Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 02, 2014, 12:28:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658067 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 40 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MD/DC/VA People: Fort Reno 2005  (Read 1392 times)
math is money

« on: Jun 20, 2005, 10:15:37 PM »

Most of you in the area probably know about Fort Reno's shows --- now, the bands are not always the greatest, but their are some solid local acts in there.

This is probably the best year ever for Fort Reno -- Ian MacKaye returns to the park -- THE EVENS play June 30th! I can't wait!

And not only that, but Metropolitan closes out the summer, and Q AND NOT U plays on July 16th!!

Is anyone else as pumped as I am about this? Who else is going?

i like my coffee how i like my women: strong, black, and proud.
omymai

« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2005, 12:21:30 AM »

I'm totally excited for Fort Reno!
I've got two reasons to add to those you listed.
My band's playing on this coming THURSDAY! The Fake Accents. YOU SHOULD COME. (And say hi!) My band plays 2nd. This is our first Fort Reno, so we're super excited. Weather looks to be super gorgeous!

Self promotion aside, I'm actually most looking forward to checking out Garland of Hours on August 1, apparently all the members of whom have contributed to Fugazi in some fashion. It's this cellist Amy Dominguez backed by Brendan Canty on drums and Jerry Busher on some other instrument I'm not sure what. I have a soft spot for cello, so it should be really awesome.[/url]

This is going to be the best Bellini Day ever!
math is money

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2005, 02:51:54 AM »

I wish I could come (and I normally would, I'm not far at all), but I'm seeing Ted Leo/Rx and Radio 4 at 930 Sad --- well, actually Smile because I'm really looking forward to that damn show.

I know people who are going, so I'll have em give me a review. Good luck at the show! Hope things go well.

omymai

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:30:02 AM »

dude you could soooo do both fort reno AND ted leo. We'd be off the stage by 8:30. But yeah I understand. Were you at Ted Leo @ fort reno last year and wasn't that the best thing EVER?! The audience wasn't so big because people thought it would get rained out, but really the sky was just looking threatening.

This is going to be the best Bellini Day ever!
nati1107

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:41:09 AM »

i'll be there on thursday! Heart

the dose makes the poison
math is money

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2005, 09:15:28 PM »

Quote from: "omymai"
dude you could soooo do both fort reno AND ted leo. We'd be off the stage by 8:30. But yeah I understand. Were you at Ted Leo @ fort reno last year and wasn't that the best thing EVER?! The audience wasn't so big because people thought it would get rained out, but really the sky was just looking threatening.

hah, yeah I was, it was really awesome. I also loved Q and Not U last year, in addition to Fugazi two years ago (first time I ever got to see them!)

Jaiunchat

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2005, 06:41:48 PM »

I saw Q and Not U when they were last in the capitol area; they totally rocked my chucks.  I had a secret dance off with the girl next to me, but I think we tied because we were both the same amout of smilie-sweaty-awesome at the end of the show.  Soooooo, I'm definitly going out to see them play.

Aside:  Why do they play their best song second?  I mean, shouldn't it be towards the end-ish of a set?

my tropical plants are in my shower.
math is money

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2005, 07:36:15 PM »

It's Q and Not U, they're unique like that.

What I love is that they never play a show the same way twice. Ahhh it makes going to see them EXCITING, because you don't know what you're going to get!

Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: MD/DC/VA People: Fort Reno 2005
Jump to: