Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 30, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 48 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Print
Author Topic: Deconstruction/ GI and MIKE M sissy slap fest  (Read 27147 times)
Good Intentions

« Reply #300 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:41:00 PM »

You know, guys, it's just hair.

Should I wear it loose? Will you prefer the Diderotesque maned academician look?
moloko_plus

« Reply #301 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:42:11 PM »

just hair? JUST HAIR?
no. it's so much more.

murdered by pirates is good
milly balgeary

« Reply #302 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:43:12 PM »

Quote from: "moloko_plus"
p tail will win. it always wins.
P Tale 2: The Awakening
(or electric boogaloo, whatever)

btw, thanks for the e-books!

Hah, yeah. The P tail is supreme. It swishes down the back like a fishing lure, hooking women.

If you want more, I'll get around to it, but it's hot. Everything is hot. If there are certain PKD books you are looking for, let me know. I just picked the first 6 or 8, or until I became tired of clickin'. Jeb and Mary thanked me in an email - WAIT - you too good to do that? Goddamn you.

Good Intentions

« Reply #303 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:44:02 PM »

just hair? JUST HAIR?
no. it's so much more.

I'm being modest.
milly balgeary

« Reply #304 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:44:51 PM »

Quote from: "Good Intentions"

Should I wear it loose? Will you prefer the Diderotesque maned academician look?

You should make pigtails!

moloko_plus

« Reply #305 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:46:10 PM »

oh, quit whining.
nope, those ones should keep me busy for awhile, they are nice for tuning out the roommates.

edit: uh, in response to milly's post a few minutes ago.

Good Intentions

« Reply #306 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:47:16 PM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"

I have. I don't have a photo on hand, though...
milly balgeary

« Reply #307 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:48:40 PM »

oh, quit whining.
nope, those ones should keep me busy for awhile, they are nice for tuning out the roommates.

edit: uh, in response to milly's post a few minutes ago.

I do not whine! I do cool shit. I hope your roomates throwup on you in an exorcist pantamine using green slime from You Can't Do It On Television.

moloko_plus

« Reply #308 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:49:47 PM »

how rude

milly balgeary

« Reply #309 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:50:31 PM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary"

I have. I don't have a photo on hand, though...

I've seen a photo of you! You look like a European assassin. Cleaning the silencer of his gun with the end of his P-tail before lighting a cigarette and ordering another Coffee and saying, "it is what it is," with a cold smile at the waitress who is chewing gum.

milly balgeary

« Reply #310 on: Jun 08, 2006, 11:51:23 PM »

how rude

Say I don't know and watch the green slime fall over YOUR eyes.

Wally

« Reply #311 on: Jun 09, 2006, 08:09:02 AM »

Hey Merky baby, if you're all concerened about hazing and the cruelty of this board, then I suggest you read any Milly vs Pollo, Milly vs Me, Dave vs Andrew, conversation and you can see that the cruelty isn't just for new posters. I think Alex said elsewhere that everyone rips each other to shreds on a daily basis, but we all come back another day, because whilst it might be a little cruel it's essentially pretty fun and entertaining. My favourite on board conversations are with Milly, and they tend to be savage and sexual. He's like the big brother I never had who rips my character to tiny little shreds every day but I still want to take him to bed, I mean I want his approval. It's a ball. Point is try not to point it out so much, if you start screaming "YOU'RE ALL PICKING ON ME" chances are people will throw stones a little harder. Go with it or pull away.

Oh and as to which one of you and SingSing is the erectial disfuncition and which one is Milly. Well I think you'd both be better off being the erectial disfunction, you'd rather have it then be Milly. No one wants to be Milly except Milly.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
Wally

« Reply #312 on: Jun 09, 2006, 08:12:35 AM »

Quote from: "milly balgeary will soon write or has in the future"
Wally the sage!

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
coldforge

« Reply #313 on: Jun 09, 2006, 10:02:22 AM »

I like the bun call. Samurai style is immortal.

l'era del terzo mondo.
folder

« Reply #314 on: Jun 09, 2006, 01:41:49 PM »

As for the consistent hating on my vowel dropping, that shit's just funny. Anyone who thinks it constitutes "butchery of the English language" has a lot to be mad at, um, Dickens, Austen, Pound, Eliot, Bishop, Robert Lowell, & many more ABT.

Lol, poets.
Greg Nog

« Reply #315 on: Jun 09, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »

Quote from: "MurkPlectrum"
Lowell

Quote from: "folder"
Lol

OKAY, ENOUGH WITH THE ABBREVIATIONS
coldforge

« Reply #316 on: Jun 09, 2006, 01:52:47 PM »

Dude, I don't think it constitutes butchery of anything. I just think it's affected, pretentious, and distracting as all get-out.

l'era del terzo mondo.
MurkPlectrum

« Reply #317 on: Jun 09, 2006, 02:00:40 PM »

Quote from: "coldforge"
Dude, I don't think it constitutes butchery of anything. I just think it's affected, pretentious, and distracting as all get-out.

1 out of 3 ain't bad. How cld it be "affected" & "pretentious"? What the fuck cld I be trying to prove by abbreviating some words? How does that make me smart? If you find it distracting, feel free to skip my posts. I won't mind.

Anyway I swore I wldn't respond to these complaints no more. So I lied. But this is the last one! Rilly rilly!

I spend most of my time not dying. / That's what living is for.
coldforge

« Reply #318 on: Jun 09, 2006, 02:08:58 PM »

Well, ok, if you'd like:

It smacks to me of trying to appropriate the authenticity and insight of the Beats and the Modernists, and also of an attempt at undercutting the high-minded and intellectual tone of your arguments with affectedly, unsuccessfuly casual language -- both of which things (a fear of inauthenticity, a language which marks you as a member of an incredibly uncool caste) I often see refined individuals like yourself (higher education, higher class) trying to compensate for when talking in informal contexts, especially about pop culture, on the internet. It doesn't work, and I find it irritating in the extreme.

To be very specific.

l'era del terzo mondo.
MurkPlectrum

« Reply #319 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:24:25 PM »

Quote from: "coldforge"
Well, ok, if you'd like:

It smacks to me of trying to appropriate the authenticity and insight of the Beats and the Modernists, and also of an attempt at undercutting the high-minded and intellectual tone of your arguments with affectedly, unsuccessfuly casual language -- both of which things (a fear of inauthenticity, a language which marks you as a member of an incredibly uncool caste) I often see refined individuals like yourself (higher education, higher class) trying to compensate for when talking in informal contexts, especially about pop culture, on the internet. It doesn't work, and I find it irritating in the extreme.

To be very specific.

That's a very articulate response & is quite close to some of what Bourdieu says abt academic compensations for over-intellectualism. But it's pretty spiteful of you to assume it's true of me instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt. I happen to know that I do do some compensating & wld be foolish to think that I am always aware of it, but I truly don't believe that's the case here. I've been doing it since high school in letters, largely inspired by Sonic Youth, not Ezra Pound - & at that point it was an affectation. But by now it's so ingrained (high school was a long long time ago) that I have to watch myself when sending formal emails! If you want to believe the worst of me BECAUSE I'm educated (altho you appear to be pretty highly educated yrself), I can't convince you not to. I guess you have no reason to take my word for anything.

I insist, however, that I borrow nothing from the Beats. I love Howl & that's it. (This, too, is, I suppose, an academic prejudice.)

Hope yr own prejudices won't prevent you from engaging w/ what I say. I don't mean any harm by abbreviation.

DCDave

« Reply #320 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:27:35 PM »

You could just write shit out, dude.  We won't think you're a sell-out for it.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
MurkPlectrum

« Reply #321 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »

Quote from: "DCDave"

Pretty sure my ENTIRE response was devoted to debunking the idea that this is how I view the problem.

No offense, Dave, but this is like the tenth time you've misread something I posted so badly that I wonder if you read it at all.

DCDave

« Reply #322 on: Jun 09, 2006, 03:54:54 PM »

Pretty sure my ENTIRE response was devoted to debunking the idea that this is how I view the problem.

No offense, Dave, but this is like the tenth time you've misread something I posted so badly that I wonder if you read it at all.

That was tongue in cheek, sorry!

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
MurkPlectrum

« Reply #323 on: Jun 09, 2006, 05:12:09 PM »

That was tongue in cheek, sorry!

Shit, no: I'M sorry. Damn, someone really needs to develop an intonation delivery system for electronic communicaton. (& emoticons won't cut it - the dreaded Wink .)

alistarr*

« Reply #324 on: Jun 12, 2006, 04:48:03 AM »

hey man, look how much time you saved yourself by abbreviating in that first post you made, what with that one "abt" necessitating 120 follow-up posts and all.

:wink:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | White Courtesy Phone | Topic: Deconstruction/ GI and MIKE M sissy slap fest
Jump to: