Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 09:25:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658134 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Four Hour Gap  (Read 5004 times)
Maaik

« on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:05:06 AM »

So I've begun a new quarter at the Art Institute of Atlanta, and the way my schedule panned out, I've wound up with a four hour gap between classes on Tuesdays.  That's enough time for me to travel home and back, but only just (Conyers to Sandy Springs by MARTA's quite a hike).

The gap occurs between 10 AM and 2 PM.  I'm often without money, but with a monthly MARTA pass, I can travel the city as much as I want.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on a good waste of four hours?  I won't necesarrily rule out anything involving drinking, but again, I'm often without money.

I need anne the man lessons
rockmeamadeus

« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2005, 01:03:06 AM »

That, and showing up to your 2pm class every Tuesday liqoured up would force your body into thinking liqour tuesday was normal. Then, one day you have a test on a Tuesday. And you have to take a test drunk. Then you fail it, drop out of school, end up living in your apartment alone with your plants.

Think about THAT, Mork, m'boy.

Personally, I'd find like a bad-ass park to read in or chill and wish you had more money. Atlanta's got some nice fucking parks.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2005, 02:16:52 AM »

four hour gap?  tats what she hha?d

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
alexandra

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2005, 02:17:21 AM »

this message is now diamonds
Ah_Pook

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2005, 02:26:04 AM »

long breaks in between classes early in the day are the perfect time to do the homework that you were too slack to do the night before

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2005, 03:26:41 AM »

4hour gap wbtewwne sxwit a mna.

Maaik

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2005, 05:34:28 AM »

Quote from: "FreddyKnuckles"
4hour gap wbtewwne sxwit a mna.

I'm going to go with this one.  Thanks everyone.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2005, 07:48:26 AM »

Every fucking quarter, I get stuck with schedules like this. I don't know why, but I haven't had a class load without at least a two-hour gap yet. I've found the time good for sleeping, if there are nice cool, quiet places around your campus in which to do so.

think 'on the road.'
nati1107

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2005, 08:14:16 AM »

sleeping yes, homework too, even studying... how about killing some time in the internet?  maybe learn how to solve a rubiks cube?  how about a new hobbie... origami? jumping pictures? or you could just go to little five points and browse some records, and have some nerd music talk.

the dose makes the poison
Maaik

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2005, 09:32:57 AM »

Quote from: "nati1107"
sleeping yes, homework too, even studying... how about killing some time in the internet?  maybe learn how to solve a rubiks cube?  how about a new hobbie... origami? jumping pictures? or you could just go to little five points and browse some records, and have some nerd music talk.

In our library, there are some tables hidden from the view of the main floor by the stacks by the windows.  I've often slept there.

And Christ, I've just gotten out of my 8 AM class and I don't know how I'm going to make it through the quarter.  It's early in the morning, the prof. speaks softly and uses an overhead, so it's what?  Dark.
DIM(AM+QUIET)=ZZZ

I could go to Little 5s, but Criminal and Wax n Facts aren't the best places for conversation.  In fact, I think every conversation I've had with employees of either place have been terse, frustrating reminders of how much I hate record store clerks.  Athens is much better, and then only Low Yo Yo Stuff.

There's an interesting art gallery downtown near the Rialto that I've been to a few times.  I can systematically ride every single MARTA bus in the area to find out where they go.  But right now, I'm going to goof off on the interent until I decide to go take a nap or eat lunch.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »

Yeah, gaps between classes are the best, because you're bored and FORCED to go somewhere and do your reading/studying.  Because we all know if you wait to do your reading at home you'll just come on LPTJ and waste your evening.  

Also, I apologize for FK.  He was drunk(er than usual) last night.  I got TWO drunken phone messages.  On a Mon. night.  Good work!

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
nati1107

« Reply #11 on: Jul 12, 2005, 10:22:15 AM »

first rule of college: NEVER TAKE 8AM CLASSES

my last semester i barely made it to my 10:10am class, meaning i only went to take the tests, i was like: "do they expect me to be there at such ungodly hour?"

Maaik

« Reply #12 on: Jul 12, 2005, 10:25:48 AM »

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the way the cards fell this time around.  Seriously, there was nothing I could do to my schedule to make it suck any less since a lot of the audio classes only had one time slot available.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #13 on: Jul 12, 2005, 11:52:17 AM »

Quote from: "nati1107"
first rule of college: NEVER TAKE 8AM CLASSES

my last semester i barely made it to my 10:10am class, meaning i only went to take the tests, i was like: "do they expect me to be there at such ungodly hour?"

hah, i know all about this. my second year in college, i scheduled my classes so that i usually didn't have any until after noon. every once in a while i'd have to take one before noon, but then i would absolutely REFUSE to take one before 10.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #14 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:05:38 PM »

Pussies.  When I was in college I got up 5:30 so I could go to work BEFORE classes.

Of course, it's my own fault for going somewhere expensive.  Fat lot of good it did me.  Hey you rich alum connections I was supposed to have!  Where's my 60k per year job, bitches?

nati1107

« Reply #15 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:16:09 PM »

hey! i worked a lot too! but mostly at night... Rolling Eyes

this reminds me of the conversation i had with my brother the other day, he is starting college this fall, and i was asking what he wanted to study and stuff like that... and this dialogue took place:

brother: "nah, i dont want to be a pharmacist, i want to make more money than that"  
natalia: "you mean you want to make more than 90-100K a year?"
brother: "yeah, of course"
natalia: "dont be a biologist then"
brother: "yeah, what were you thinking?"

dieblucasdie

« Reply #16 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:21:52 PM »

haha I think FK and I had an almost identical discussion.

Maaik

« Reply #17 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:23:50 PM »

Did he at any point tell you to have sxwit a mna?

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #18 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:25:33 PM »

i just figured out that that says "have sex with a man" in drunktype. hahahahhahahahahhaha.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:29:17 PM »

Quote from: "Maaik"
Did he at any point tell you to have sxwit a mna?

No, but last night he did leave me the following messages, according to my caller ID, only one minute before submitting that post:

You know that song "Victoria"?  You know: (sings/yells) VICTORIA! VICTORIA! I'm with this girl named Victoria and she thinks it's by The Kinks.  Give me a fucking call.

what's UP?  (long pause) this is drunk Pat.  You KNOW you want a message from drunk Pat.  You love it. (repeated several times)  WOOOOO!  WOOOOO! WOOOOO!

Edit:  Oh wow, Andrew, I totally just thought he was mashing the keyboard.  Nice catch.

Those messages STILL not as good as the time he drunkdialed me because he couldn't remember a line from Cider House Rules (ewww) and thought I might know it.

FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #20 on: Jul 12, 2005, 01:35:34 PM »

hahaha wow,

I don't recall ANY of that.  jebus.

Luckily my boss is super cool and let me come home instead of workin' day.

and before I crash into bed, I'd just like to say that this thread is really really funny to me.

and yeah, that totally says "4 hour gap between sex with a man?" hahaha god I'm sorry.

nati1107

« Reply #21 on: Jul 12, 2005, 01:45:32 PM »

he lives!

davy

« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2005, 03:00:16 PM »

Quote from: "Maaik"

I could go to Little 5s, but Criminal and Wax n Facts aren't the best places for conversation.  In fact, I think every conversation I've had with employees of either place have been terse, frustrating reminders of how much I hate record store clerks.  Athens is much better, and then only Low Yo Yo Stuff.

i was going to ask how close you were going to be to little 5.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
heather marie

« Reply #23 on: Jul 12, 2005, 03:08:44 PM »

go eat onion rings at the varsity. and then go to the cnn center and wait for nancy grace so you can kill her.

i tried the sleeping in between gaps but i never woke up. and then one time, i was sleeping under a tree and it started raining. that was AWESOME. not.
Throoper

« Reply #24 on: Jul 12, 2005, 03:59:44 PM »

You could come to Woodstock and hang out with me. I'd give you green dinosaur cookies from Bruster's, for sure.

Then again, everything else in Woodstock sucks, and I won't even be here starting Sunday, going until August.....15th? Then a week after that, I'm off to school in Maryland again. So maybe I'm a bad suggestion in general. My older brother lives in Woodtsock, too, though, and he's cool.

You could go to the World of Coke every day and stage protests against them putting cocaine in the soda. I think that would be at least a litltle funny and would probably lead to other things that would take up your free time.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Four Hour Gap
Jump to: