Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 01, 2014, 05:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Attractive Jordan and other people who must be crushed.  (Read 2078 times)
jordanmichael

« on: Jul 04, 2007, 04:33:56 AM »

Today I found a kid who is a friend or friends or friends, and he looks just like me except really fucking hot. It makes me feel bad about myself. He must be destroyed.

I also wouldn't mind taking a laser gun to this kid two years older than me who also has the name "Jordan" who rides his BMX bike outside my house in the 6th grade.
coldforge

« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »

Zak(c?) Sabbath.

Fuck that dude.

l'era del terzo mondo.
slow west vultures

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2007, 02:53:15 PM »

i've had a lot of doppelgangers over the years.  my senior year of college there was this freshman in our section who my roommates thought looked like me, so we started referring to him as jr2000 ( a name which i believe i suggested, as it turned out to be the license plate of my grandfathers car as well)  i really didn't think this guy looked like me - he was sort of the goofier looking huskier version of myself, which apparently my roommates identified with.  so i guess if people say this person looks like you, you should be like 'yeah, damn right he does.  not as attractive naturally . . . " 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
slow west vultures

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »

in answer to your original question though, all the people with the same name as me who are finance professors or other boring professionals - and who get more hits than me on google and push anything related to me back to page 3 - need to be killed. 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
alistarr*

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2007, 06:54:42 AM »

that guy who decided to put the guitar pedals in the altrincham shop and the power adapter for same in the basingstoke shop. wtf, that guy?
Aglaya

« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2007, 10:56:51 AM »

I have a mini-me here in M'ville.  She looks so much like me, that it freaks me out to even be in the same place as her.  She's short, and dumpier than I am, but she looks EXACTLY like I would if I were short and dumpy.  It seriously freaks me the fuck out, especially because I tend to see her when I'm drunk.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
diesel_powered

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2007, 10:59:44 AM »

This guy doesn't look like me at all, but he's a way better producer and for that I feel that I should somehow construct a fiendish plot for his elimination.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »

i've had a lot of doppelgangers over the years.  my senior year of college there was this freshman in our section who my roommates thought looked like me, so we started referring to him as jr2000 ( a name which i believe i suggested, as it turned out to be the license plate of my grandfathers car as well)  i really didn't think this guy looked like me - he was sort of the goofier looking huskier version of myself, which apparently my roommates identified with.  so i guess if people say this person looks like you, you should be like 'yeah, damn right he does.  not as attractive naturally . . . " 

that is EXACTLY how i feel about oliver platt.

This guy doesn't look like me at all, but he's a way better producer and for that I feel that I should somehow construct a fiendish plot for his elimination.

dude, i got so confused last year when nick ink (or maybe someone else) posted one of his albums in the "albums bought today" thread. i was all "diesel powered has albums out? why hasn't this been mentioned before?"
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2007, 01:16:16 PM by Andrew_TSKS » Logged

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
hannah

« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2007, 02:38:51 PM »

This goes back to the "celebrities you like" thread from maybe a year ago, but all the people folks have ever said I look like are like me, except viciously bashed on the head with a pretty-stick until all the me is bled out and a new, far more attractive person appears; the only things we maintain in common are dark hair and big lips.

Anyway, sometimes I want to poop on that me at Harvard.
Greg Nog

« Reply #9 on: Jul 09, 2007, 01:40:29 PM »

A few weeks back, I googled my name, and found this guy.  Seeing that not only did he share my name, but also that our gmail addresses differed by a mere one letter, I felt the only reasonable thing to do was to write to him.

from       Greg Erskine <gregerskine@gmail.com>
to       gregaerskine@gmail.com   
date      Jun 22, 2007 6:46 PM   
subject      Beyond the Looking-Glass   

Hello, Greg Erskine.

This is Greg Erskine.

Please, don't run for the door; it demeans us both.  I assure you, it is locked.

I am writing to you because I believe we may be opposite sides of the same coin.  You are hairless, I am hirsute.  You are a percussionist, I touch things softly.  You are smiling, and I am frowning.  This is your basic "Spock with a goatee" kind of scenario, is what I'm saying here.

Do not be afraid; though it's clear we are reverse-images of each other down to our very souls, perhaps we are more alike than unalike.  For example,
we are both handsome young men, and we both enjoy wearing shirts, rather than sauntering around bare-chested.

I would like to propose that we unite our complementary powers, and finally destroy the fearsome menace they call "Eniksre Gerg".  For no matter how much we may hate each other, I think we know in our diametrically-opposed hearts that Eniksre Gerg hates us even more.  He must perish.  He must perish in a blaze of Pure Greg Erskine Righteousness.

Consider my offer, Greg Erskine.  Consider it... like the wind.

With a repellence that borders on eroticism,
Greg Erskine

from       Greg Erskine <gregaerskine@gmail.com>
to       Greg Erskine <gregerskine@gmail.com>   
date      Jun 24, 2007 2:27 AM   
subject      Re: Beyond the Looking-Glass   

Greg Erskine,

I have been awaiting this day for quite some time.  I was hoping it would never come, but the time is upon us.  I understand the complexities of your offer but agree; Eniksre Gerg must be destroyed for the future of our kind.

Uniting powers seems to be the only solution.  Once our enemy has been destroyed, however, it would be best for you to stay in New York and myself in Los Angeles.  At this point we must promise to never again let our two worlds collide for the safety of the entire universe.

Respectfully,
Greg Erskine

from       Greg Erskine <gregerskine@gmail.com>
to       Greg Erskine <gregaerskine@gmail.com>   
date      Jun 25, 2007 12:40 PM   
subject      Re: Beyond the Looking-Glass   

My dear Mr. Erskine,

Agreed!  For the good of humanity, Eniksre shall perish!  From the West Coast, you may gather your forces, and from the East Coast, I will collect mine.  We will march towards the center of the country, to the unnatural citadel of Eniksre Gerg.  There, with fire in our eyes and the wind whipping across the plains, we will make our stand.  O, let the muses sing and let the legends tell of this glorious day!  Our armies will converge, reigning cleansing destruction and bathing this land in a cataclysmic catharsis which will herald a new age!

Also I don't know if you think it'll be thirsty work or anything so I can bring beer or soda and stuff.  Also, chips.  Maybe some salsa.

All my best to you,
Greg Erskine

And then he added me as a friend on MySpace.  Greg Erskine gets a big thumbs-up in my book!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #10 on: Jul 09, 2007, 02:19:32 PM »

Damn that is so not surprising. No less awesome for it, but not surprising at all.

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #11 on: Jul 09, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »

I want to meet Greg Erskine

Whichever one will do
elpollodiablo

« Reply #12 on: Jul 09, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

I have a doppelganger on campus. I've given up telling people that my name isn't Clay, so I end up having really long, half-involved conversations with people he's met at the bar. Once I played along with this girl up to the point that she was giving me her phone number and I couldn't control the laughter. She was pretty cool about it though. Then there was the guy who came up to me in the bar with this guy's coke (I'm assuming? There was some heavy euphemism usage and it was really loud) and I couldn't get this guy to understand that he had the wrong man for about 10 minutes. Friggin bizarre.

think 'on the road.'
kadiekatRN

« Reply #13 on: Jul 09, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

Greg, that is the best exchange ever between name sharers.

Personally, I've been stalking the other Katie Kralik for some time.  She is my same age, same HS graduating class. 

We recently became Facebook friends, so on my "news feed," all my friends learned that Katie Kralik is now friends with Katie Kralik.  The other Katie actually looks an insane amount like my little sister.  This is only exacerbated by the fact that both she and my sister work in pet shops at the present time (although other Katie is in grad school, and little sis is on maternity leave).

On an unrelated note, there was a while back when I used to be told I looked like Kirsten Dunst and Julia Stiles pretty frequently.  However, I was also told this by juvenile delinquent girls for whom I was a staff member at a treatment center.  I'm pretty sure they were just trying to earn points (literally, like points for good behavior) with me.  So, yeah, not taking too much stock in that.
milesofsparks

« Reply #14 on: Jul 09, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »

when I was younger I apparently looked quite a lot like David Bowie.  that's the only celebrity (or noncelebrity, now that I think about it) I've ever been told I looked like.  I don't think he should be crushed, though.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
monkeypants

« Reply #15 on: Jul 09, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »

Some years ago I received multiple comments from widely varying individuals over a fairly short time span telling me that I looked like "someone they knew".  It was a bit disconcerting.  Apparently I am plain-looking enough that I remind people of pretty much anybody. For awhile there I was referring to myself as "generic boy."   Thankfully I haven't gotten any of those comments in recent years.

What I have got, though, is multiple comparisons to Zach Braff.  I'm not buying it, but it's happened more than several times (once just a few weeks ago, from a guy I'd only known about a day).  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it sure beats my college roommate telling me I looked like Rick Moranis.

shitcakes drizzled with mediocrity syrup
Aglaya

« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2007, 06:38:20 PM »

A few weeks back, I googled my name...
See, I can't have fun like this, because when I google my name, I get me.  It's both elating and disappointing.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
Augo

« Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2007, 10:42:26 PM »

Eniksre Gerg

I KNOW that fucking guy!!  He lives in Kansas but he's always driving up here to buy nails and copper wire from my store!

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
KimJuno

« Reply #18 on: Jul 10, 2007, 03:53:21 AM »

When I first moved to the States, I had fire-engine red hair (from a strange infatuation with Miki Berenyi) and wore really thick-framed glasses (because I'm Asian, and that is what Asian teenagers from poor families wore).  I used to get the Sean Lennon comparison a lot at that point, but only when I wore the glasses.  Mind you, this was around 1998, when Into the Sun was released and well before he decided to sport the "unfashionable professor" look.

More recently, someone drew me into a t-shirt:

Completely coincidental, of course.  A friend of mine regularly browses Threadless, and when we got together during Christmas one year he was all "LOOK AT MY CHEST!" and I was all "HOLY SHIT WHAT AM I DOING ON YOUR CHEST!"  There are about five people in Atlanta who own that shirt, and they insist on wearing it every time I come down to visit.  We all pretend that I'm much more important than I actually am.

RE: googling.  Don't be disappointed, Aglaya.  When I google my name, I get people who are much more successful than I am: doctors, actors, lawyers, professors, etc.  I'm never surprised, since I might as well be named John Smith for all intents and purposes, but still.  Goddamn Asian work ethic.
Good Intentions

« Reply #19 on: Jul 10, 2007, 06:47:30 AM »

That's a sweet ass-shirt for your face to be emblazoned on.
alex

« Reply #20 on: Jul 10, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

It is indeed. But dammit, I just browsed around that site a bit and now I don't see how I can avoid ordering this hoodie:

Damn.
The_Tourist

« Reply #21 on: Jul 12, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »

some guy from a high school in MA with my first and last name is trying to add me on facebook.

i can confidently say he's not the attractive version of me. the dudebro version maybe, but not the attractive version.

we have the money for missiles and fun
Pages: [1]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Attractive Jordan and other people who must be crushed.
Jump to: