Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 26, 2014, 01:15:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657786 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Delicious links  (Read 40108 times)
John
edit0r

« on: Jun 01, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »

also, if anybody hasn't noticed, my del.icio.us links are now on the front page, so the much-missed links page is more or less back!
das kranke Tier

« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »

With a snappy title no less!

Compendious as hell
Wally

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2007, 03:57:49 AM »

I like the links.

Thus begin the chronicles of the Self-Loathing Gay Commando.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2007, 12:28:36 AM »

Yeah, this is great. I think this should be a thread where we can comment on the links as well. Re: the disappearing of commin birds, this is really depressing. I'm not sure of the exact statistics, but most of the people in the US consider themselves environmentalists, and it doesn't seem to affect policy at all. I think this is one of theose scenarios where a lot of people are in favor of something but not concerned enough about it to actually base their vote on it or take action for the cause. The situation was bad enough before we all realized the doom of global warming, but when you add that into the equation, it just seems totally hopeless, not only for the environment and animals but for people. What kind of a shithole are people of the future going to be forced to live in?

I will meditate and then destroy you!
slow west vultures

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2007, 08:37:09 PM »

i like how there's an ad for hummingbird ring tones at the top of that article.  that's computer data driven marketing at its best.  who needs the actual birds when you can just hear them on your cellphone any time somebody calls.  and btw a hummingbird ringtone would be one of the most annoying things ever.  second to a great tailed grackle ringtone or a mockingbird ringtone.  we have a male and female mockingbird couple patrolling our backyard now, because they must have their nest in the lemon tree.  everytime i go outside they follow me around and keep caw-caw-ing back and for to each other.  i saw their little mocking bird fledgling hopping around on the ground yesterday, trying out spread its new wings so it was kind of cute. 

but still, those birds annoy me.  more suburban homes.  nature's just gonna have to develop a counter-strategy. 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
alistarr*

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2007, 05:41:19 AM »

KILL ALL HUMANS
WhereTheSlimeLive

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »

John...Hellhammer breaking arm...ftw?

Puddle Pants
John
edit0r

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »

are you asking why "fuck the world" when the Mayhem tour has been cancelled? c'mon man that's practically a tautology
plainenglish

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2007, 10:11:51 AM »

are you asking why "fuck the world" when the Mayhem tour has been cancelled? c'mon man that's practically a tautology

Ooh... tautology!

"If you don't want to have a good time, the door is... everywhere!" -- shirtless campfire guy, ZOOP!
WhereTheSlimeLive

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »

i'm only really familiar with the "for the win" form of 'ftw'...and I was not going to stand for Hellhammer hating.

my bad
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2007, 10:29:05 AM by WhereTheSlimeLive » Logged

Puddle Pants
plainenglish

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2007, 10:50:28 AM »

I thought you were just so stunned that you were talking backwards.

"If you don't want to have a good time, the door is... everywhere!" -- shirtless campfire guy, ZOOP!
John
edit0r

« Reply #11 on: Jun 24, 2007, 11:52:48 AM »

i'm only really familiar with the "for the win" form of 'ftw'...and I was not going to stand for Hellhammer hating.

my bad

oh man so much internet discourse has been ruined for me by this posting! in the punk community where I grew up, ftw=fuck the world so firmly that dudes had it shaven into their hair, in big white paint on their crusty leather jackets, carved into their arms, etc etc etc, it was so common that pretty much everywhere I've seen it I assumed people were using it as shorthand for "this guy is so on the money that it makes me wanna say ftw"
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #12 on: Jun 24, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »

john, i know, i hate that modern "ftw" usage too.

it's like when i see teenagers on myspace with x's around their names and they're obviously not straight edge. so annoying.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
jebreject

« Reply #13 on: Jun 24, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »

count me in on this too.

though i still end up using it, 'cause, you know, that's how i am

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
John
edit0r

« Reply #14 on: Jun 24, 2007, 01:39:59 PM »

count me in on this too.

though i still end up using it, 'cause, you know, that's how i am

haha cosign generally speaking, the internet is mainly about giving up
John
edit0r

« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2007, 01:40:36 PM »

still I'll be in that great big moshpit in the sky before I use ftw to mean anything other than FUCK THE WORLD
WhereTheSlimeLive

« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2007, 02:08:25 AM »

well me...i got into music through videogame communities so for the win makes sense I think in that realm...but if I was an OG like you guys i guess I would be pissin too

Puddle Pants
trailofmusic

« Reply #17 on: Jul 31, 2007, 04:10:18 PM »

dieblucasdie

« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »

Sweet Lord in heaven that Martina McBride/Santorum thing is horrifying. 

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Greg Nog

« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »

That would have ruined my day, if not for the link above it to the WWI photos.  Holy crap, those are great.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:56:49 PM »

I tell you it was all a fraaaaaame

That's fucked up.  I wonder what labels they're going after?  If the goal is to "increase revenue" it's got to be some of the big ones with marquee acts.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Bernard

« Reply #21 on: Dec 02, 2007, 11:58:28 PM »

I thought only denim nerds cosigned?

Ha, see, and look how Julian Casablancas ended up!!!!
John
edit0r

« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2007, 06:00:19 AM »

I thought only denim nerds cosigned?

I don't know what a denim nerd is but I think the second half of that post is the truest thing I ever said
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2007, 05:08:12 PM »

so i went to that wfmu "beware of the blog" post about country fuzz, and i downloaded all 29 mp3s that were posted on it, then burned all of them to a cd. now i'm listening to that cd and it is awesome. not quite the same as my big fave garage rock tunes, but similar enough that i love a lot of it and am at least interested in the rest.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
howardfinkel

« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2007, 06:01:29 PM »

so i went to that wfmu "beware of the blog" post about country fuzz, and i downloaded all 29 mp3s that were posted on it, then burned all of them to a cd. now i'm listening to that cd and it is awesome. not quite the same as my big fave garage rock tunes, but similar enough that i love a lot of it and am at least interested in the rest.

Agreed for pretty much the same reasons re: garage rock. The whole piece makes me crave something like Electric Prunes' awesome "Wah Wah Peddle" off Pebbles Vol. 2 for "The New Fuzztone Sound".

Someone in the comments says it was a loose tube owing to the earliest distortion. Seems reasonable & I think I've heard this explanation before.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Last Plane | Topic: Delicious links
Jump to: