Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 20, 2014, 09:14:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658203 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 ... 137
Print
Author Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee  (Read 179514 times)
nonotyet

« Reply #3125 on: Dec 02, 2006, 05:03:57 PM »

Meanwhile, last night's BG episode was one long Displaced Sexual Tension Fanfic Shipper Whatever Internet Term Here 101 lesson. Which my friend hated because nothing happened, but I loved, because cmon, Adama and Roslin smoked future weeeeeeeeeeed.
I love them.
Wally

« Reply #3126 on: Dec 02, 2006, 05:09:25 PM »

If Miles can get over Paris Hilton then there is a small chance he'll be taken away on a small crest of a wave until he's sailing the LoVe ship enterprise.

Of course better men then he have been drowned underneath the sheer ghastliness of that bloody vagina.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #3127 on: Dec 02, 2006, 05:14:52 PM »

Yeah, if it weren't for the fact that I respect the opinions of all you guys and you've been talking this shit up for more than a year now, the Hilton factor alone would be enough to make me never watch it. I mean, ya gotta admit, if I came on full-force excited about a show you'd never seen and the salient point that came across in the deluge of exultation was 'There's an episode with Paris Hilton!', you'd laugh in my fucking face.

It's downloading at home right now. I'll watch the first episode when I get back from the bar.

think 'on the road.'
El_Josharino

« Reply #3128 on: Dec 02, 2006, 06:08:47 PM »

Quote from: "mountmccabe"
the final ep of each half season is not to be missed.

SERIOUSLY.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Wally

« Reply #3129 on: Dec 03, 2006, 02:48:14 AM »

Quote from: "nonotyet"
Meanwhile, last night's BG episode was one long Displaced Sexual Tension Fanfic Shipper Whatever Internet Term Here 101 lesson. Which my friend hated because nothing happened, but I loved, because cmon, Adama and Roslin smoked future weeeeeeeeeeed.
I love them.

Boxing, drinking, and hate fucking in space. Now that's good tv. Are Lee and Kara the most dysfunctional people ever to put on a spacesuit?

Adama you got your ass handed to you by Chief after Rosalyn had tapped it. Oh how bitter love can be!

milly balgeary

« Reply #3130 on: Dec 04, 2006, 12:24:38 PM »

I watched the rest of season 2.0 and the 1st disc of 2.5 (battlestar galactica), and I was like, Damnnnn! Nigga! Wuss up with that bitch on the other Battlestar! She had this long straight hair and was the first person I've ever seen who fits the description which has been used in many books "older, handsome woman".

Wally

« Reply #3131 on: Dec 04, 2006, 12:28:22 PM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"
I watched the rest of season 2.0 and the 1st disc of 2.5 (battlestar galactica), and I was like, Damnnnn! Nigga! Wuss up with that bitch on the other Battlestar! She had this long straight hair and was the first person I've ever seen who fits the description which has been used in many books "older, handsome woman".

Michelle Forbes aka Dr Cox from Homicide life on the Street. She seems to play "bad ass take no bullshit whiskey drinking motherfuckers" all the time and does a damn good job of it. You just know that story her Xo told Tigh is the stone cold truth.

Greg Nog

« Reply #3132 on: Dec 04, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »

She was also Ensign Ro on Star Trek: The Next Generation.  She was younger then, and similarly "smoking".
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3133 on: Dec 04, 2006, 01:29:28 PM »

i have one episode left of "the wire", and two left of season one of "veronica mars". season two of "veronica mars" arrived at the store the other day, too, so we'll be able to jump right into that when we finish with season one.

anyway, the end of the second-to-last episode of "the wire" was AWFUL. poor randy! holy fuck! i really hope, based on talk you guys were having earlier this year, that's it's not gonna get WORSE in the last episode. i don't know if i could take that.

on the other hand, carcetti's really getting some shit done. that warmed my heart. and i am so glad to see lester getting major crimes up and running again.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Wally

« Reply #3134 on: Dec 04, 2006, 04:35:51 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew_TSKS"

anyway, the end of the second-to-last episode of "the wire" was AWFUL. poor randy! holy fuck! i really hope, based on talk you guys were having earlier this year, that's it's not gonna get WORSE in the last episode. i don't know if i could take that.

on the other hand, carcetti's really getting some shit done. that warmed my heart. and i am so glad to see lester getting major crimes up and running again.

No spoliers here Andrew I ain't refering to anything in the final episode.
Dude, like I said way way way back when then the series first began of course it's going to get worse, 'cause even if they all live through the series they're pretty much entirely trapped in that enviroment with only the very luckiest being offered any way out through something other then drugs.

Oh yeah you should check out the David Simon interview over on Slate, every time that man speaks I admire him that little bit more.

As far as the Carcetti thing is concerned you know that series 5 is going to offer him plenty of ways to fail himself and his city.

Wally

« Reply #3135 on: Dec 04, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »

Does anyone know where I can download a free dvd burning software thingy so I can put the Wire on dvd for people who need to watch this thing?

hannah

« Reply #3136 on: Dec 04, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »

I am finally catching up on the third season of Arrested Development. Hilarious!

Well, in truth, we rented only the first disc from Blockbuster and watched it this weekend. Now I am home alone, unable to go to Blockbuster (unless I am willing to fend for myself along the fuel-clogged streets and then to brave one of the nastiest intersections this side of Wilshire and Santa Monica Blvds), which means I am rewatching episodes I saw but a day ago. I even went so far as to watch with the cast-and-crew commentary; why don't I ever remember that the Arrested Development commentary is NEVER funny and ALWAYS excruciating? Gah!
auto-da-fey

« Reply #3137 on: Dec 04, 2006, 08:29:53 PM »

Quote from: "hannah"
and then to brave one of the nastiest intersections this side of Wilshire and Santa Monica Blvds)

Hey, is that the one at the five-way intersection where Hollywood Blvd. dies? Because I used to see Keith Morris from the Circle Jerks renting there like all the fucking time. I can count my celebrity sightings in five years of Los Angeles on one hand, and that's counting Martin Landau and Mike White, but I would see both Keith Morris and Franklin Bruno on a near-weekly basis.

Anyway.
heather marie

« Reply #3138 on: Dec 05, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »

Veronica Mars realization:
I'm watching the first episode (rerun time) and I just realized that as Veronica walked into Parker/Mac's room and it was when Parker was being raped that Mercer's radio show is playing. Damn, these people are good.
Good Intentions

« Reply #3139 on: Dec 05, 2006, 09:59:50 PM »

Quote from: "Wally"
Does anyone know where I can download a free dvd burning software thingy so I can put the Wire on dvd for people who need to watch this thing?

DVDShrink - for managing the filesizes - does a pretty great job at compression if you give it time.

List of free burning software.
girl

« Reply #3140 on: Dec 05, 2006, 11:09:37 PM »

Season 2 Disc 1 of The Wire finally came from Netflix!  

This is like the best show ever!

this is a story and you're not in it
milly balgeary

« Reply #3141 on: Dec 06, 2006, 12:34:20 AM »

girl, back in the day i watched that season 1 shit on hbo and i didn't get it because from week to week for some reason that first season was way confusing. that was back when hbo had this show called mind of a married man which never came back for a 2nd season. i didn't really like it, back then, because i'd forget what was going on and then there'd be all this bs. then i netflix'd season 2 to see if it got better and i was floored. i just netflixed season 1 again to watch in some kind of wire marathon, and added homocide to my que. i'm crazy about that d simon character. there's an interview with him on slate, a couple days past.

girl

« Reply #3142 on: Dec 06, 2006, 12:54:21 AM »

Since I don't have cable, I have no proof for this theory, but I would imagine that The Wire benefits from watching it back-to-back on dvd, because the plot is so intricate.  At this point, I'm pretty much completely obsessed with it.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3143 on: Dec 06, 2006, 01:00:21 AM »

it's not essential though--my friend brandon and i have watched the most recent two seasons week by week and followed the plot fine. every once in a while one of us will go "wait, who's that again?" or some such, but the other one always knows.

lesson: watch it with a friend!

girl

« Reply #3144 on: Dec 07, 2006, 08:55:35 PM »

Don't answer this, because I don't really want to know, but is The Wire gonna keep killing off all my favorite characters?  I really liked D'Angelo!

Also, there's a commentary track on the third disc of season 2 with Omar and McNulty.  McNulty is British?!  Who knew?

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3145 on: Dec 07, 2006, 10:13:26 PM »

you couldn't tell mcnulty was british the first time he opened his mouth? i mean, to be honest i thought he was irish, but yeah, i could hear the accent the second he opened his mouth. maybe i'm weird.

in other news, i saw the last episode of season four. oh godddd. i can't wait for season 5 to start already. i don't wanna go into spoilers but they've set so much awesome shit up for it, i just can't wait.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #3146 on: Dec 07, 2006, 10:33:07 PM »

I think he does a fine mid-Atlantic accent tho, don't you? Or do you mean it was so totally unconvincing that you saw through it immediately? There are always telltale signs, like with words ending in vowels n' such, but I think he does a great job. It was hilarious in season 2 when they send him into the brothel and he's doing that absolutely terrible British accent.

I'll tell you who does a FLAWLESS accent, and that's Idris Elba aka Stringer Bell. Dude's British!

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #3147 on: Dec 07, 2006, 10:35:59 PM »

oh yeah, he does fine, there was just some kind of lilt there that i couldn't help but hear.

i had no idea stringer was british. that's insane.

girl

« Reply #3148 on: Dec 07, 2006, 10:41:24 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew_TSKS"
you couldn't tell mcnulty was british the first time he opened his mouth?

Nope.  I didn't think he was from Baltimore, but I didn't expect him to be British.

Quote from: "elpollodiablo"

I'll tell you who does a FLAWLESS accent, and that's Idris Elba aka Stringer Bell. Dude's British!

No way!  Holy cow, he's good!

milly balgeary

« Reply #3149 on: Dec 07, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »

shit, i thought they was all from baltimore for real like just people they picked out of a lineup to star.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 ... 137
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee
Jump to: