Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 21, 2014, 06:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657908 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 82 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Band Names you have on hand, just in case.....  (Read 42257 times)
Steve

« Reply #50 on: Oct 25, 2004, 02:39:49 PM »

I don't have a band name but did have an idea for a 10" that i'm sure has been done to death but was born out of my tendency to cover songs i've never heard before with only the lyrics while drunk off my ass.  The title of the record is "Oh no he didn't"

"Sarcasm isn't advanced, it's the inexperienced man's preference.  Criticism isn't smart, it's for the artfully dejected"
TheVole

« Reply #51 on: Oct 25, 2004, 03:18:09 PM »

Quote from: "TheNames"

Charles Thompson & the Protestants (a pixies cover band i started once, we only played 1 song)

Which one?

Through Communication we learned about Self-Concept.
TheNames

« Reply #52 on: Oct 26, 2004, 01:01:20 PM »

the Happy Accidents

If I had a nickel for every cigarette your mother smoked...
I'd be dead.
Steve

« Reply #53 on: Nov 22, 2004, 01:49:33 PM »

I finally just thought of one.

"Mod Parent Informative"

"Sarcasm isn't advanced, it's the inexperienced man's preference.  Criticism isn't smart, it's for the artfully dejected"
Kevin R

« Reply #54 on: Nov 22, 2004, 02:54:17 PM »

first post for me...here goes:

the linguistic nothings
the french revolution all-stars
cat kid and the bagmen
the ones who loved omelas

Blame not my lute.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #55 on: Nov 22, 2004, 03:14:37 PM »

not mine:

Moses and the Golden Calf Destroyers
Jonah and the Whalers

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
TheNames

« Reply #56 on: Nov 22, 2004, 04:38:04 PM »

We played this monkey's gone to heaven. It was me on guitar & vocals, my friend @dam on lead guitar, my friend dor!s playing a bass that wasn't plugged in, and my other friend named ad@m on a hot-stix-like drum toy.

If I had a nickel for every cigarette your mother smoked...
I'd be dead.
peacocks

« Reply #57 on: Nov 22, 2004, 04:49:54 PM »

no armed hug (acoustic duo... we made two t shirts and then went to college)

ass cactus (not mine, I think it could be metal... or a name for a record label)

estrogen bomb(maybe they could sound something like pelican)

and this is a couple of people in orlando who make music and who have a cd I think... their single is called "man singing baby" i think... it's blues:
   something something explosion

dick-check your priviledge
dieblucasdie

« Reply #58 on: Nov 22, 2004, 11:44:01 PM »

Quote from: "FreddyKnuckles"
not mine:

Jonah and the Whalers

You had Mr. Martinson!  Wait... you're probably my brother...

Also:

The Radical Clerics

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #59 on: Nov 23, 2004, 12:17:53 AM »

Quote from: "dieblucasdie"
Quote from: "FreddyKnuckles"
not mine:

Jonah and the Whalers

You had Mr. Martinson!  Wait... you're probably my brother...

Also:

The Radical Clerics

I don't know... its no 'Christoff Bailey and the Detruthful five'

edit: yeah, the only reason I'm not 'Kwyjibo' is because I tried to sign up this board one night when I was drunk, and put down the wrong email address, so I never got the confirmation email.  And this was all I could think of after 30 seconds of trying

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
oh! it's max!

« Reply #60 on: Nov 23, 2004, 09:30:20 AM »

absorbent sponge

seriously.
resident jason

« Reply #61 on: Nov 23, 2004, 01:14:28 PM »

the (s)electoral college

"you can't blow up a social relationship" http://myspace.com/residentgenius
jebreject

« Reply #62 on: Nov 23, 2004, 02:18:31 PM »

NSFW

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
ComputerJudas

« Reply #63 on: Nov 23, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew_TSKS"
Quote from: "Maaik"
Satan's Fingers
The Killers
The Hospital Bombers

i'm kinda bummed that a band has gotten popular with the name "the killers" recently, and that they suck so fucking bad. there used to be a chicago-based hardcore band called the killers who were much more deserving of the name, but then, i felt the same way about john vanderslice's mk ultra (the chicago-based hardcore band was a much better match for the name).

It's actually The Killer, and they're still very much a band. I was at their record release show a couple months back but left after HeWhoCorrupts because I wasn't feeling the toughguy stuff too much that day so I didn't get to see them. I met their guitarist(also in hwc) while drunk at a house show, and don't remember any of it.

good times!

edit: my name would be You Fucking Jackals

all balls, no cock
Maaik

« Reply #64 on: Nov 23, 2004, 05:04:54 PM »

Some friends of mine backed me up at a show once--I think it was an oboe/tenor sax/flute combo.  They called themselves The Featured Guests.
This is Maaik's friend who was one of The Featured Guests (I also came up with The Finally Jews), and he was wrong.  It was actually a basson, an alto sax & a flute.  It was fun.  We played a few times together in our apartment after that, but there's only so far you can go with that kind of combo.

I need anne the man lessons
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #65 on: Nov 24, 2004, 12:02:44 AM »

computerjudas--that's GOT to be a different band... i have the 9 shocks terror/killers split, and it definitely says "the killers" on the cover. i mean, unless they changed their name to avoid confusion, which would be ironic since it has now confused the shit out of me.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
ComputerJudas

« Reply #66 on: Nov 24, 2004, 01:02:29 AM »

Hmm, I guess that's really possible, but The Killer is probably the most well known hardcore band in Chicago right now.

all balls, no cock
Shelley

« Reply #67 on: Nov 24, 2004, 01:27:32 AM »

Quote from: "Kevin R"

the ones who loved omelas

Hey! I think I lifted one of my band name idea from the story about Omelas!:

The Bland Utopians
graysick

« Reply #68 on: Nov 26, 2004, 12:34:51 PM »

I always thought starting a Built to Spill cover band called Build to Suit would sort of funny.
rock4litebrite

« Reply #69 on: Nov 26, 2004, 01:02:23 PM »

My punk band would be Courtesy Flush, my Grindcore band would be called Deviated Rectum.  Deviated Rectum would do one ultra-slow song, a cover of 53rd and 3rd by the Ramones.

"Marx, impelled by his Teutonic urge to dominate, has forgotten his own stirring words from the program of the International:  'The emancipation of the workers must be the task of the workers themselves'"
jebreject

« Reply #70 on: Nov 26, 2004, 01:23:06 PM »

grindcore + ultra-slow = HUH?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
rock4litebrite

« Reply #71 on: Nov 26, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

Hey, we just want one slow song!!  I have a dream of an slugdey version of 53rd and 3rd.  Even Discordance Axis has like one weird slow prog rock song (even though its short).  I guess I could always come up with a fantasy sludge band...

"Marx, impelled by his Teutonic urge to dominate, has forgotten his own stirring words from the program of the International:  'The emancipation of the workers must be the task of the workers themselves'"
max

« Reply #72 on: Nov 26, 2004, 10:57:51 PM »

re: slow grindcore.

Jeb, the scariest parts of Agoraphobic Nosebleed's Altered States of America are the slow, draggy, druggy parts.  And they still managed to get through 99 songs in circa 20 minutes!  

Rock4LiteBrite, Hasbro might not like it, but fuck Hasbro:  Inspired by your nom de forum, I think your grindcore/sludge fantasy band should be called Deviated Lite Brite or maybe Brite Rectal Lite.  Or Etch-a-Retch?

Here's another name for a non-existent band: a super-twee close harmony group called Grindcore Power Ballads.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #73 on: Nov 28, 2004, 10:58:52 PM »

Quote from: "max"
re: slow grindcore.

Jeb, the scariest parts of Agoraphobic Nosebleed's Altered States of America are the slow, draggy, druggy parts.  And they still managed to get through 99 songs in circa 20 minutes!  

i'll back you up on this. i think "mosquito holding human cattle prod" is the scariest song on there. (that's the one that starts with scotty hull saying, "every person west of the nile, herded in a mass northern migration".)

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
max

« Reply #74 on: Nov 29, 2004, 01:20:37 AM »

The opening 'Track 0' "Wonder Drug Wonderland" you scan backwards from track 1 to hear is pretty eerie, but it's the Aum Shinrikyo section that raises my hackles.  That's one of those records I love but feel slightly queasy listening to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Band Names you have on hand, just in case.....
Jump to: