Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 20, 2014, 03:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658016 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 56 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Print
Author Topic: Sandwiches!  (Read 40778 times)
El_Josharino

« Reply #400 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:07:03 PM »

Quote from: "RoyBiggins"
Quote from: "El_Josharino"
Guys, I had such an amazing sandwich for lunch.  Ho.  Lee.  Shit.  Hoo boy.  And while the grumpy old Italian dude made it, him and his wife were swearing at and wishing death upon each other.

Josh, I'm gonna need a lot more detail on this.

Mike, I had a salami sandwich yesterday, too, but it was very plain and should've had more salami on it.  

I have a lean cuisine in the fridge here at work, but alla the sudden, I'm thinkin'...mmmm....sammiches.

So picture this.  Start with the bread.  Just good old fashioned sandwich bread.  Probably, I dunno, 8 or 9 inches long.  Then you take a great big spicy Italian sausage and throw it on the bread.  Then you top that with a great big pile of juicy, sliced beef.  Then you smother the whole works with a big pile of pastrami.  So basically you have more meat then there is in my entire body.  Throw in a few onions and hot peppers, and top the whole thing with mozzarella.  Last, but certainly not least, drench the motherfucker with au juis.

To the boners thread, yes?

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #401 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:09:55 PM »

good lord. i just had a heart attack.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
crystalcakes

« Reply #402 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:18:01 PM »

i had an amazing sammich at a vietnamese place last week.  it was thin, grilled marinated pork on a pressed baguette with pickled veggies and cucumbers on top.  

i wanted to go back immediately and get another one.

Quote from: "John"
life is now worthless and I am going to eat cat food & die
Chet

« Reply #403 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:21:47 PM »

There's this amazing little sandwich shop here that does the best sandwich ever. Steak ciabatta, with onions, peppers and mixed cheese and sour cream. All greasy and shit. It's orgasmic. Proper steak too, not like that skinny subway shit.

"You need to put some clothes on and eat some food."
mriley

« Reply #404 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:02:52 PM »

The neighborhood I just moved to has a little sandwhich shop called the MSM Deli.  From the outside it looks like a really ghetto convienence store.  I would have never stepped foot inside if not for a recomendation from a friend.  Inside they sell amazing Deli sandwhiches and have the largest selection of imported beers I've seen.  I also learned when I visited that he MSM stands for Magic Sandwhich Maker.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #405 on: Aug 17, 2007, 12:31:43 AM »

Sesame seed bun, cheese, mayo, homegrown roma tomato, homegrown basil, some salt = delicious. 

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
silentsigh89

« Reply #406 on: Aug 17, 2007, 12:34:26 AM »

my mom's boyfriend just put spam and mayo on cinammon raisin bread. What kind of midnight snack is that, I ask! A gross one, I respond.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #407 on: Aug 17, 2007, 12:37:51 AM »

holy shit, that sounds so nauseating i would have to try it out of morbid curiosity

then again i dipped a sour gummy worm in ranch dressing earlier today so

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #408 on: Aug 17, 2007, 12:39:06 AM »

my mom's boyfriend just put spam and mayo on cinammon raisin bread. What kind of midnight snack is that, I ask! A gross one, I respond.

that shit is just WRONG he should have used PEANUT BUTTER not MAYO

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
dumbfish

« Reply #409 on: Aug 17, 2007, 11:02:44 AM »

Roy, I need a ruling:
What is the LPTJ sammich council's stance on open-face?

Pros:
More room for meat and veggies and whatnot
Cheese melts better

Cons:
Not portable
Less bread
Less crunch on toasted sammiches

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
Greg Nog

« Reply #410 on: Aug 17, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »

I vote that it's a sin, as evidenced by Pete Wrigley's appalled disbelief when describing his archnemesis, Openface:

Quote from: Big Pete
He's this kid who always eats open-face sandwiches... even in church!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #411 on: Aug 17, 2007, 11:15:10 AM »

All you need to know on that subject
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2007, 11:33:02 AM by YojimboMonkey » Logged

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #412 on: Aug 17, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »

And if you get one of those with a giant fried tenderloin you might just think you died and went to heaven.  You may have in fact actually died.  This is of course a side effect of the heart attack induced by the sandwich.

das kranke Tier

« Reply #413 on: Aug 17, 2007, 01:09:46 PM »

In the last 2 days I have had 2 sammiches to honor RB's birthday:

1 Prosciutto & fresh mozzarella

1 Italian Combo

Remarkably similar, yet worlds apart...

Compendious as hell
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #414 on: Aug 17, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »

don't know how above ground i've been about this on lptj, but i've officially quit vegetarianism. still refusing to eat pork, and pretty much avoiding red meat 99% of the time, but i am eating birds and things that live in the sea at this point, though probably not more often than every few days. anyway, today i had a bbq chicken sandwich from the barbecue place right near my house, which is reputed to be the best barbecue in richmond, or maybe even in all of virginia. it's called buz and ned's, if anyone's curious. anyway, it was fucking outstanding. i will probably eat there more often in the future. though not if i'm in a hurry--the line was REALLY LONG. then again, they had the food prepared within 3 minutes of my making the order, so i was still only in the place a little longer than i'd expect to be in any fast food place.

justinh

« Reply #415 on: Aug 17, 2007, 07:20:31 PM »

Hey Andrew, how long were you vegetarian? 

It's weird, because for some reason I wanted to go 10 years without eating land animals, and now that it's passed, I feel kind of ambivalent about the whole thing.  I don't particularly want to start eating meat, because I kind of like my lifestyle, but sometimes I feel that I am missing out on some awesomeness in life. 
jebreject

« Reply #416 on: Aug 18, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »

meh. going on seven years for me and though i do eat fish occasionally, i'm still pretty much just as strong in my resolve as i ever was. the only time i really faltered was on tour when i ate dumpstered pizza, and that made me sick, so i learned my lesson.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
justinh

« Reply #417 on: Aug 18, 2007, 01:11:34 AM »

I don't really have a resolve, it's just some thing that I do.  It's good sometimes though, for a variety of reasons. 
jebreject

« Reply #418 on: Aug 18, 2007, 11:01:31 AM »

okay, yeah, actually i feel you on the resolve vs. just some thing i do thing

i just like that word, "resolve"

all of that is to say that i have no real interest whatsoever in eating meat, and don't really feel, like you, that i might be missing out on any particular awesomeness in life.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2007, 12:43:53 PM by jebreject » Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #419 on: Aug 18, 2007, 11:52:27 AM »

justin, i was vegetarian from 1994 til probably late 2003, then again from early 2004 til late 2006. and that period in 03/04 really just consisted of me eating a few chicken sandwiches over the course of that six months. then, starting in late 2006, i went back to that situation where i'd eat chicken or fish here or there, generally not more often than once every other week or so. in the last few months, though, the amount of meat i've been eating has steadily increased to the point where i no longer felt like i was hovering between being vegetarian and not vegetarian, but had become an official meat eater. it's been a really gradual transition.

C of heartbreak

« Reply #420 on: Aug 26, 2007, 12:41:43 PM »

I just had a sandwich with italian cold cuts and grilled cheese, with olives. I think I'm going to die of sodium overload now.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #421 on: Aug 27, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »

I had the best gyro of my life last night from a Greek festival here in Chicago.  Amazing.

Antero

« Reply #422 on: Aug 27, 2007, 02:19:40 PM »

and heirloom tomatoes, and maybe a bit of basil and olive oil.

Mmhmm.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
das kranke Tier

« Reply #423 on: Aug 27, 2007, 02:26:59 PM »

and heirloom tomatoes, and maybe a bit of basil and olive oil.

Mmhmm.

That mozzarella was hell of heavy too, man.  So good.

Compendious as hell
RoyBiggins

« Reply #424 on: Aug 29, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »

Roy, I need a ruling:
What is the LPTJ sammich council's stance on open-face?

Pros:
More room for meat and veggies and whatnot
Cheese melts better

Cons:
Not portable
Less bread
Less crunch on toasted sammiches

I know this is from, like, two weeks ago, but I want to say: my position on sandwiches in general is to be inclusive and welcoming.  I mean, an open-faced sandwich is unorthodox, but man, did you ever stop to think that the fact that it's open faced is 'cause it's too full of meat/cheese/jus/gravy to be picked up?  I mean, that's no reason not to love a sandwich.

My cousin Nathan and I have tenuous plans to open a restaurant some day, and we invented a bunch of sandwiches, all named after nautical things.  And on that list, you will find the Edmund Fitzgerald, which an open faced beef sandwich, disappearing under a sea of fries.  And that is a beautiful thing.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Sandwiches!
Jump to: