Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 21, 2014, 07:58:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658106 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 50 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 137
Print
Author Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee  (Read 178571 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #25 on: Dec 06, 2005, 04:34:35 PM »

Yeah, that's sort of implied at the end of SE3, right? It's been a while...

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #26 on: Dec 06, 2005, 05:55:22 PM »

Now that I think about it, I'm more and more convinced that they're just waiting an episode to kill Meg off like they did in that web-only alternate ending to last week's episode.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
rockmeamadeus

« Reply #27 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:03:25 PM »

Fuck yeah Sopranos. I'm only through the second season, but I love that shit. Getting it through Netflix, dontcha know.

So I got ya back. I like it more than the Wire, Six Feet Under, and most especially Deadwood (holy fuck what horrible writing... dayumn). Haven't seen more than a few episodes of the Wire, though, so if it's greater than I think, I'm willing to give it a try.
Wally

« Reply #28 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

The Wire is indeed greater then you think, possibly greater then any man has ever thunk a teevee thing to be. I love Deadwood, Veronica Mars. Firefly and other 10 or 20 shows, but The Wire god the Wire, only Homicide can compare. I don't give a trouts slap to the touche what anyone says.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
DCDave

« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:11:19 PM »

Quote from: "rockmeamadeus"
Fuck yeah Sopranos. I'm only through the second season, but I love that shit. Getting it through Netflix, dontcha know.

So I got ya back. I like it more than the Wire, Six Feet Under, and most especially Deadwood (holy fuck what horrible writing... dayumn). Haven't seen more than a few episodes of the Wire, though, so if it's greater than I think, I'm willing to give it a try.

311 I AM READY TO FIGHT Sad

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:47:43 PM »

Quote from: "Wally"
The Wire is indeed greater then you think, possibly greater then any man has ever thunk a teevee thing to be. I love Deadwood, Veronica Mars. Firefly and other 10 or 20 shows, but The Wire god the Wire, only Homicide can compare. I don't give a trouts slap to the touche what anyone says.

yes, yes, oh my god yes. the man speaks truth.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
rockmeamadeus

« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »

Ok, sweet. I'll check it out.

But I will continue to rep for Sopranos until you tear my Netflix rentals from my cold, dead fingers.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2005, 07:12:33 PM »

oh sopranos rules, no doubt.

fuck, how'd i miss that it was closing time 12 minutes ago? SEE YOU KIDS LATER!

elpollodiablo

« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2005, 08:44:30 PM »

The thing about the Wire is, it's incredibly dense, almost like a thick-ass crime novel, and you're going to be totally lost if you're not paying very close attention. Coming into a season of the Wire midway would be nearly impossible, as I see it.

The Sopranos is quite dense as well, in that it has more characters than the bible, but it's not plotted out along such strict arcs.

And WTF is this shit about "alternate web-only endings"? That's straight up dumb, yo. Is that like the one that didn't go over so well with the focus group they pulled out of Fashion Bug?

think 'on the road.'
heather
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2005, 08:45:44 PM »

WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE INTERNETS IN THEIR HOME, HUH? DAMN YOU VERONICA MARSSSSS!!!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2005, 08:46:54 PM »

i know nothing about alternate web-only endings. you're right about the wire = thick-ass crime novels. i fucking LOVE thick-ass crime novels. anyone who loves the wire even half as much as i do is highly advised to hunt down the work of george pelecanos, specifically his most recent book "drama city", and the four before it, the "right as rain"/"hell to pay"/"soul circus" quasi-trilogy and "hard revolution", which came after the trilogy but is a prequel to them. get that shit asap dudes.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2005, 09:28:08 PM »

Quote from: "elpollodiablo"
And WTF is this shit about "alternate web-only endings"? That's straight up dumb, yo. Is that like the one that didn't go over so well with the focus group they pulled out of Fashion Bug?

Yeah, you can thank Joel Silver for that.   He's a consulting producer on the show and every now and then tries to do things to get a bigger audience.  Like that one episode where he stunt-cast Paris Hilton.  I wish I was joking.  It's such a good show, that I wouldn't mind hijinks like this if, you know, they actually worked and got more people to watch it.

VM also has the thick-ass crime novel thing going for it, only mixed with teen melodrama.  It's the kind of thing that's sold by the line-by-line dialogue and the terrific acting.

nati1107

« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2005, 09:39:05 PM »

Quote from: "DCDave"
I say things like "Fuck if I know the fucker" all the time.

in my boyfriend's last play he had to say fuck on every other line, my favorite was: "fuck you, fuck"

edit to add on topic stuff: LOST and the sopranos rule, and did anyone followed rome, that was awesome... and extras too.

the dose makes the poison
jebreject

« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2005, 09:59:55 PM »

I love the Sopranos I've seen, but I've never actually followed it.  Hopefully one of these months I can just sit in front of the tv for long enough to watch the entire thing in one long go.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #39 on: Dec 06, 2005, 10:01:26 PM »

i have so much trouble with getting headaches from tvs and computers that just the thought of that makes me want to throw up.

swilkes

« Reply #40 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:05:51 AM »

Is this the thread where me & Wally can talk about Homicide? Would it be really cool, or really lame, if they did a reunion show? My money's on the latter, but I wish there were a time machine to go back and knock heads and make that show go on forever.
Wally

« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:18:27 AM »

Bayliss and Pembleton the greatest love story of modern times.
The slow decline of Kellerman.
Al Giardello, smokin hot for an old fat dude.
Munch the reincarnation of Edgar Allen Poe.
Meg Russert a delight or dispair
Kay Howard a bad ass motherfucker.
Meldrick Lewis seen it all with those eyes.
And many more of the most wonderful characters.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
crystalcakes

« Reply #42 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:58:19 AM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"

Yeah, you can thank Joel Silver for that.   He's a consulting producer on the show and every now and then tries to do things to get a bigger audience.  Like that one episode where he stunt-cast Paris Hilton.  I wish I was joking.  It's such a good show, that I wouldn't mind hijinks like this if, you know, they actually worked and got more people to watch it.

VM also has the thick-ass crime novel thing going for it, only mixed with teen melodrama.  It's the kind of thing that's sold by the line-by-line dialogue and the terrific acting.

So I was doing some research on Ultimate Frisbee and, hilariously, Joel Silver is credited with making it into an organized sport when he was at a snooty boarding school or something.  Store that up in the useless knowledge part of the ole noggin.

Veronica Mars- I really liked the ending they showed.  Is Duncan really that stupid?  He wasn't going to say anything?????  NUTS.  Also, what happened with him and Cordelia?  She said she had been in his bed.  WTF.  Duncan has pretty much lost me.  (I didn't watch the web ending but was the bun in the oven still in it, or was it lost also?)

The amazing race is SHIT this season.  Seriously.  Worst season ever.

Quote from: "John"
life is now worthless and I am going to eat cat food & die
jebreject

« Reply #43 on: Dec 07, 2005, 02:16:37 AM »

is ultimate frisbee and "disc golfing" the same thing?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
swilkes

« Reply #44 on: Dec 07, 2005, 02:44:49 AM »

Quote from: "Wally"

Al Giardello, smokin hot for an old fat dude.

Fuckin YES. I love when he gets his Sicilian up.
nonotyet

« Reply #45 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:21:09 AM »

Quote from: "crystalcakes"

Veronica Mars- I really liked the ending they showed.  Is Duncan really that stupid?  He wasn't going to say anything?????  NUTS.  Also, what happened with him and Cordelia?  She said she had been in his bed.  WTF.  Duncan has pretty much lost me.  (I didn't watch the web ending but was the bun in the oven still in it, or was it lost also?)

I didn't watch the alternate ending either, but thanks to someone who did, here is a summary: It's the same up till Veronica finds pregnant Meg. Then she hears someone coming, so she ducks into the
stairwell.  Instead of leaving, like she does in the original ending, she stays and listens.  Meg's mom comes in, and says, "They turned down your songs again," and turns on some gospel-ey music.  Then she says some comforting things to her daughter, then says, "I'll see you soon." and leaves.  Veronica doesn't see this, only hears it.  She comes back into
the room to find Meg flatlining, and a pillow over her head.  She pulls the pillow off, and a nurse runs in and finds her standing there holding the pillow.

LAME.
 Jeb: No, no they are not the same thing. One involves teams tackling each other and there are endzones and change of possession and whatnot, and the other is pretty much golf, except with frisbees.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #46 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:37:18 AM »

Yeah, actually there's a frighteningly comprehensive interview with the show's creator on UPN's website, and he talks about the alternate ending.  Basically Joel Silver wanted to do it, and forced all the writers to go back and come up with a different ending.  They already had the ending they wanted, so they just made up something wacky.  He also kinda accidentially spoils that Wallace is coming back, so I'm pretty sure he's not tonight's casuality.

cc, did you know that they show the first scene for the upcoming epsidoe on UPN's website?  In it, we see Duncan only found out that Meg's pregnant when opened that letter, so he didn't know much longer than Veronica.  And from the way he denied Kendall last week, and her "do they chemically castrate you boys at that school" line, I'm pretty sure he didn't do it with her.  Why would he?  His girlfriend is Veronica who:

1)  is too hot to cheat on
2)  is not the kind of person you want trying to revenge herself on you

But yeah, Duncan is the show's weak link, for sure.

Edit:  He also claims there will be a TWOP shout-out in the background of tonight's episode, and he talks repeatedly about posting and reading posts on internet message boards.  Ahahaha.  Also, the UPN site crashes Firefox every time.  Just warnin'.

nonotyet

« Reply #47 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:56:56 PM »

Dude, it's totally going to be Backup. Razz
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #48 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:25:29 PM »

Did any of you guys watch Rome start to finish on HBO.  That show was pretty rad.  Pullo and Vorenus' gladiator scene makes Russel Crowe look like a little sissy bitch.

see the weapon that homie is holding?  Vorenus puts that shit into the top of his shoulder, so the mace part is sitting next to his head.

um, good dialogue (and nakey, hey, its rome) in addition to the violence.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #49 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:26:50 PM »

oh yeah... and they make a bloated corpse raft in one episode.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 137
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee
Jump to: