Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 20, 2014, 06:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657896 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 79 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: "friends with benefits"  (Read 15729 times)
Doctor Bob

« Reply #175 on: Oct 11, 2005, 04:13:34 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew_TSKS"
by the way, have we established for certain that you're female?

I should be so lucky.  All man, I'm afraid.  Well, at least physically all man.
I was being evasive all those weeks ago, thinking one could get by without letting on for sure.  But on threads such as this one I guess it's important.  I hope you're not too heartbroken. :wink:

Edit: I can see how that uncertainty puts a different spin on my previous post.

Yowza. Things happen when you go outside!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #176 on: Oct 11, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »

hahahaha well well. it's cool, was just trying to figure out if you were straight or gay.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Doctor Bob

« Reply #177 on: Oct 11, 2005, 05:42:57 PM »

Straight, but I've a tendency to fall for unavailable (i.e. gay) ladies.  So maybe I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body?

Yowza. Things happen when you go outside!
SPACERACE

« Reply #178 on: Oct 12, 2005, 01:45:26 AM »

I've been openly lesbian for about a year now.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Wally

« Reply #179 on: Oct 12, 2005, 02:38:06 AM »

How's that working for ya Reese?

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
Bernard

« Reply #180 on: Oct 12, 2005, 08:46:46 PM »

Quote from: "DCDave"
Quote from: "stephanie"

PS:  I cringe at the whole "nobody's completely straight" thing, because oh my lord, I am so incredibly straight it occasionally unsettles people, and I do not wish to have the concept put forth that I do not like girls In That Way because I am a) close-minded or b) partially unaware of myself and/or the inner workings of my personality.
I say, nobody should give a damn who anyone else on earth wants to/does go to bed with except themselves and the people they want to/do go to bed with.  Within reason, of course.

Haha. Stephanie I  :heart:  you.

You're like my friend PM. She's known as 'the super-het' around these parts.

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
Bernard

« Reply #181 on: Oct 12, 2005, 08:47:10 PM »

Quote from: "reeseboisse"
I've been openly lesbian for about a year now.

I sort of love you, Reese.

Greg Nog

« Reply #182 on: Oct 12, 2005, 09:28:14 PM »

Quote from: "Good Intentions"
It isn't as much that best-friend relationships become homosexual, but that any relationship has a sexual dimension.

GI, I think you're closer to the truth than jeb was there, but I think it might be more accurate to say that sexuality pervades human existence to a really huge degree; although it happens to get manifested in attraction to opposite- or same-sex friends, I think that a lot of times, those are both just examples of the sort of free-floating sexuality that's always there as background noise.  I dunno, maybe that's not even a constructive way to look at it.  Or maybe it is.  Save me, gender theory!

But hey, on the subject of boys kissing boys?

Cap'n Jazz got that covered.
Wally

« Reply #183 on: Oct 13, 2005, 12:06:57 AM »

Okay I'm kind of curious. Those of you in long term relationships (don't care if they're faithful ones or not)  could you imagine feeling the same way about your partner if they were the opposite gender. Please don't snap at me and say what a moronic hypothetical, a sex change is only a year or so away for any of us.

Personally, and I know this might sound a little superficial but I think I'd have some problems with it, certainly in the majority of my relationships a key factor (from my point of view, certainly not theres) was the physical and if that was altered drastically I may well have backed off a lot quicker then I did.

True this could have something to do with disliking 5 of the 7 a fair bit, and if either of the two I actually cared for had sat me down with a cup of coco and said they wanted a gender swap, I may have been suppotive who knows.

So anyone any ideas on this or am I pissing in the wind again.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #184 on: Oct 13, 2005, 01:42:31 AM »

Quote from: "Greg Nog"
But hey, on the subject of boys kissing boys?

Cap'n Jazz got that covered.

i have the records, so i didn't bother to download that, but is it the original version from the "ghost dance" comp, or the weird piano version that was included on the full-length? i like the original so much better.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Bernard

« Reply #185 on: Oct 13, 2005, 02:09:02 AM »

Quote from: "Wally"
Okay I'm kind of curious. Those of you in long term relationships (don't care if they're faithful ones or not)  could you imagine feeling the same way about your partner if they were the opposite gender.

I don't know if my answer counts, since I'm not straight, but I don't think I'd feel precisely the same way about my current partner if he was female. He's unusually well-balanced and I think that if he were physically female, and raised as a woman, and thus also as an older sister, and eldest daughter -- you know, all of that goes into it -- he'd just be a very different person. Of my exes, though, I think I would like them at least as much and possibly more if they were the opposite gender. (I won't put the word opposite in scare quotes, and will just assume that we're all aware that there are many more options than that.) My exes have tended to be a little extremist -- very intensely masculine or ... not feminine exactly, but womanly. A physical switch would've done most of them quite a lot of good. I'm pretty seriously femme and like to feel a substantial difference in energy between myself and my partner.

difficult

« Reply #186 on: Oct 13, 2005, 10:17:27 AM »

Wally wrote:
Okay I'm kind of curious. Those of you in long term relationships (don't care if they're faithful ones or not) could you imagine feeling the same way about your partner if they were the opposite gender.

Actually, I don't think so. I think I'm too tied up in the interaction we have between our different genders, and the shared history we have, and things realted to that to be able to feel the "same way". In the unlikely event, maybe it's possible to adjust - almost anything is if you try hard enough - but the question does still stand as one of the more impressively odd questions I've had to think about in this respect. Thinking about it does tend to reinforce my straightness, at least in regard to the people I've had long term relationships with.
Interesting line through this thread nonetheless...

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: "friends with benefits"
Jump to: