Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 01, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657809 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 78 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 137
Print
Author Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee  (Read 175854 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #50 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:37:51 PM »

some alan moore fans writing on that show, i would guess.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Greg Nog

« Reply #51 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:39:20 PM »

Freddy is correct that Rome contains all manner of kickassery.  I been saying this since Day One.  I only got through about half of the season via torrents, so I may just wait and catch up when it's released on DVD.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #52 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:40:35 PM »

totally worth it.  Lots of shady dealings in that show.

cleopatra, comin' at ya

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
crystalcakes

« Reply #53 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:36:10 PM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"

cc, did you know that they show the first scene for the upcoming epsidoe on UPN's website?  In it, we see Duncan only found out that Meg's pregnant when opened that letter, so he didn't know much longer than Veronica.  And from the way he denied Kendall last week, and her "do they chemically castrate you boys at that school" line, I'm pretty sure he didn't do it with her.  Why would he?  His girlfriend is Veronica who:

Hotness has nothing to do with cheating!

Meg's parents are insane though, right?  When is that being reexamined?  

Also, that is bs about Duncan.  He had been visiting her in the hospital all the time and she is really pregnant.  He would have noticed.  Or, maybe noticed the 2nd heart monitor or all of the other signs that this girl is being kept alive because of the baby inside of her.  I don't buy the letter crap.  No way.

Quote from: "John"
life is now worthless and I am going to eat cat food & die
dieblucasdie

« Reply #54 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:39:22 PM »

Well he WAS visiting her all the time, until her parents ran him off.  That was episode 1? or 2?  Veronica visited Meg too, then, and she didn't realize.  And if Veronica can't figure something out, how can we expect poor Donut to figure it out?

Yeah, Meg's parents are a little fucked up.  He said in that interview that they'll come back to it.  Iiiii'm not entirely convinced that Duncan is Meg's babydaddy.  Remember the weird dad who came asked Veronica to his boat to smoke weed and have sex?  Maybe he figured any friend of Meg's would be down?  In that "Like a Virgin" episode last year, she seems all pure at first, but then she's got dirty letters from some guy; went all the way with Duncan.  Her sister is acting out against her parents by being teh slutty, maybe Meg does the same.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
nonotyet

« Reply #55 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:42:12 PM »

And if Veronica can't figure something out, how can we expect poor Donut to figure it out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA....

"Donut."
dieblucasdie

« Reply #56 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:46:13 PM »

Heh, yeah, I wish I could take credit for that, but when creepy Dream Lily is appearing to him last year, she gets frustrated that he's not doing anything about her murder and yells, "WAKE UP DONUT!"

crystalcakes

« Reply #57 on: Dec 07, 2005, 06:00:01 PM »

Well he WAS visiting her all the time, until her parents ran him off.  That was episode 1? or 2?  Veronica visited Meg too, then, and she didn't realize.  And if Veronica can't figure something out, how can we expect poor Donut to figure it out?

Yeah, Meg's parents are a little fucked up.  He said in that interview that they'll come back to it.  Iiiii'm not entirely convinced that Duncan is Meg's babydaddy.  Remember the weird dad who came asked Veronica to his boat to smoke weed and have sex?  Maybe he figured any friend of Meg's would be down?  In that "Like a Virgin" episode last year, she seems all pure at first, but then she's got dirty letters from some guy; went all the way with Duncan.  Her sister is acting out against her parents by being teh slutty, maybe Meg does the same.

I don't know. He was there almost everyday and in her room.  Veronica just stopped by once.  I smell a rat.  I was thinking that it wasn't his either.  But I am sure that would sail over his head.  The dad theory is a good one.  

We can all gather round the water cooler and discuss tomorrow.

diesel_powered

« Reply #58 on: Dec 07, 2005, 06:54:42 PM »

Quote from: "jebreject"
is ultimate frisbee and "disc golfing" the same thing?

For the record, disc golf is like golf only with frisbees, ultimate is like football, only with frisbees.

Glad I could settle that.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
jebreject

« Reply #59 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:37:49 PM »

Sorry, Mike.  Nonotyet beat ya to it:

Jeb: No, no they are not the same thing. One involves teams tackling each other and there are endzones and change of possession and whatnot, and the other is pretty much golf, except with frisbees.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #60 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:44:45 PM »

And, clearly, it's not "disc golfing," it's FOLFING MOTHERFUCKER.

milly balgeary

« Reply #61 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:58:03 PM »

It goes.

1 Carnivale
2 Curb Your Enthusiasm
3 Sopranos
4 Lost
5 Deadwood
6 The Wire
7 Six Feet Under
8 Arrested Development
9 Smallville
10 The New Battlestar Galactica

jebreject

« Reply #62 on: Dec 07, 2005, 08:00:48 PM »

Arrested Development is definitely higher on the list than Curb Your Enthusiasm, Jonny Boy.

milly balgeary

« Reply #63 on: Dec 07, 2005, 08:14:06 PM »

Quote from: "jebreject"
Arrested Development is definitely higher on the list than Curb Your Enthusiasm, Jonny Boy.

Those of us who love Larry, love him Jeb. Like, lots, etc.

Larry David captures the unsolvability of the human crisis perfectly. But, of course Development's got a great cast. It's love for Larry that gives it such a high marking, total personal choice based on that guy's sheer comic awesomeness.

Justin Batemen? What's he done? Besides being the stunt person for the Firefly guy?

dieblucasdie

« Reply #64 on: Dec 07, 2005, 10:10:48 PM »

Well... that was anticlimactic.  I having a feeling this is a case where the UPN promos made too big a deal out of the death thing.  I guessed it, though!  I'm am so smart!  SMRT!  Duncan's totally gonna run off with the baby.  

Logan!  Such a douche!  Why did he destroy those tapes!

That's was a lot of hype over a death that happened off-screen fer chrissakes.

jebreject

« Reply #65 on: Dec 07, 2005, 11:09:16 PM »

Jon, I love Curb, and I love Larry David.  But I still think AD is the better show.

crystalcakes

« Reply #66 on: Dec 08, 2005, 12:54:02 AM »

And, clearly, it's not "disc golfing," it's FOLFING MOTHERFUCKER.

I wish that I didn't know this- but it's actually called FROLF when you play that way.  

Also, yes, what a let down on the ole Veronica Mars tonight.  I was hoping that Logan killed himself after watching those tapes (how weird that he'd watch them, weirdo).  

I lost.

nonotyet

« Reply #67 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:43:39 AM »

Well... that was anticlimactic.  I having a feeling this is a case where the UPN promos made too big a deal out of the death thing.  I guessed it, though!  I'm am so smart!  SMRT!  Duncan's totally gonna run off with the baby.  

Logan!  Such a douche!  Why did he destroy those tapes!

That's was a lot of hype over a death that happened off-screen fer chrissakes.

You are totally smrt. The second Meg started the "If anything happens to me..." speech, I was all aw HELL naw. Also, I found Leo's reasons for taking the tapes in the first place to be way too convenient. And Logan was HURTING. He was TOTALLY CRYING while he was...uh, watching a tape...with his dad...and his dead girlfriend...sexx0ring. Um. YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIS PAIN.

EDIT: Additionally, the Veronica that I have come to know would not go from being that upset with the guy who knocked his ex-girlfriend up to 'aren't I the best? I am the best and I am so cool with all of this' in like four seconds. Veronica is a robot, and Duncan needs to get off my screen, or only be on the screen if someone is beating him.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #68 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:43:18 AM »

Yeah, well, Veronica and Duncan didn't really have time to deal with anything; I think things are still pretty messed up between them.  And the Veronica we know IS good at putting on a brave face to hide her vulnerablitiy, so it seems consistent to me.  ALL I CARE ABOUT IS THAT WALLACE IS BACK. It's funny how Percy Daggs, who started out so shaky, has really started to pwn that character.  Wallace's return had way more emotional resonance than Meg's death.  Again, I think this is an example of the promos hyping the wrong aspects of the episode.  FOX is notorious for this; looks like UPN's gettin' in on the game.

I'm confused.  Logan and Leo seem confident that Aaron will get convicted without the tapes, but Keith said "a conviction is unlikely."

crystalcakes

« Reply #69 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:12:42 AM »

I'm confused.  Logan and Leo seem confident that Aaron will get convicted without the tapes, but Keith said "a conviction is unlikely."

Okay!  I don't get that either.  Also, which conviction?  The one for murdering Lilly or the one for attempting to murder Veronica and Keith?  There's not just one charge he's facing.  So confusing.  Neptune sounds like an awesome place to commit a crime though.  (and, leo is pretty sexy)

dieblucasdie

« Reply #70 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:45:36 AM »

I am so smrt again, because I just went to tv.com to see if Harry Hamlin is going to be in upcoming episodes, cuz that might give a clue, and:

The next episode is called "Donut Run."  So yeah, Duncan is totally going to kidnap the baby.

And the next episode doesn't air until JANUARY 18th.  I knew there was going to be a holiday haitus, but damn.  WTF, world, WTF.

So I don't know.  It would be kind of shitty if Aaron walks.  Then again, it could be interesting, since the Aaron/Logan scenes are some of the best in the series.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #71 on: Dec 08, 2005, 12:05:28 PM »

I really don't dig on AD. It just got canceled, as well, for real this time.

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #72 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:45:53 PM »

But there are still seven episodes left to air, so I have that to look forward to.

Seriously though, how could anyone not like it?  I've known a few people who saw it in passing and didn't like it, but once they were sat down with the DVDs they were captivated by its charm ...

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #73 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:50:35 PM »

i'm with you, jeb, i really like it. and i don't even find (contrary to what other people have said to me) that i have to be caught up to enjoy a particular episode. the voiceover narration is generally enough to help me understand what's going on, so i can then laugh my ass off at the goofy shit jason bateman's family does.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
heather
« Reply #74 on: Dec 08, 2005, 02:10:28 PM »

season finale? that shit was BUSTED.

it was so CC-stylee circa season 7 of the XF. really. the formerly comatose pregnant girl dies? OF COURSE! tie up those loose ends! don't be that interesting at all, story line! huzzah!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 137
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee
Jump to: