*
*
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 30, 2014, 08:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658067 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 59 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137
Print
Author Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee  (Read 178239 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
jebreject
Registered user

Posts: 27071


« Reply #3250 on: Jan 11, 2007, 09:33:17 AM »

hell yeah, on the 22nd we have heroes, on the 23rd we have v mars.  what more could a man ask for?
Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
elpollodiablo
Registered user

Posts: 32624


« Reply #3251 on: Jan 11, 2007, 11:54:57 AM »

I thought Heroes got canned?
Logged

think 'on the road.'
nonotyet
Registered user

Posts: 7691


« Reply #3252 on: Jan 11, 2007, 11:59:27 AM »

Heroes is not canned yet, as far as I know, but Veronica Mars is still up for like a six-episode arc starting the 23rd and then it is dunzo.
Which is to say, WHERE WERE ALL YOU FUCKERS WHEN WE NEEDED YOU.
Logged
heather marie
Registered user

Posts: 5753


« Reply #3253 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:01:42 PM »

Quote from: "nonotyet"
Heroes is not canned yet, as far as I know, but Veronica Mars is still up for like a six-episode arc starting the 23rd and then it is dunzo.
Which is to say, WHERE WERE ALL YOU FUCKERS WHEN WE NEEDED YOU.


Wait, was there official word that it's been canceled? WHAT WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS
Logged
nonotyet
Registered user

Posts: 7691


« Reply #3254 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »

I don't think anything is official yet, but the ratings have been tanking, like worse than Season 2's rerun ratings, and basically I am used to EVERYTHING I LOVE BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM ME (see also: Friday Night Lights, though at least it seems like NBC is fighting for the show instead of airing basketball games in its timeslot), so I am preparing myself for the worst.

And perhaps if we keep speculating about Veronica Mars Blucas will come back and school us. Perhaps it is like chanting Bloody Mary in the mirror.
Logged
Andrew_TSKS
Registered user

Posts: 39426


« Reply #3255 on: Jan 11, 2007, 01:10:20 PM »

fuck, dudes, it's not like there's anything any one of us can do about ratings of any show. fact is, there are probably just as many people watching veronica mars as ever, and they just aren't neilsen families.

i really want the day to come when neilsens are made obsolete in favor of digital cable being sophisticated enough to record what everyone is watching as they watch it.
Logged

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
jebreject
Registered user

Posts: 27071


« Reply #3256 on: Jan 11, 2007, 07:53:46 PM »

Quote from: "nonotyet"
Heroes is not canned yet


I don't think it's going to be canned.  I mean, it had the highest rating for a drama premiere on NBC in the last five years, and it's getting all kinds of awards and stuff.  I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I see it getting renewed for another season.
Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jebreject
Registered user

Posts: 27071


« Reply #3257 on: Jan 11, 2007, 07:55:53 PM »

Oh shit dudes this is weird:

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
On October 2, 2006, Emerson Electric Company, an appliance market competitor of NBC's owner General Electric, filed suit in federal court against NBC. The suit was in regards to a scene that appeared in "Genesis," the pilot episode, which depicts Claire Bennet reaching into an active garbage disposal unit—labeled "In-Sink-Erator"—to retrieve a ring, and severely injuring her hand in the process. Emerson claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Emerson is asking for a ruling barring future broadcasts of the pilot, which was previously available on NBC's Web site and has already aired on NBC Universal-owned cable networks USA and Sci Fi. It also seeks to block NBC from using any Emerson trademarks in the future.

The episode in question was briefly unavailable in the iTunes Store, but an edited version was shortly made available for download.
Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
lastbubble
Registered user

Posts: 227


« Reply #3258 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew_TSKS"
i really want the day to come when neilsens are made obsolete in favor of digital cable being sophisticated enough to record what everyone is watching as they watch it.


how about this:

Quote
[A team led by Dr. Mordecai Gal-Or] recently developed a highly complex model to discover specific viewer characteristics, such as gender, age, and income level, as well as psychographic and purchase behavior traits based on viewers' television preferences. Jovio permissively profiles viewers to create unique footprints for highly targeted ad delivery. In exchange, viewers may receive Personal Video Recorders (PVRs) and digital cable services at low or no charge.
http://www.taborcommunications.com/dsstar/01/0731/103328.html

wasn't Dr. Gal-Or the one who warned us about the seismic activity that would tear our planet apart?

p.s.: the link in the article is bogus... looks like it should be http://www.msa-jovio.com.
Logged

Writhe in a cage of torment, my friend!
elpollodiablo
Registered user

Posts: 32624


« Reply #3259 on: Jan 11, 2007, 10:43:24 PM »

Quote from: "jebreject"
Oh shit dudes this is weird:

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
On October 2, 2006, Emerson Electric Company, an appliance market competitor of NBC's owner General Electric, filed suit in federal court against NBC. The suit was in regards to a scene that appeared in "Genesis," the pilot episode, which depicts Claire Bennet reaching into an active garbage disposal unit—labeled "In-Sink-Erator"—to retrieve a ring, and severely injuring her hand in the process. Emerson claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Emerson is asking for a ruling barring future broadcasts of the pilot, which was previously available on NBC's Web site and has already aired on NBC Universal-owned cable networks USA and Sci Fi. It also seeks to block NBC from using any Emerson trademarks in the future.

The episode in question was briefly unavailable in the iTunes Store, but an edited version was shortly made available for download.


So EEC's official stance is that it's totes cool to stick your hand into a running garbage disposal?
Logged

think 'on the road.'
jebreject
Registered user

Posts: 27071


« Reply #3260 on: Jan 12, 2007, 07:19:39 AM »

That's what I gleaned
Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
difficult
Registered user

Posts: 2175


« Reply #3261 on: Jan 12, 2007, 07:22:19 AM »

Seems fair to me. I'll just go try it out. Back in a minute.
Logged

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
El_Josharino
Registered user

Posts: 7483


« Reply #3262 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:09:37 PM »

Hey dudefaces, when does Battlestar Galactica get going again?
Logged

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
nonotyet
Registered user

Posts: 7691


« Reply #3263 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:10:16 PM »

So as of last night, a month after the goddamn fact, I am completely caught up on Battlestar Galactica. And SO HELP ME GOD, IF THEY KILL OFF STARBUCK'S FAKE BASKETBALL PLAYER HUSBAND, THERE ARE GOING TO BE WORDS, AND THEY WILL BE ANGRY WORDS, BUT I PROBABLY WON'T DO MUCH BEYOND THAT.
Also, yay Chief.

Josh, it is the 22nd, I believe. They are moving to Sunday nights.
Logged
mountmccabe
Registered user

Posts: 2844


« Reply #3264 on: Jan 12, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »

Sunday will be the 21st.  And yes, that is the day of the starting again of the Battlestar Galactica.
Logged

You know a pancake?
Maaik
Registered user

Posts: 15119


« Reply #3265 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »

The Wire is on BET.  I'm checking it out on LPTJ's recommendation.
Logged

I need anne the man lessons
G.C.R
Registered user

Posts: 6219


« Reply #3266 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »

Oh ho, my friend, you are in for a seeeerious treat.
Logged

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Andrew_TSKS
Registered user

Posts: 39426


« Reply #3267 on: Jan 13, 2007, 10:49:24 AM »

Quote from: "Maaik"
The Wire is on BET.  I'm checking it out on LPTJ's recommendation.


dude, the curse words are gonna be edited out though. you gotta see the dvds to get the full effect.
Logged

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
elpollodiablo
Registered user

Posts: 32624


« Reply #3268 on: Jan 13, 2007, 06:08:50 PM »

There's a three or four minute long scene in the first season in which the only spoken dialogue is the word 'fuck' or variations thereof. So, yeah. Probably not the best choice for standard cable.

Also: just found out that I've actually not seen the last TWENTY MINUTES of the season finale. The download I had cut out at like 53 minutes or something, so I figured I just missed the closing montage, but apparently there's a bit more than that. To bittorrent!
Logged

think 'on the road.'
Anne the Man
Registered user

Posts: 4444


« Reply #3269 on: Jan 13, 2007, 07:02:28 PM »

Hey guys, what's the best Dr Who? I've been watching the new one but I'd like to do the old too. Man I can't get over the hotness of David Tennant. Seriously, every time he comes on screen it's like *sighs romantically with clasped hands, flutters eyelashes*.
Logged

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
Greg Nog
Registered user

Posts: 21629


« Reply #3270 on: Jan 13, 2007, 08:43:18 PM »

My roommate's partial to Tom Baker, but all I've seen is the Christopher Eccleston one.  And David Tennant may be hot, but I have a special place in my heart for Captain Jack in terms of WAY STEAMY SCI-FI DUDES.
Logged
Ah_Pook
Registered user

Posts: 6082


« Reply #3271 on: Jan 14, 2007, 12:56:52 PM »

today is a great day for tv

nfl playoffs, 24 season premiere, rome season premiere, extras season premiere



im just gonna sit around all day 8)
Logged

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
Nick Ink
Registered user

Posts: 7018


« Reply #3272 on: Jan 14, 2007, 01:02:36 PM »

Quote from: "Anne the Man"
Hey guys, what's the best Dr Who? I've been watching the new one but I'd like to do the old too. Man I can't get over the hotness of David Tennant. Seriously, every time he comes on screen it's like *sighs romantically with clasped hands, flutters eyelashes*.


Tom Baker by a mile for me too. But not at all in a heart-throb way, as a glance at his picture will confirm. He was just the best actor to do it, and fleshed out the character so well. Plus, I suppose there's a fairly heavy nostalgia factor informing my opinion.

Still...



Tom Baker trivia : There's a very early Human League single, maybe Empire State Human with a B-side called 'Tom Baker'
Logged

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Nick Ink
Registered user

Posts: 7018


« Reply #3273 on: Jan 14, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »

Actually, looking at him again, I think I'm being unnecessarily dismissive regarding his heart-throb potential. He has, I don't know, something.
Logged

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Maaik
Registered user

Posts: 15119


« Reply #3274 on: Jan 14, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »

What?  That constant look that says "Huh?  I didn't mean to do that!"
Logged

I need anne the man lessons
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: This Is Where We Talk About The Teevee
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Board layout based on the Oxygen design by Bloc