Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 31, 2014, 01:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657809 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 72 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40
Print
Author Topic: Need tech support? post it here!  (Read 76809 times)
Keith from TTIKTDA

« Reply #825 on: Oct 27, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »

Quote from: "diesel_powered"
Two questions:

1. Does anyone know of a servicable and affordable/free audio cleanup plugin for vinyl? Since I'm playing off the laptop these days, I'm recording all my records and they've seen better days. Hitting them with the D4 helps, but they're DJ records.

Did you check out FinalVinyl? I linked it earlier.

If you want to spend some coin, Soundsoap is no question the best out there though.

http://www.bias-inc.com/products/soundsoap/

--Keith

http://www.indiekids.org
(YES! I got a domain!)
diesel_powered

« Reply #826 on: Oct 28, 2006, 05:30:01 AM »

Quote from: "Keith from TTIKTDA"

Yeah, but that would require buying a $30 piece of hardware that I'm not really keen on investing in since I already have a $550 audio interface. However, $99 for Soundsoap sounds pretty doable, I'll have to check that out.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
nonotyet

« Reply #827 on: Oct 28, 2006, 02:18:47 PM »

So, question:

I pilfer wireless from an unsecured connection in my neighborhood, as I have no money and it is there. The past couple days when I have started up my laptop it connects to the network and says it's online (connection strength low, but there are times when it has said it's Very Low and been the fastest it's ever been so I dunno if that has anything to do with it) but I cannot connect to the internets at all. Repairing the connection seems to do not a damn thing. Given the last time I asked a question about internet connecting all I had to do was unblock a setting, is there a chance that I could have set it to block the internet? Is that the stupidest question I could have possibly asked? Why is it doing this? For obvious reasons, I cannot Consult My Internet Service Provider.

thankyou.
Keith from TTIKTDA

« Reply #828 on: Oct 29, 2006, 08:06:01 PM »

Quote from: "Keith from TTIKTDA"

Yeah, but that would require buying a $30 piece of hardware that I'm not really keen on investing in since I already have a $550 audio interface. However, $99 for Soundsoap sounds pretty doable, I'll have to check that out.

I thought griffin offered a free download of finalvinyl.

Do they not do that anymore?

that sucks.

--Keith

(YES! I got a domain!)
diesel_powered

« Reply #829 on: Oct 29, 2006, 08:28:26 PM »

It only works with Griffin hardware. Crafty bastards.

diesel_powered

« Reply #830 on: Oct 30, 2006, 01:25:27 AM »

And SoundSoap? Fucking brilliant. OMG. BRILLIANT.

Keith from TTIKTDA

« Reply #831 on: Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:30 AM »

And SoundSoap? Fucking brilliant. OMG. BRILLIANT.

Seriously.

I had used the first version and not been too impressed, but when 2 came out, I gave it a second chance, and freaking incredible.

--Keith

(YES! I got a domain!)
hannah

« Reply #832 on: Nov 08, 2006, 01:51:40 PM »

Hey, is this a virus? Each and every time, as of two days ago, I go to search Google in my Firefox whatever-it's-called, you know, next to the place where I enter the URL -- but not when I go directly to Google.com -- an Internet Explorer window pops up, leading me to results from WhenU.com or something. So fucking annoying.
El_Josharino

« Reply #833 on: Nov 08, 2006, 07:49:18 PM »

That sounds like spyware to me.  Try the usual and run Spybot and Adaware (of course first making sure that both are updated) and see where things go from there.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
auto-da-fey

« Reply #834 on: Nov 09, 2006, 06:15:24 PM »

This might have been addressed before, but every so often LPTJ discussion threads open looking something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?
  <!DOCTYPE html (View Source for full doctype...)
- <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr"
- <head
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" /
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css" /
  <link rel="top" href="./index.php" title="LPTJ Forum Index"  

I usually grunt, go follow links at Fleshbot for a few minutes, come back, and they work. Can anyone explain this?
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #835 on: Nov 10, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »

it's an unfixable internet explorer-related xml glitch. start looking at the board with firefox and it will stop happening.

or if you're in the position i'm in, which is that i look at the board at work, where i don't have control of my machine's software, keep doing what you're doing.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
jebreject

« Reply #836 on: Nov 10, 2006, 04:05:31 PM »

can't say i recommend looking at fleshbot at work, though

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
boganlux

« Reply #837 on: Nov 11, 2006, 01:30:28 AM »

Sometimes when I import my CDs to iTunes the AACs come out glitchy. Even if I delete them and reimport them they still do. I have error correction turned on in the importing preferences, but this doesn't help. The only thing that works is to import the track(s) that I'm having problems with as AIFFs and then convert that to AAC. What is up with all of this? I am using an iBook and iTunes 7.0. My CD player is sort of screwed up too, and this might be the problem (it sometimes ejects CDs for no reason, sometimes won't play them at all, and sometimes makes noises while playing/importing/reading CDs), but the problem seems pretty weird. I guess my real question is: is this a hardware problem (and I have to just go out and buy a new CD player) or might it be some sort of software problem? The fact that I can import the files successfully (glitchfree) as AIFF sort of inclines me towards the latter possiblity.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #838 on: Nov 11, 2006, 01:43:13 AM »

It's probably software glitchyness rather than hardware.  iBooks/PowerBooks are notorious for the "random eject" thing:  it's a design flaw that shouldn't affect any of this.

I'd suggest either using LAME and saving your shit as V0 mp3s, or using xACT and saving them as FLACs, whichever you're more down with

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
boganlux

« Reply #839 on: Nov 11, 2006, 02:00:42 AM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"
I'd suggest either using LAME and saving your shit as V0 mp3s

Can you expand on this a little bit or direct me to a website that will explain this? Googling "V0 mp3s" lame turned up 5 results, none of them very useful. Thanks.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #840 on: Nov 11, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »

You can download it here:

http://www.blacktree.com/apps/iTunes-LAME/

it's pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, let me know.

The only thing you need to know is to put in

-V 0 --vbr-new

When you get here:

V0 MP3 is still a lossy format, but it's nice middle ground between crappy 192 (or less) MP3s and full-out lossless.[/img]

dieblucasdie

« Reply #841 on: Nov 11, 2006, 12:20:43 PM »

And, if nothing else, by trying the LAME encoder, you'll be able to figure out if your problem is with iTunes or with the drive.

diesel_powered

« Reply #842 on: Nov 11, 2006, 02:29:38 PM »

Quote from: "boganlux"
Sometimes when I import my CDs to iTunes the AACs come out glitchy. Even if I delete them and reimport them they still do. I have error correction turned on in the importing preferences, but this doesn't help. The only thing that works is to import the track(s) that I'm having problems with as AIFFs and then convert that to AAC. What is up with all of this? I am using an iBook and iTunes 7.0. My CD player is sort of screwed up too, and this might be the problem (it sometimes ejects CDs for no reason, sometimes won't play them at all, and sometimes makes noises while playing/importing/reading CDs), but the problem seems pretty weird. I guess my real question is: is this a hardware problem (and I have to just go out and buy a new CD player) or might it be some sort of software problem? The fact that I can import the files successfully (glitchfree) as AIFF sort of inclines me towards the latter possiblity.

I have the same problem when ripping mp3's and just playing CDs on my powerbook. I'm fairly certain it's a hardware thing, though.

boganlux

« Reply #843 on: Nov 11, 2006, 02:41:38 PM »

So far, that program seems to be working (i.e. making glitchfree mp3s of the songs that used to come out glitchy)! Thanks!
boganlux

« Reply #844 on: Nov 11, 2006, 06:27:30 PM »

Okay, I guess I'll be needing a new CD burner. Any advice on what to get or where to get it from? All I'll be doing for the most part is ripping CDs and burning mix CDs, so I don't think buying a DVD burner would do me any good.
Good Intentions

« Reply #845 on: Nov 13, 2006, 02:34:53 AM »

Around these parts you can't even get new CD writers anymore. That's because DVD writers are dirt, dirt cheap - it should be less than $40 on your side of the Pacific, probably much less. Just get a DVD burner. They're already obsolete, if that makes you feel better.
diesel_powered

« Reply #846 on: Nov 13, 2006, 02:40:19 AM »

Just get a DVD burner. You aren't going to save any money getting a CD burner these days.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #847 on: Nov 13, 2006, 02:45:06 AM »

Note, tho: You need a pretty stacked machine to burn DVDs effectively. I'm running an old PIII and found out the hard way that processor speed means a lot w/r/t burning DVDs.

think 'on the road.'
boganlux

« Reply #848 on: Nov 13, 2006, 02:46:45 AM »

Wow, I haven't seen one less than $90. My computer is a 600 megahertz G3.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #849 on: Nov 13, 2006, 02:54:43 AM »

Well then I would say you're okay. Heathen.

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Need tech support? post it here!
Jump to: