellin' me about?"

Girl: "You mean Jack Johnson?"

Guy: "YEAH!  That was it!"

dieblucasdie

« Reply #39 on: Jun 22, 2005, 12:41:58 AM »

I love living on the first floor.  Another gem from the teens on the street:

Guy:  "Who's the father?  Him?"

Girl:  "No."

Guy:  "Who's the father?"

Girl:  "He'sn California."

Guy:  "Who's the father?  You mean, like, the entire state of California?"

Girl:  "No, he's IN California."

difficult

« Reply #40 on: Jun 25, 2005, 01:47:43 AM »

not exactly overheard, but all the talk of dumb teen girls reminded me...
 After TWO MONTHS of studying Russian communism, my friend leans over to me and whispers "Grace... promise not to laugh... but are Lenin and Stalin the same person?" of course being a know it all bitch I scream "hey everyone! Guess what she just asked me!!!"

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
davy

« Reply #41 on: Jun 29, 2005, 12:30:25 AM »

this wasn't so much "overheard" as it was, simply "heard" in real estate class tonight. the instructor--who isn't without a sense of humor, despite my previous fears--was talking about how on the exam, some questions ask you to use answers from previous questions to solve new problems. so obviously, if you got the earlier problem wrong, you'll get the new one wrong, etc. but this is what he said:

"some of these questions are serial. and i don't mean post toasties."

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
jordanmichael

« Reply #42 on: Jun 29, 2005, 12:35:21 AM »

i heard this one a few weeks ago. it was by the vending machines at a snack bar at the park next to my house. i spend a lot of time at this park. a lot of times people go there and play basketball for literally hours. this is the conversation i heard between one of the basketball plays at 10 at night when he was leaving, and his girlfriend. she was talking to her friend.

GIRLFRIEND: and i was like... and she was like... and i said... and she was like...
BOYFRIEND: YO! LET'S GO!
GIRLFRIELD: HOLD ON! I TELLIN' A STORY! and i was like...
BOYFRIEND: BITCH, YOU GET IN THIS CAR OR I'LL CUT YOU!

ever have one of those awkward nervous laughs?
convensive
« Reply #43 on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:18:32 PM »

i wanted to resurrect this thread in order to offer an out of context conversation fragment i heard the other day, while passing two well-dressed unremarkable men in what appeared to be their early twenties:

"then i said to him, where I'M going, i think cockroaches will be the LEAST of my problems."

then they both laughed... but it was a kind of nervous laughter that made me think that the guy doing the talking was, despite the above statement to the contrary, really really worried about cockroaches...
RoyBiggins

« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2006, 09:03:19 PM »

My friend Mike, working in a computer store, passed by two mid-20's guys, and one says to the other in dead seriousness, "If you say Lance Henriksen, I'm going to slap you."

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #45 on: Feb 11, 2006, 09:06:04 PM »

homeboy's been in 116 things, and not one of them good.

martin_van_buren

« Reply #46 on: Feb 11, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »

Hey man, Dog Day Afternoon and Network. Wasn't in either for very long, but they must be mentioned. Sidney Lumet represent.
db

« Reply #47 on: Feb 12, 2006, 04:58:49 AM »

2. Student to teacher doing cafeteria duty: "Mr. A, what's the French word for 'poop'?"

Mr. A: "Feces."

(long pause)

Mr. A: "Oh, the French word? I don't know French."

This is probably the funniest thing in the history of LPTJ.

Edit: Wow... I just noticed that this was like 7 months old.  Oh well, nothing in the intervening seven months has changed the factual nature of my original statement.

I didn't write that; it was on some asshole's website.
alexandra

« Reply #48 on: Feb 12, 2006, 05:41:24 AM »

while walking through the villiage:

hiphopster #1, to hiphopster #2:
"yo, pass me a poptart"

maybe you had to be there.

this message is now diamonds
lucky strike

« Reply #49 on: Feb 12, 2006, 08:31:28 AM »

my friend heard these two cholos talking outside of a thrift store. they were fighting or some shit.
cholo #1: man, fuck you, dog!
cholo #2: but homes.. i love you.

LISTEN TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH IM A DETECTIVE GOD DAMN IT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Overheard conversations
Jump to: