Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 28, 2014, 03:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657918 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
Author Topic: Sandwiches!  (Read 40037 times)
RoyBiggins

« Reply #425 on: Aug 29, 2007, 09:57:31 AM »

Also, let us not forget our special Baylunch menu, featuring the Pamela Hamderson and the Yasmine Beef.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #426 on: Aug 29, 2007, 11:14:32 AM »

Dude when you inevitably end up moving to Chicago and living somewhere near my neighborhood, Atlantic Grill on Lincoln (right near Lincoln and Winnemac actually) has a Tuesday special of a pub burger with fries for $3.  We're talking a good burger here too.  I think you gotta pay maybe 50 cents extra for cheese.  Also their beers are not cheap, though they're fairly average-priced by Chicago standards.  But $3 for a burger and fries?  Holy shit.  Also last night I ordered some curry chips separately which is a big plate of fries with curry sauce drizzled all over them and pooling on the plate below.  That's good drinking food.  The owner is a super friendly Irish dude.  Man I really like that place.  Good times.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Greg Nog

« Reply #427 on: May 07, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »

Hey Roy last night in Macbeth Captain Picard made himself a sandwich and took a bite while he was talking about Banquo's assassination and I was like that looks good and then I thought Oh damn I gotta tell Roy about this
crystalcakes

« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2008, 01:39:33 AM »

don't know how above ground i've been about this on lptj, but i've officially quit vegetarianism. still refusing to eat pork, and pretty much avoiding red meat 99% of the time, but i am eating birds and things that live in the sea at this point, though probably not more often than every few days. anyway, today i had a bbq chicken sandwich from the barbecue place right near my house, which is reputed to be the best barbecue in richmond, or maybe even in all of virginia. it's called buz and ned's, if anyone's curious. anyway, it was fucking outstanding. i will probably eat there more often in the future. though not if i'm in a hurry--the line was REALLY LONG. then again, they had the food prepared within 3 minutes of my making the order, so i was still only in the place a little longer than i'd expect to be in any fast food place.

wow this is my ex's family's place.  buz threw his own wedding reception there.  hahaha.  he also recently won a throwdown against bobby flay. 

Quote from: "John"
life is now worthless and I am going to eat cat food & die
RoyBiggins

« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:23 AM »

Hey Roy last night in Macbeth Captain Picard made himself a sandwich and took a bite while he was talking about Banquo's assassination and I was like that looks good and then I thought Oh damn I gotta tell Roy about this

That's fantastic.  I saw this thread just now and was like "Hey! How'd I miss the sandwich thread getting bumped yesterday?"  If I judged actors on how good they made sandwiches during their productions, I would have to grudgingly crown Adam Sandler one of the best actors I've ever seen in "Spanglish."

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Greg Nog

« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2008, 10:01:03 AM »

He made it in a kind of okay way (it was a pretty spartan kind of sandwich), but he ate it really well.  Like he did in that scene in Next Generation where he's telling Wesley about how he has no heart, and the sandwich is chewed meditatively.  Here it is.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2008, 11:45:53 AM »

don't know how above ground i've been about this on lptj, but i've officially quit vegetarianism. still refusing to eat pork, and pretty much avoiding red meat 99% of the time, but i am eating birds and things that live in the sea at this point, though probably not more often than every few days. anyway, today i had a bbq chicken sandwich from the barbecue place right near my house, which is reputed to be the best barbecue in richmond, or maybe even in all of virginia. it's called buz and ned's, if anyone's curious. anyway, it was fucking outstanding. i will probably eat there more often in the future. though not if i'm in a hurry--the line was REALLY LONG. then again, they had the food prepared within 3 minutes of my making the order, so i was still only in the place a little longer than i'd expect to be in any fast food place.

wow this is my ex's family's place.  buz threw his own wedding reception there.  hahaha.  he also recently won a throwdown against bobby flay. 

awesome. it's only 2 blocks from my house. i haven't been in there in a while, and if i weren't so broke, that would change with the quickness. but i am broke, so it'll probably be a while.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
ellaguru

« Reply #432 on: May 15, 2008, 09:49:43 PM »

After-dinner conversation tonight:

My uncle: I heard an interview with Patrick Stewart discussing his role in Macbeth.
Me: Oh, is that the play where he makes the sandwich?
My uncle: Yes, evidently Patrick Stewart wanted to know what to do with his hands in that scene and discussed sandwich-making with the director.
Me: I see.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Ignatius

« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »

This is like, a revolutionary moment in the art of acting.  Vincent D'Onofrio, here's your answer!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #434 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »

hah, i'll bet vincent d'onofrio knows all about making sandwiches.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
milesofsparks

« Reply #435 on: May 16, 2008, 12:31:19 AM »

so I met the boy's parents at dinner last night.  he and they had been at Macbeth--I had been at work.  but with my, "so I hear Macbeth makes a really good sandwich in that play" opener, I won them over no problem.  everyone agreed that the sandwich scene was very memorable.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Greg Nog

« Reply #436 on: Apr 11, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »

HEY ROY
HEY ROY

GUESS WHAT I JUST MADE

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT
RoyBiggins

« Reply #437 on: Apr 11, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »

You Bastard.

3 separate people sent me that during the week.   If the sandwich had consisted of almost any other ingredients, I would've called shennanigans on it.

Plz send cross section photos.  What kind of fat did you use?

RoyBiggins

« Reply #438 on: Apr 11, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »

On a related note, I just re read the Macbeth stuff above and it made me very happy. I also got a killer sandwich ysterday across the street from my tax office. Ribeye on a crusty roll with sauteed onions, a little mayo, tomato and giardinera.

It was even better than you might think, because the place always looks a little sketchy from the outside, and the peppers were more of an afterthought than a planned Addition to the sandwich. I was talking to the guy while he grilled the steak, and he lit up a little and said, "hey, you like hot peppers? You should try the hot peppers on This. 

He was correct.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2010, 08:58:02 PM by RoyBiggins » Logged

RoyBiggins

« Reply #439 on: Apr 11, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »

Goddamnit, is that sandwich done pflattening yet? If I lived anywhere near NYC, I'd already be on my way.

Greg Nog

« Reply #440 on: Apr 11, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »

It was wicked tasty!  All moist and meaty, comfortingly greasy!

EDIT: and to answer your question, I just used butter.  The full sandwich contained a stick less one tablespoon of salted butter.  AWWWWWW YEAH
alistarr*

« Reply #441 on: Apr 12, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »

that "imported from england" sticker on your beer makes me feel homesick, despite the fact that i'm actually at home right now. a very strange feeling.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #442 on: Apr 12, 2010, 11:14:11 PM »

So, nobody's had a Double Down yet?

I just came up with an even better sandwich.  It's the two fried chicken breast cutlets with a grilled cutlet between them.

I call it the KFC Hat Trick.

cold before sunrise

« Reply #443 on: Apr 13, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »

Danish open-faced sandwich: ground beef patty on rye bread topped with pickled beet, onion, capers and... I can't remember the last thing but they are goood.

Riding a tidal wave of whiskey on a surfboard made out of don't care.
Greg Nog

« Reply #444 on: Apr 13, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »

Not yet!  Hoping to do so this week!
what whale

« Reply #445 on: Apr 13, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »

I must be out of the fucking loop, 'cause I had to Google "double down."  (Which I misread at first as "double dawn," and was confused.)

And, wow.  I will try this sandwich, and probably soon.  I haven't had KFC in, well, years, but there's something strangely appealing (in a WHAT A CHALLENGE) sense that I'm just not sure I can - or perhaps want to - say no to.  Maybe I just wanna be able to say OH YEAH I DID BETTER BELIEVE IT FRIENDS, or something.

Quote from: "Hooks"
sick of bein sad but thank beer companies make everyday better lol
Maaik

« Reply #446 on: Apr 13, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »

Milly had one--there are pics up on his facebook but no verdict.

I need anne the man lessons
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #447 on: Apr 13, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

The funniest thing about it is that its got the same calorie count as a big mac.  Much less than a double whopper.  Fast food is disgusting.

What was that Hardees one?  I had that--I just felt gross afterward.

Food art version:

What you'll actually get from the very nasty KFC in whatever city you live in:
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2010, 09:22:44 PM by FreddyKnuckles » Logged

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
jess

« Reply #448 on: Apr 13, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »

The calorie count is not the ridiculous partómany non-fast food sandwiches are well over 500 calories. The sodium count on the other hand is completely absurd.
G.C.R

« Reply #449 on: Apr 14, 2010, 07:14:09 AM »

Here's the thing for when work is over and you have leftover potatoes and onions all fried up together from breakfast, is you heat them up, and fry up some courgette slices because why the hell not, and then theres red capsicum and beetroot and slicing them up seems a plan, and cheese too because Edam is nice, and two types of hot sauce, and salt and man that's pretty close to heaven, and then you put all of it between two slices of soy and linseed bread and everything seems right with the world.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Sandwiches!
Jump to: