Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 19, 2014, 08:33:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658302 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 64 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Author Topic: Screaming At A Mic  (Read 40008 times)
sashwap

« Reply #325 on: Aug 05, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »

fewn's brand new song (written and recorded this weekend):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/p7hb2z

it's a catchy, weirdo rock nugget either called "eligible boats" or "these guys aren't for people."

if you haven't heard fewn yet this is a good place to start. it's pretty much a huge hit, but i'd love some feedback from people who know better.

thanks for the nice comments!
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2008, 02:36:16 PM by sashwap » Logged
davy

« Reply #326 on: Aug 06, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »

absolutely! and andrew will laugh at me, but this double-disc set that merge put out is really all you need:

although getaway is a really great album, too.

i just wanted to bring this up again, because seriously, i listened to the first disc of the anthology tonight and it's such great music. just makes you feel good.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
sashwap

« Reply #327 on: Aug 13, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »

does anyone here have mastering expertise and would they be willing to ply their trade on the new fewn album, which is 99.99% done right now? it's good. i will post the album in a little bit.

even just some general hints, leads, advice, etc would be helpful!
Salkin Red

« Reply #328 on: Aug 13, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »

if you can somehow scrap together the money for decent mastering: go for it. browse through the ads in Tape Op magazine, get quotes, see if any of those studios mastered anything you like. especially if you ever think of releasing your stuff on vinyl a good mastering job can get you a whole bit closer from riding your record of frequencies that will make vinyl sound like shit.

"Metal is forever, in every single matter"
Maaik

« Reply #329 on: Sep 15, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »

MiC wrote a new song last night and I'm really really excited about how much I love it.  Honestly, I'm surprised I held off on posting it for most of the day.

We're still working on it--this recording is where we left it last night.  No title as of yet.  I've got a first draft of the lyrics and I'm thinking we'll be able to add it to the set in time for our show on the 26th.

At any rate, check this shit out!

I need anne the man lessons
davy

« Reply #330 on: Sep 15, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »

hey myke, i entered meaning of everything over at rateyourmusic.com, but didn't know enough details to fully complete the band bio and all that. so the project is yours if you want it (site's like wikipedia, you can edit whatever you want, but you might have to sign up). also, to be approved, it has to be voted OK by 5 people.

also, album art needs to be uploaded.

AND you could do one for mice in cars. i listed mice in cars as a "related band" but then they asked me to explain the connection and i was all, better get myke in on this.

here's the page: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/meaning_of_everything

of course, you may want to include that EP under a different band name altogether, which is fine. it's in my collection, so i wanted to catalog it is all.

Antero

« Reply #331 on: Sep 15, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »

Hey guys, I just got the recording of Leopold & Loeb's last show and it sounds pretty damn good.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
Antero

« Reply #332 on: Sep 15, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »

And here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U4KYRBFX

So if you never had a chance to see us throw down, you can get a taste of the unbridled insanity.  I'd suggest "Stanford Prison Blues" for a good time.

((Our drummer is a maniac, holy crap.))
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008, 11:24:50 PM by Antero » Logged

Maaik

« Reply #333 on: Sep 17, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »

Here's that new song I posted upthread again.  We rerecorded it and I put vocals to it this afternoon.  But yeah, the working title is I've Been Meaning To Talk To You About Your Damn Dog.

Antero

« Reply #334 on: Sep 18, 2008, 02:36:07 AM »

That is one of the best song titles ever.

milly balgeary

« Reply #335 on: Sep 27, 2008, 03:30:28 AM »

man i have a TOTAL freedom sat and i'm thinkin of gettin cocked up and recording a three hour ALBUM. the last one i recorded was 'termination day' after i got fired from my last job!

anyone feel like joining in and making a 'political' album for fun? it doesn't matter whether you can sing or play instruments. it's just about FUN. to prove this i am posting the last several songs from 'termination day' ... i say a three hour limit to make at least 10 songs if anyone is innerested. how could you NOT be? don't make me tackle songs like 'i am a wolf bear sunlight batch' which is about global warming -- alone!

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=610035064&email=734d110164de05030143f83178c87938

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=610035340&email=a4a0daf3cbb635edabe76f80c6ff1671

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=610035458&email=763466a1654dac22cf65e021750d51e4

Maaik

« Reply #336 on: Sep 27, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

hey, I ain't got nothink to do today.   I'll see what I can come up with.

Maaik

« Reply #337 on: Sep 27, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »

Okay, got a short EPs-worth of stuff this afternoon.  Here they are:

Is That the Best You Could Do?

Negotiation Strategy

Tied to a Windmill

Canines

Five and a Half Minute Hallway

Thursday Wednesday

davy

« Reply #338 on: Oct 01, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »

so hey everybody, gemini cricket disbanded last week for somewhat vague reasons and i was all depressed, but almost immediately, i was contacted by LPTJ's own tops wobbling--who hasn't posted here since february, i think--about joining the band he's got here in athens called flowers of evil (myspace).

first practice on thursday! excitement!

alistarr*

« Reply #339 on: Oct 01, 2008, 04:29:36 AM »

lptj strikes again! good luck with the practice!
girl

« Reply #340 on: Oct 01, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »

lptj strikes again! good luck with the practice!
seconded.

Also, I like the name Flowers of Evil.

this is a story and you're not in it
sashwap

« Reply #341 on: Oct 29, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »

the lifted brow is an australian literary journal type thing and they're putting out a pretty cool issue that has a two disc set of songs they've commissioned by a somewhat impressive and interesting list of bands. in addition, there's the book itself which looks to be pretty nice as well.

i thought some people here might be intrigued. full disclosure: my band, fewn, is on it, and it's our first legitimate release, so i'm pretty excited.

http://www.theliftedbrow.com/

Book: Daria Tessler, Sheila Heti, Tom Lombardi, Karen Russell, Jennifer L. Knox, Paul La Farge, Alexander MacBride, Benjamin Law, Christopher Currie, Alex Holden, Joanna Howard, Ben Greenman, Hannah Pittard, Eric Hanson, Aaron Gwyn, Adam Thirlwell, Sara Varon, Beena Kamlani, Joe Meno, Josephine Rowe, Ryan Boudinot, John McNally, Robert Olen Butler, Jeffrey Brown, Christian TeBordo, Adam Levin, Anna Krien, W. Andrew Ewell, Sarah Manguso, Matthew Thurber, Sarah Moor, Kevin Moffett, Yannick Murphy, Clancy Martin & Deb Olin Unferth, Adam Golaski, Daniel Handler & Lisa Brown, Carey Mercer & Sydney Vermont, Jordan Himelfarb & Joel Taylor, Sean Casey, Manuel Gonzales, John Cotter, Jim Shepard, Chris Eaton, Caren Beilin, John Hankiewicz, Sam Lipsyte, James P. Othmer, Terry Wright, Brendan Connell, Chris Flynn, Jess Walter, Heidi Julavits, Thomas Benjamin Guerney, Aaron Renier, Brian Evenson, Spencer Krug, Robert Scrivini, Beth Murphy, Samantha Hunt, Arthur Bradford, Tao Lin, Chris Bachelder, Salvador Plascencia, Lee Henderson, Jonathan Meiburg, Rick Moody, and Sean Michaels.

CD1
THE CAY • Cachalot
HAUNTED HOUSE • Sierra Trail
FEWN • Buffalo Crossing
THE PANDA BAND • Where the River Rises
ALEKS AND THE RAMPS • Walking in the Garden
SOMEONE STILL LOVES YOU BORIS YELTSIN • The House of Memory
NO KIDS • Prisoner of Desire
HANNAH MARCUS • The Princess Royal
I’M NOT JIM • Stalking Horse
TELEFAUNA • Gold Fury
WINDMILL • Rollercoaster
THE LUCKSMITHS • The World of Professional Golf 1994
NEIL GAIMAN • Bloody Sunrise
GET HIM EAT HIM • Catalysts
ROBBERS ON HIGH STREET • The Duke’s Dilemma
BUTTERFLY TRANSFORMATION SERVICE • The Long Journey
PIKELET • Sweeter Music
DAN DEACON • The Night of the Scorpion
ERIK HECHT • The Stainless Steel Rat Saves the World
THEE MORE SHALLOWS • Desert Sinner

CD2
GOBLIN COCK • A Tracing of Angels
BACHELORETTE • Mindwarp
SLEEPING STATES • Root Canal
THE HIMALAYAN BEAR • Voice of the Turtle
THE WALKING HELLOS • The Unloved
ROCK PLAZA CENTRAL • Honeymoon with Murder
ARMS • Gunsmoke Legend
THE WHISKERS • Marsh Blood
SPIRAL STAIRS • The Cheetah Chase
FAUX PAS • Road to Nowhere
MICHAEL HEARST • Montana Crisis
CLAUDIA GONSON • Cottage Gardening
SLY HATS • Rock Gardens
CAROLYN MARK AND HER ENABLERS • Mark of the Hangman
FRIGHTENED RABBIT • Last Tango in Brooklyn
EZRA FURMAN AND THE HARPOONS • Portrait of Maud
HOME BLITZ • The Forbidden Tower
ADAM AND THE AMETHYSTS • Deadly Passage
THE WRENS • In Turkish Waters
THE CAPSTAN SHAFTS • Murder at the Royal Shakespeare
alistarr*

« Reply #342 on: Oct 29, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »

is that the spiral stairs i think it is? from your point of view i feel there's a lack of exclamation points in your post considering it sees you sharing a disc with spiral stairs.

also, any compilation featuring the wrens and the lucksmiths is alright by me, so i wish many, many cheers of awesome to you and your band.
Nick Ink

« Reply #343 on: Oct 29, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »

Even though I've never heard their music, me, I'd be most proud of sharing a disc with Goblin Cock. You could eat out on that story for years.

But seriously sashwap, nice one!

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
sashwap

« Reply #344 on: Oct 30, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »

Even though I've never heard their music, me, I'd be most proud of sharing a disc with Goblin Cock. You could eat out on that story for years.

But seriously sashwap, nice one!

thanks!

pitchfork has an article about it! i'm famous!
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/146998-spiral-stairs-magnetic-fields-gonson-join-brow-comp
Stewart

« Reply #345 on: Oct 30, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »

Aren't Goblin Cock supposed to be really, really bad?  Not to rain on your parade, sashwap; that's still awesome!
sashwap

« Reply #346 on: Oct 30, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »

Aren't Goblin Cock supposed to be really, really bad?  Not to rain on your parade, sashwap; that's still awesome!

haha, no i'm sure they're bad!
Maaik

« Reply #347 on: Oct 30, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »

haha, no i'm sure they're bad!

GC is one of Zach from Pinback's thousands of side projects.  It's his attempt at metal and it... falls short.

SPACERACE

« Reply #348 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »

rob crow's actually, who is much cooler. goblin cock is the only thing he's done that sucked, i'm pretty sure.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
coldforge

« Reply #349 on: Nov 01, 2008, 10:18:29 PM »

Zach from pinback has the same name as me

è l'era del terzo mondo.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Screaming At A Mic
Jump to: