Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:08:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658132 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thrift stores and Minnesota  (Read 1259 times)
diesel_powered

« on: Aug 28, 2005, 10:47:17 PM »

Okay, this here's a question for folks in the Minneapolis area. I know there's at least one other one besides me, and I'm pretty sure there may be more than that...

So basically, my question is where the good thrift stores at?

Fall is pretty much here and it's time to replace and expand the wardrobe, but I have no clue where the good thrift stores are.

Tips?

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
cold before sunrise

« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2005, 03:56:22 AM »

without the faintest idea of what you've got in the area i can only make blind stabs at being helpful. it's a long shot but garage sale season isn't over yet? try them. hit anywhere that has used clothes/fabric and attack your findings with a sewing machine? it depends on what kind of look your going for but the gramps style is smoking... if i was a boy and hard up for threads i might volunteer at an old folks home and raid closets of the recently deceased? paying crackheads a few bucks to lift from department stores is bad karma so i won't stand behind that.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
rockmeamadeus

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2005, 10:00:32 AM »

Quote from: "cold before sunrise"
without the faintest idea of what you've got in the area i can only make blind stabs at being helpful.

I love this forum. This statement explains roughly HALF of all our posts.
Wally

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2005, 12:42:45 PM »

Quote from: "diesel_powered"

So basically, my question is where the good thrift stores at?

Ah there's a really good one on the corner of that road you know near that place with the thing.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
justinh

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2005, 09:50:22 PM »

You're looking for CHEAP, right? And not vintage shops and their ilk?  

Personally, my favorite is the UNIQUE chain of thrift stores. I usually go to the one in new hope, which is at winnetka and 35th or so.  There's another unique in st. paul on rice street and larpenteur, and i think there's one in columbia heights somewhere, too.  

Other than that, supposedly the savers on east lake can be good, but i've never been there.  

And then there's that one on penn and about 60th or so, i think it's technically in richfield and i have no idea what it's called, but once in a while i've found some cool stuff there, mostly like ceramic bowls and crafty type things.  

Lately I haven't really found much good stuff thrift-storing.  I'm really after one thing though, stretch denim jeans from ages past that generally seem to retail at these kinds of places for $1.99.  But I haven't found any of those in years.  

And also, on the not-exactly thrift store prices but still cheap tip is everyday people, who have really reasonable prices compared to other vintage establishments.  There's one in dinkytown and another one in uptown on lake and hennepin.
diesel_powered

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2005, 10:13:04 PM »

Wow... a useful post! Wink

Yeah, some people I know have suggested Everyday People, I think I'm gonna check them out.

milly balgeary

« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2005, 03:45:35 PM »

What you do, is you break into people's private houses and just steal their shit.

diesel_powered

« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2005, 04:53:14 AM »

Well yeah, but there's all that spying on people to see if they're my size....

Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Thrift stores and Minnesota
Jump to: