Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657995 Posts in 9261 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 65 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Delicious links  (Read 42696 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #25 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:53:09 PM »

did you guys see the link to the "morrissey responds to accusations of racism" letter to the Guardian's editors on the front page? it's at the top of the links sidebar at the moment, and as john points out, it's so incredibly well written. there's something immensely satisfying about reading morrissey's subtle yet caustic wit turned towards a subject he's passionate about. i urge all of you with even a passing interest in morrissey's career to read it: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/12/morrissey_responds.html

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Nick Ink

« Reply #26 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »

It's nicely-written and I have no doubt that the NME set him up, but mostly it's about the culture change within that magazine, rather than the issue around which all the furore was. When he says in his opening paragraph that 'I abhor racism and oppression or cruelty of any kind and will not let this pass without being absolutely clear and emphatic with regard to what my position is', I was expecting to find out what he thought about immigration and its effect on national identity in the UK. But I can understand why he wouldn't want to hang that all out in public for people to (mis)interpret, I suppose.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #27 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »

well, i don't think there was necessarily any kind of complicated explanation necessary, really. i feel like:

Quote from: Morrissey
Racism is beyond common sense and I believe it has no place in our society.

pretty much says it all, and he obviously felt the same. but he had some other subjects to address, which i can understand.

Trousers and Pat

« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »

Okay, so I believe in my heart that these "MediaCarts" have one week max before they start showing up crushed, half sunk in the river behind the shopright, and for once I'm filled with love for humankind

I practice nonviolence, but I preach... ALRIGHT
Illest Waffle

« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:03:12 AM »

Is that alex homo still covering his face up?
John
edit0r

« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »

if you know that dude & you don't get him to design a t-shirt for my band then you are not my bro no mo'
Illest Waffle

« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2008, 11:23:29 PM »

One: He is flaky as fuck.
Two: I'll post his number if you wanna be a weirdo about it.
Doctor Bob

« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »

Which delicious link are you talking about?  The one with the unannounced close up photos of dead people half way down the page?

Because Thanks.

Yowza. Things happen when you go outside!
Oscar

« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »

No not that one.
John
edit0r

« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

One: He is flaky as fuck.
Two: I'll post his number if you wanna be a weirdo about it.

lol nah man

if I could get a t-shirt design from that dude though it would be a major coup
John
edit0r

« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2008, 07:40:24 PM »

for me personally anyway 'cause I really dig his stuff
Babar

« Reply #36 on: Feb 29, 2008, 10:04:25 PM »

how do you surf? i never find interesting stuff when i try to. perhaps it's because i just surf wikipedia and lptj.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
coldforge

« Reply #37 on: Mar 05, 2008, 05:46:28 PM »

rss feeds and a little reddit will do ya.

č l'era del terzo mondo.
SPACERACE

« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »

stumbleupon if you want to be lazy about it

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Babar

« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »

Cool

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
G.C.R

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »

Maybe I'm a big girls blouse but that link to the thing about eight belles made me cry a bit

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Ignatius

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »

No...  When I found out about that on Saturday it was one of the most awful things I've ever heard.  And it didn't get much mention on tv other than in passing.  I remember the press following Barbaro pretty closely a few years ago.  But I guess we were so emotionally invested in him, that we're exempt from recognizing how horrible the sport is for another few years.  Horse comes in 2nd place breaks both front legs is shot on the track WTF?! 
dumbfish

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 06:18:26 PM »

Hope the Chinese govt wasn't there taking notes.

Love is awesome and has only Darko to fight for rebounds.
SPACERACE

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »

holy shit megametal cards. the complete collection of those was bathroom wallpaper at work until very recently.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »

Reese

what it is brother

think 'on the road.'
SPACERACE

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 02:54:47 AM »

i have no idea, to be honest. so it goes, and how.

i assume you still hold it down.

Greg Nog

« Reply #46 on: Jun 23, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »

Re: "I Got Millions of Images":

These grimacing children sets off all kind of excitement in my brain, but the caption for this illustration might be my favorite thing I've read all week.
G.C.R

« Reply #47 on: Jun 23, 2008, 07:12:45 PM »

I've just been looking at the sites that the "Millions of images" guy links to, and the one that has all the found photos kind of made me really happy to be alive.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #48 on: Jun 28, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »

you know, i'm not a big journey fan, at all. but i enjoyed that interview with steve perry, quite a bit. i could relate pretty well to the way the guy seems to think--sensitive in a way that's sometimes a huge pain in the ass for those around him, but also really emotional and takes his work very seriously. the way he talked about his opposition to selling journey songs to commercials impressed me, and the bits when he was talking about how happy he was to see that "don't stop believing" had connected with a new generation sorta broke my heart because it was obvious that he didn't get that most of that is irony. he seemed so sincerely proud of it that i almost wished it WASN'T mostly irony. i at least hope dude never figures it out.

John
edit0r

« Reply #49 on: Jun 28, 2008, 08:43:34 PM »

you know, i'm not a big journey fan, at all. but i enjoyed that interview with steve perry, quite a bit. i could relate pretty well to the way the guy seems to think--sensitive in a way that's sometimes a huge pain in the ass for those around him, but also really emotional and takes his work very seriously. the way he talked about his opposition to selling journey songs to commercials impressed me, and the bits when he was talking about how happy he was to see that "don't stop believing" had connected with a new generation sorta broke my heart because it was obvious that he didn't get that most of that is irony. he seemed so sincerely proud of it that i almost wished it WASN'T mostly irony. i at least hope dude never figures it out.

andrew you more or less state my positions exactly. perry's position gives actual weight to journey songs for me. knowing that he has genuine personal investment in what he does changes the experience of hearing it, for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Last Plane | Topic: Delicious links
Jump to: