Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 06:15:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658132 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Bowery Ballroom  (Read 1476 times)
jordanmichael

« on: Sep 05, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »

does anyone know if the bowery ballroom lets in people under 21? i really want to go there to see the mountain goats in october, but i can't pass for 21. if it helps, i am going with my best friend and his father, because his dad is a mountain goats fan and we are staying at his apartment in brooklyn heights that night.
Keith from TTIKTDA

« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2005, 12:52:10 PM »

The Bowery Ballroom does not have a set policy, and instead sets it's age restrictions per-show.

The Goats show on Oct. 29th is in fact 21+.

--Keith

http://www.indiekids.org
(YES! I got a domain!)
jordanmichael

« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2005, 12:56:01 PM »

Quote from: "Keith from TTIKTDA"
The Bowery Ballroom does not have a set policy, and instead sets it's age restrictions per-show.

The Goats show on Oct. 29th is in fact 21+.

fuck! this is the second time they are coming to new york city that i missed in a row. maybe i can catch john vanderslice a week or so earlier.
TheVole

« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2005, 04:29:45 PM »

Worth a call to the venue to see if they'll let supervised kids in. Probably not, since this is NYC and people are either extremely laid back about things or severe hardasses, but worth a phone call.

Especially because it's the best venue in the city.

(hi keith!)

Through Communication we learned about Self-Concept.
crystalcakes

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2005, 11:40:39 PM »

I am playing a show that night in Williamsburg and it will be more lax with age.  It is a halloween show and every band is dressing up like some other band and doing a cover set.  I am doing the go-gos with some friends.  

You should come!

Quote from: "John"
life is now worthless and I am going to eat cat food & die
kathryn

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2005, 02:36:33 AM »

Quote from: "jordanmichael"
does anyone know if the bowery ballroom lets in people under 21? i really want to go there to see the mountain goats in october, but i can't pass for 21. if it helps, i am going with my best friend and his father, because his dad is a mountain goats fan and we are staying at his apartment in brooklyn heights that night.

they're playing on halloween, 10/31 at the knitting factory, which is always all ages.

jordanmichael

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2005, 06:33:10 AM »

Quote from: "kathryn"
Quote from: "jordanmichael"

they're playing on halloween, 10/31 at the knitting factory, which is always all ages.

yeah, but i dunno if i can get there on a monday. i tried calling the bowery ballroom, but all i got was a machine.
kathryn

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2005, 10:37:02 AM »

the bowery ballroom's box office is run through the mercury lounge since the same people run both venues. call the merc's box office during between noon and 7pm monday through saturday, and you'll reach a human being.  212-260-4700.

but i'm not sure it's going to gain anything. the bowery is very strict about checking IDs upon entry.

jordanmichael

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2005, 02:38:53 PM »

Quote from: "kathryn"
the bowery ballroom's box office is run through the mercury lounge since the same people run both venues. call the merc's box office during between noon and 7pm monday through saturday, and you'll reach a human being.  212-260-4700.

but i'm not sure it's going to gain anything. the bowery is very strict about checking IDs upon entry.

thanks so much! i called, and no, i won't be able to get in. hopefully i can get a ride on halloween.
Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: The Bowery Ballroom
Jump to: