Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 23, 2014, 01:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657765 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 72 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149
Print
Author Topic: open letters to people who won't read them  (Read 205292 times)
Good Intentions

« Reply #3675 on: Feb 04, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »

Quote from: "Killdozersnakeboy"
Dear GI and all who attended.

Yes I probably should have gone but funds were very low. The drunken chicks thing in particular sounds right up my alley. I spoke to a couple of friends who  were there though, and apparently Cakekitchen were somewhat mediocre to say the least.

So be it - next time maybe.

That's a bit unfair. I wouldn't commission Graeme to write an opinion piece, but the man's quite good at putting on a show.
bmc

« Reply #3676 on: Feb 05, 2007, 11:32:27 AM »

Dear WEOS,

You ruined my fucking day.  See, you are the radio station that my clock radio is tuned to.  So when you broadcast dead air between 6:20 AM and 7:00 AM, I don't wake up on time.  I don't know what the fuck went wrong up there, but I'm sure it ruined your day too.  At least, I HOPE SO.

So long,

--bmc

Dear monkeypants,

I'm sorry.  I'll listen to WSKG in the morning from now on.

Ashamed,

--bmc

Dear winter,

You know I love you, and I've been missing you this year.  But really, freezing my pipes this morning just added insult to injury.

Let's never fight again,

--bmc

-bc
Aglaya

« Reply #3677 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:50:51 PM »

Dear G,
  I am so so so glad that you confounded all expectations and turned out to be great.  Your friend was kind of stupid, but you're not bad to have around.  There are problems around you, but I just don't think you're old enough to understand them.  I'm sure I'll see you next weekend!

Pleased to have met you,
Crissee

Dear W,
  Stop being a dickhole.  Seriously.  I don't personally give a shit what you do because I haven't ever allowed myself to be put in a position that you could manipulate me, use me, or fuck me over.  I'm pretty sure you haven't meant to do that to everyone else, but you completely have.  How are you gonna tell your sister, who completely supported you for... I don't know, about 6 months, I think, that you can't afford to buy her a pack of cigarettes?  You have not contributed a single penny to any bills or rent since you have been living here, and now that you're working, buying kittens for your girlfriend is not the way to spend that money.  You're going to help her pay her rent, and you can't help buy groceries for your house?  There is something seriously wrong with that.  Also, you can't not know how you're hurting J.  He's been feeling abandonned and alone ever since D and C got together, and you were the only one who really stuck by him.  Now you've completely left him in the lurch for this girl, and he's feeling really upset and used.  He was your ride, he lent you money, he helped you out, and now you can't even spare a few minutes for the person you used to spend most days with?  I am completely over my crush on you, by the way, because your behavior has been absolutely reprehensible.  G is young, and she reminds me of myself when I was that age, and without malice or realizing what she's doing, she'll probably leave you in the lurch and completely break your heart.  Honestly, you kind of deserve it.  You need to pull your head out of her ass and realize what you're doing to your family and J, who really counts as your family too.  

Completely annoyedly yours,
Crissee

Dear J2,
  New Yankee Workshop Sunday mornings is really one of the highlights of my week.  I'm glad you're there to share it with.

Receiving the rabbet,
Crissee

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
theartlessmonster

« Reply #3678 on: Feb 05, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »

Dear fellow single valentines dayers:

I wanted to share something I read in my Yoga newsletter...

"Commonly known as the month of love, February is the perfect time to show compassion not only to others, but to yourself and the planet as well."

So it gave me an idea that's a great way to honor love as a single person, maybe a little self acceptance love for yourself that is. It's been said you must love and trust yourself before you can love another. Accept your own flaws before you can accept the flaws of another.

I'm still trying to think of something to do for the planet, so any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

So in the compassion for others area, in terms of non-romantic love related gifts, a lasting friendship I think is the ultimate valentines gift to any person you love, so I might try and be a better friend or think of things I can do to be a better friend to people and be more compassionate.

Just thoughts! I know there are other single people here so there you go!

Love,
Mary

Don't be a swiss roll.
El_Josharino

« Reply #3679 on: Feb 06, 2007, 07:25:09 PM »

Dear boss,
Sometime this week when I get around to it, I'm going to stroll into your office like I own the place and ask for a week off in March.  Give it to me.  Please.  kthxbye.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
cool banana

« Reply #3680 on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:16:01 PM »

Dear the weather,
you are too warm.
Love Jason

She's like, so whatever
silentsigh89

« Reply #3681 on: Feb 06, 2007, 09:58:09 PM »

Dear Creepymaninmymomsbed,

You have absolutely no right to touch me. None. Zero. If you ever, ever, ever hit me again? I don't know what I'll do, probably nothing. But seriously. How could you think that was appropriate? You've made it quite clear that the only interaction you'd care to have with me is when I make you dinner if my mom is busy.  You don't get to hit me. It's not part of the deal. At all.

Please leave,

Idon'tlikeyou.

Dear Mom,
Dump him.

-Beth
jebreject

« Reply #3682 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:00:24 PM »

Dear Beth's Mom's Boyfriend,

Most the folks 'round here have baseball bats.  Just so you know.

Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self,

Jeb

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
nonotyet

« Reply #3683 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:05:26 PM »

Dear Manhattan College,

Could you maybe take Beth early? Like, tomorrow? Because I am not actually in possession of a baseball bat.

seriously,

nonotyet.
cool banana

« Reply #3684 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:09:29 PM »

Dear Nips,
do you mind if I call you Nips?
x
Jason

She's like, so whatever
Maaik

« Reply #3685 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:36:40 PM »

dear jason,

not at all!

Heart ,
nips

I need anne the man lessons
das kranke Tier

« Reply #3686 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:41:01 PM »

Quote from: "jebreject"
Dear Beth's Mom's Boyfriend,

Most the folks 'round here have baseball bats.  Just so you know.

Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self,

Jeb

QFT!

And the wherewithal to board a plane to Pennsylvania for an impromptu 'get together'... Evil or Very Mad

Compendious as hell
Maaik

« Reply #3687 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:43:59 PM »

HIT YOU?

HIT YOU?

BETH HE FUCKING HIT YOU?

I'M LIKE TEN SECONDS FROM GASSING UP THE SPECTRA RIGHT NOW.  WHAT THE EVIL FUCK?! Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

I need anne the man lessons
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #3688 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:49:59 PM »

I seriously think you need to be speaking to the police Beth.  You should not let this go on.  The innuendos and now this, you're in a bad situation that's only getting worse.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Good Intentions

« Reply #3689 on: Feb 07, 2007, 12:30:01 AM »

It's time for this person to be removed from your life.
girl

« Reply #3690 on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:06:49 AM »

Beth, this is serious.  Of course he doesn't have a right to hit you, and if your mom won't do anything about it, I agree with Jim.  It's serious enough to get the police involved.

this is a story and you're not in it
Good Intentions

« Reply #3691 on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:28:56 AM »

I'm having trouble thinking of anything useful to say, Beth, because I'm of no use to you here, and the only thing I can articulate is how much I wish death upon this man.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #3692 on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:34:16 AM »

I'm gonna chuck my 2 cents in here and say just leave. Go stay with friends or something. That's probably not practical, but it's better than being where you are. You leaving may even be enough of a kick in the ass for your mum to dump the fucker.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Good Intentions

« Reply #3693 on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:42:30 AM »

I agree. If at all possible, leave. Leave quickly. You're being abused is of no use to anybody.

But it's probably wishful thinking to think that that will be enough to make your mom leave him.
Gracelette

« Reply #3694 on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:57:15 AM »

Dear Beth

I have sent you e-mail. Please read it even if you don't reply.

Lots of love

Gracelette
-x-

Dear Americans Who Are Better-Placed To Know This Stuff Than Some Woman In Italy Who's Just Got Google At Her Disposal

Please start making with the websites, telephone numbers and any other information you've got about resources/support/legal rights available to Beth so that we can arm her to the teeth with whatever advocacy/support/legal protection she needs to stay safe.

Thanks

Gracelette
-x-
jebreject

« Reply #3695 on: Feb 07, 2007, 02:19:40 AM »

Quote from: "Good Intentions"

For fucking serious.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
diesel_powered

« Reply #3696 on: Feb 07, 2007, 02:21:23 AM »

Quote from: "jebreject"
Quote from: "Good Intentions"

For fucking serious.

This is all true.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
dumbfish

« Reply #3697 on: Feb 07, 2007, 02:28:37 AM »

Sorry if I sound ignorant on this, I have no first- or even second-hand experience with this sort of thing, but...  is Beth's situation so cut-and-dried as we're making it out to be?  

Of course dude's an asshole, and of course her life would be better without an abusive dick, but doing that has some pretty heavy consequences.  I couldn't competently find my shoes when I was in high school, and we're all saying Beth has to find a new place to live, right fucking now.

That said, it would be good to start gathering some resources-- ways to get out of the house when you can, places you can go if things get bad.  More long-term, consider starting college or an internship early.  Wanna be a counselor for a summer camp?  Seriously.

And you should talk to your mom sometime the controlling fuckwad isn't around.  You've previously said she's usually pretty unhelpful for you, but she should know what this guy's up to, and that it's not OK with you.  That way, she has to deal with it.  If she chooses to deal by blaming you, well, that's bad.  But give her a chance.

G'luck.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #3698 on: Feb 07, 2007, 02:33:54 AM »

Quote from: "dumbfish"
Sorry if I sound ignorant on this, I have no first- or even second-hand experience with this sort of thing, but...  is Beth's situation so cut-and-dried as we're making it out to be?  

Of course dude's an asshole, and of course her life would be better without an abusive dick, but doing that has some pretty heavy consequences.  I couldn't competently find my shoes when I was in high school, and we're all saying Beth has to find a new place to live, right fucking now.

I'm not saying Beth has to do anything. It's just a suggestion. As far as not being able to find your shoes, people in shitty situations who choose to leave will often get by fine in my experiance, although not without struggles. But it beats the alternative.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Good Intentions

« Reply #3699 on: Feb 07, 2007, 03:08:51 AM »

I disagree, dumbfish. I don't think that there is anything worse that you can do to someone than to make their home unlivable. There is no way to win after the place you sleep becomes a danger zone. I want to say more, but I don't know how prudent it would be, and I'm afraid it would turn into jargon-heavy references to philosophy of interaction, which has almost exclusively taken up my attention for the past two years. But to understand, as an outsider, how extremely damaging this situation is, one has to appreciate how important the private sphere is to the health of an individual, a place where one can take care of the banal and immidiate preconditions of living, and how abuse within this sphere undermines someone's very existence.

All my experience of these things is second-hand, but there is nothing else which lies so heavily on my heart.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: open letters to people who won't read them
Jump to: