Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 31, 2014, 03:15:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 64 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Overheard conversations  (Read 28714 times)
elpollodiablo

« on: Jun 08, 2005, 03:47:56 PM »

Today, in the refectory, a snippet of something that had obviously been going on for a while, and probably continued long after my having left:
"Why don't you try to see things from my point of view and not be such an unreasonable cunt."

think 'on the road.'
heather marie

« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2005, 03:55:56 PM »

that's awesome.

the only thing i overhear is when people say "i'm gonna go google that" which is kind of awesome and makes me go "LOL!"
W. Earl Piglet

« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2005, 04:21:51 PM »

the in CD & DVD section of a Borders a 6 or 7 year old caucasian kid was sampling The Game's album while his bourgeois father was browsing the Classical section. When the father was done the kid said to him "I want to get 'The Game'" and the father said, in a concern voice "What game?". I know the father would not be into getting this little kid an album with a picture of a scary shirtless tattooed black man on the cover - so I found that fact and the fact that the kid wanted it funny.
Throoper

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2005, 05:28:37 PM »

I work at an ice cream store with a drive thru (I'm abbreviating, i think it's the accepted way to spell this absurd concept), and the things you hear people say in the car! They should know that people are listening.

I haven't heard any sex stories yet, which HBO has made me believe happens a lot in cars, but I hear a lot of parents yelling at their children, which makes me very sad. It's ice cream. It should make people happy, right?
crystalcakes

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2005, 06:05:38 PM »

once i overheard a group of women having a conversation in the shower at the gym.  this gym just has one big shower, no separate stalls.

it went something like:
"i can't believe that!"
"i know, i really needed this yoga to relax"
but then quickly it became clear that all of these women work together:
"he lets XX do whatever she wants!"
"i know, everyone knows, don't get worked up about it"
"yeah, you're right"
"it's going to be so awkward when if we see her in the elevator tomorrow"

clearly, what they are saying is not important.  the fact that they were all butt ass naked showering together is.  i never want to spend that kind of time wtih my workmates.  i could be the weird one though.

Quote from: "John"
life is now worthless and I am going to eat cat food & die
Maaik

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2005, 06:12:13 PM »

Quote from: "Throoper"
I work at an ice cream store with a drive thru (I'm abbreviating, i think it's the accepted way to spell this absurd concept), and the things you hear people say in the car! They should know that people are listening.

I haven't heard any sex stories yet, which HBO has made me believe happens a lot in cars, but I hear a lot of parents yelling at their children, which makes me very sad. It's ice cream. It should make people happy, right?

Dude, is it a Brewsters?  I love the dinosaur cookies they have there--I always ask for them with whatever I get.

My first job was at a Dunkin Donuts with a drive through.  We didn't have an intercom though, so people just sat at the window and watched me fumble around with their order, so no overheard conversations there.

But there are hilarious overheard conversations here.

I need anne the man lessons
heather
« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2005, 06:13:13 PM »

Quote from: "heather marie"
that's awesome.

the only thing i overhear is when people say "i'm gonna go google that" which is kind of awesome and makes me go "LOL!"

dude. i just said google in a phone conversation about 20 times.  lol this!
heather marie

« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2005, 06:48:51 PM »

the first thing that comes up when i google you, heather, is littlequill.com! go you!

(note: i just googled you 2 seconds ago, i'm not THAT creepy.)
Ashley

« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2005, 08:01:19 PM »

My french class is full of people obsessed with beastiality.

A week ago,  "That is the sexiest deer I have ever seen", and today "What are you talking about, you were all over that polar bear!"

... they're not really obsessed with beastiality, but over hearing them makes it sound like they are.

dogg you ain't gotta rustle outside in cloaks of darkness and shit
RoyBiggins

« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2005, 12:14:15 AM »

A friend of mine was in a bathroom stall when two guys walked in, and one was telling a story that was just wrapping up.  He said "So, then I said

"Why don't you put the flowers back on the table."

Then the two of them started laughing like it was the funniest thing either of them had ever heard.  We really want to know what they had said before.  For us, it's a lot like that joke Judd Nelson is telling in The Breakfast Club when he falls through the ceiling. Nobody's ever going to satisfy us with their version of the answer.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2005, 12:46:04 AM »

my favorite was me sitting on my couch last semester, and for some reason, you can hear EVERYTHING that anyone says if they're in the parking lot of my apartment.  I hear this girl get out of her car, and I tune most of what she's saying to this guy out, but then I hear,

"Would you mind Casey?  I have this fucking term paper to write, and I just can't do it sober.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Greg Nog

« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2005, 10:58:59 AM »

I was walking down a street in Chicago one summer, and I saw a young man in a big bulky lobster-looking outfit, with a stack of flyers in his claw.  He was chatting with another passer-by, looking somewhat miserable in the sweltering heat.

As I walk by, all I overhear is:

"So this guy's like, 'I'll pay you a hundred bucks a day to be a crawfish,' and I'm like, 'What the fuck is a crawfish?'"
swilkes

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2005, 10:33:29 PM »

In today's Stranger:

The comic artist is a friend of mine. It's true; Seattle metro buses are goldmines for overheard convos.
jordanmichael

« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2005, 10:41:12 PM »

Quote from: "swilkes"
In today's Stranger:

The comic artist is a friend of mine. It's true; Seattle metro buses are goldmines for overheard convos.

that's really awesome. reminds me of clowes. do you know how much your friend charges to have work done?
convensive
« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2005, 10:08:38 AM »

my friend Grace heard my favourite out-of-context snatch of conversation...

"but it was never ABOUT getting a horse!"
alexandra

« Reply #15 on: Jun 10, 2005, 10:41:17 AM »

what's weird is that in the past few days, things like this thread have come up in a ton of conversations i've had. as have the following sites:

overheard in new york
and
overheard in the office

this message is now diamonds
Bernard

« Reply #16 on: Jun 10, 2005, 11:15:54 AM »

Heard my neighbor discussing his business activities:

"Yeah man, I'm a pimp. Maaaaan, if he messes with me I'm gonna pound his ass. You know how we do! (dog barking noises)"

My neighbor is a scrawny 13 year old. Now known as 'the pimp of Picfair Village'.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
jebreject

« Reply #17 on: Jun 11, 2005, 12:41:58 PM »

Quote from: "Bernard"
My neighbor is a scrawny 13 year old. Now known as 'the pimp of Picfair Village'.

This made my morning.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
SPACERACE

« Reply #18 on: Jun 11, 2005, 12:50:32 PM »

Quote from: "Throoper"

Wait, you guys can hear that shit?

Duly noted.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #19 on: Jun 11, 2005, 01:49:13 PM »

yeah, i used to work at taco bell, and the deal is that as long as a car is sitting on the drive through weight (it's the weight that alerts the people inside that there's anyone there), you can hear them talking. so like, after you've ordered, if you don't drive away and get off the weight, the people inside can hear you. also, if you're going back and forth with people in your car about what you want, etc etc, they hear all that too.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
SPACERACE

« Reply #20 on: Jun 11, 2005, 04:36:04 PM »

"Dude, I'm so baked, get me like, four of those."

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
crystalcakes

« Reply #21 on: Jun 11, 2005, 04:48:36 PM »

Yup- I worked at McDonalds.  Same deal.

Also, MANY MANY people came through the drivethrough drinking.  Many of these people had kids in the car.

Quote from: "John"
life is now worthless and I am going to eat cat food & die
robOt

« Reply #22 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:09:24 PM »

coworker: so yeah, we went to baker beach this weekend.
me: oh yeah? i caught crabs there one time.

by time i realized my poor wordmanship it was too late to back pedal. *doh!*
Lindsay With An A

« Reply #23 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:16:07 PM »

One of the best places for overheard conversations is the high school cafeteria.

1. (Girl squirts ketchup onto her cheesesteak; ketchup gets on her shirt.) "Motherfucker! Why do they even have this stuff here?"

(That was one of those things I felt stupider for having heard.)

2. Student to teacher doing cafeteria duty: "Mr. A, what's the French word for 'poop'?"

Mr. A: "Feces."

(long pause)

Mr. A: "Oh, the French word? I don't know French."

Mel Gibson spelled backwards.
John
edit0r

« Reply #24 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:22:51 PM »

Quote from: "Lindsay With An A"

2. Student to teacher doing cafeteria duty: "Mr. A, what's the French word for 'poop'?"

Mr. A: "Feces."

(long pause)

Mr. A: "Oh, the French word? I don't know French."

this needs to be a scene in a movie right now
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Overheard conversations
Jump to: