Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 01, 2014, 10:02:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657938 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 79 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 137
Print
Author Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee  (Read 177026 times)
Wally

« Reply #325 on: Feb 11, 2006, 02:32:59 AM »

AD is wonderfully funny, but it will never be as funny as anything Dylan Moran has ever done, Black Books was awesome, but How do you want me was even better.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
jebreject

« Reply #326 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:17:29 AM »

I can't find a way to see that.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Wally

« Reply #327 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:21:44 AM »

Oh Jebby yes you can.

Well I'm sure we'll work something out.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
jebreject

« Reply #328 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:37:39 AM »

Please let's!

heather marie

« Reply #329 on: Feb 11, 2006, 09:32:09 AM »

Quote from: "mountmccabe"
Quote from: "heather marie"
i didn't get home until 9-ish, so i taped it and i'm gonna watch it tomorrow. but yeah, i think we had a talk somewhere in this thread about shows ending in their prime. not that i could ever major AD getting to the point where you're like "OMG STOP STOP STOP JUST SHOOT ME" ..i get what you're saying.

Just Shoot Me never had a prime.

ha ha ha.
heather marie

« Reply #330 on: Feb 11, 2006, 12:15:16 PM »

okay, that was the best damn season finale i've ever seen.

MUNCH! that made my fucking night.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #331 on: Feb 11, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »

"Ladies and gentlemen, Bud Court is now in session."

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
heather marie

« Reply #332 on: Feb 11, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »

Quote from: "RoyBiggins"
"Ladies and gentlemen, Bud Court is now in session."

SO AMAZING.
i just want to interject and say that when i saw life aquatic and realized that it was bud cort, aka HAROLD aka omgitotallyhadacrushonhimwheniwas10, i fucking flipped.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #333 on: Feb 11, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »

wait, bud cort's in that movie? who does he play?

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #334 on: Feb 11, 2006, 12:54:01 PM »

The bond company stooge.

"Is that my espresso machine?  Where'd you get that?"

"We fuckin' stole it, man."

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #335 on: Feb 11, 2006, 01:07:35 PM »

i need to see it again, then. i don't remember that part at all.

jebreject

« Reply #336 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

Quote from: "heather marie"
okay, that was the best damn season finale i've ever seen.

MUNCH! that made my fucking night.

OMFG YES THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I WANT TO TALK ABOUT BUT I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN

I should have taped the episodes, though, so I could watch them again and again.  Maybe I'll see if I can download them.

heather marie

« Reply #337 on: Feb 11, 2006, 04:05:23 PM »

yeah, i think i'm gonna download it so i don't have to fast forward through all the commercials.

speaking of commercials: did you SEE the previews for the two new ridiculous shows coming out on fox? ahgkdghsdgh ..well, i shouldn't even get started. but, you know.
heather marie

« Reply #338 on: Feb 11, 2006, 04:07:02 PM »

oh oh oh, the part where i couldn't stop laughing and my dad was like WHAT THE HELL and then i pressed rewind and then he couldn't stop laughing and it's just typical for AD but still, i don't know:

[not verbatim]
"how's nellie doing?"
"you're supposed to say 'away' after that.'
"again, you need to add 'away' to that sentence."

"so, apparently, nellie has blown everyone.........away."
jebreject

« Reply #339 on: Feb 11, 2006, 07:00:22 PM »

I think I'm going to burn all of Season Three to a DVD so I can watch it all the way through tonight.  None of the horrible month-long waits we had to deal with originally.

Funkyboss

« Reply #340 on: Feb 12, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »

Like others, I loved the AD finale, and while I'll miss it, it ended so... perfectly.  Now. the best comedy on network TV is the Office.  Seriously, if you wrote it off as being a lame imitation of the BBC version, you're wrong.

I didn't get a chance to read this entire thread, but someone please tell me that there are some people watching Battlestar Galactica.  Me and my wife tore through the DVDs in about a week, and out of the 5 or so episodes that have aired since, there's only been 1 mediocre one.
Greg Nog

« Reply #341 on: Feb 12, 2006, 04:05:48 PM »

Oh MY GOD.  I've been watching it, nonstop.  I just finished Season 2, Episode 12.  The one with (Spoiler) The KISS.

Also, elpollodiablo started a thread in Departure Lounge about how Sharon Valerii died.  It's really sad, although apparently I must have missed out on some subtext or something, 'cause everyone keeps talking about how much she ate.  I guess I missed that episode or something.
nonotyet

« Reply #342 on: Feb 12, 2006, 04:12:51 PM »

Quote from: "Greg Nog"
Oh MY GOD.  I've been watching it, nonstop.  I just finished Season 2, Episode 12.  The one with (Spoiler) The KISS.

OH MY GOD me too, except I am only through the first season. (And yes, it's very hard kind of knowing what happens in the second season but having seen the first season finale and it leaving me a hollow empty shell going OH MY GOD HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME OH MY GOD. What I love about the series is that it really, truly does inspire the watcher to call or email other people who are familiar with it and yell "OH MY GOD" for five minutes straight. I honestly never saw myself as a consumer of sci-fi, but I am apparently a TOTAL, TOTAL SCI-FI NERD.
Greg, your spoiler was very puzzling.
Greg Nog

« Reply #343 on: Feb 12, 2006, 06:00:53 PM »

Quote from: "nonotyet"
What I love about the series is that it really, truly does inspire the watcher to call or email other people who are familiar with it and yell "OH MY GOD" for five minutes straight. I honestly never saw myself as a consumer of sci-fi, but I am apparently a TOTAL, TOTAL SCI-FI NERD.

After I saw the episode I mentioned, I did indeed scurry around my apartment, shouting "O-M-G!  O-M-G!  O-M-G!  NONOTYET'S GOTTA SEE THIS SHIZZLE!!!!"
mountmccabe

« Reply #344 on: Feb 13, 2006, 12:03:48 AM »

I honestly never saw myself as a consumer of sci-fi, but I am apparently a TOTAL, TOTAL SCI-FI NERD.

The appeal of Battlestar Galactica does not necessarily have anything to do with the classic sci-fi elements of the show.  This is naturalistic sci-fi; it is more of a drama/action show than the aliens and technobable space operas that make up the brunt of the genre.

Also it was about episode 12.  You said that but I didn't realize what that meant.  I realized it meant the 12th episode but I didn't realize that what I hadn't watched from Friday was the 16th episode.

Well, just now I watched it.  And came back to look at Greg's spoiler.  And felt silly.  But I just watched BSG so it's OK.

You know a pancake?
Greg Nog

« Reply #345 on: Feb 13, 2006, 11:50:03 AM »

Quote from: "mountmccabe"
I honestly never saw myself as a consumer of sci-fi, but I am apparently a TOTAL, TOTAL SCI-FI NERD.

The appeal of Battlestar Galactica does not necessarily have anything to do with the classic sci-fi elements of the show.  This is naturalistic sci-fi; it is more of a drama/action show than the aliens and technobable space operas that make up the brunt of the genre.

This is very true, and allows me another opportunity to talk once again about how underrated Deep Space Nine was.  So... yeah.  Go watch DS9.  It's like a more-colorful, less-grim version of BSG.  With Klingon food!

Also fun: the doctor on DS9?  Looks EXACTLY like the doctor on BSG!  CRAZYTOWN IN SPACE!
nonotyet

« Reply #346 on: Feb 13, 2006, 11:56:23 AM »

OMG

That is KREEPY. Do they both have British accents?
Greg Nog

« Reply #347 on: Feb 13, 2006, 12:04:53 PM »

HELLS YES they do!  

The first time I saw BSG, I shouted "Holy Crap!  It's Doctor Bashir!"  I then spent the next two hours going, "wait... maybe not?  Maybe yes?  Did Bashir just change his name again?  What's he doing here?  What's happening?  Bashir?  Bashir?"
Maaik

« Reply #348 on: Feb 13, 2006, 05:14:53 PM »

I caught an episode of Desperate Housewives last night cos tMO's into it.  I wanted to set everyone on fire.  What a terrible show.

I need anne the man lessons
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #349 on: Feb 13, 2006, 05:15:34 PM »

hahahaha sounds like me watching "curb your enthusiasm."

i'm starting to warm up to the show, but i still want to set everyone in it on fire.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 137
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee
Jump to: