Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 26, 2014, 03:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658238 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 59 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Print
Author Topic: Less Clairvoyance = More Annoyance. Ugh..  (Read 33313 times)
milesofsparks

« Reply #525 on: Oct 21, 2007, 02:30:38 PM »

with keyboard shortcut:  ?
from special characters:  ?

usually I switch my keyboard to Turkish QWERTY and then the keyboard shortcuts make more sense for Turkish.  oh, whatever.  no big deal.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
difficult

« Reply #526 on: Oct 22, 2007, 01:30:01 AM »

I left my house last night, and while  I was reaching into my pocket to pull out my mp3 player, I somehow stepped over the edge of the path, then fell sideways back onto the path - sloping downhill - with my legs going over my head. Landing heavily, my first thought was "I'm going to be pissed if I broke my mp3 player, I only just replaced the nicked one", followed shortly after by "I hope nobody saw that, it'd have looked ridiculous"
I then attempted to lift my head up, gave up and put it back on the ground, and upon further reflection decided "I hope somebody did see that, it would have looked really funny and ridiculous." Oh, and "ow"
Then I got up, did that quick mental body integrity examination you do in such circumstance: "left arm? check. Right arm? present. Left leg? yes. Right leg? Right leg? I know you're there, I'm standing up, its probably just a twisted ankle..." and carried on walking. Slowly, mopping up after the tiny, disappointing bits of missing skin on my chin and hand.
Went to meet the new friend, wandered slowly and painfully to her house, we washed and bandaged the relevant places -  I think she might have been a little disappointed at the relative lack of carnage too, but she was being very nice anyway - and I shook off my shoe, to find a large swelling just below my ankle. We put ice on it, shrugged and carried on with whatever we were doing, until an hour or so later it started to really hurt and to keep me awake.

So I took it to A&E today - you can do that in NZ without having to sign a contract to work the rest of your meagre existence in the official hospital salt mines, thanks public health system! - where they x-rayed it and told me I'd only sprained it. I didn't know you could sprain a foot rather than an ankle, so the trip wasn't wasted, but it was a bit disappointing - if I'd broken something I might have got a week off work, courtesy of our ACC system, and I really don't much like my job... Now where's that hammer?

Actually I probably won't do that today, it is plenty sore and swollen on its own account. I'll just take it easy and be a little pathetic and useless on my own, as is the prerogative of the disappointingly injured.

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
maggiego

« Reply #527 on: Oct 22, 2007, 01:36:41 AM »

Difficult, yuck! Oh well, you will just have to lay around and listen to excellent music and eat bonbons then.

Miles, may I write a song about your secret forbidden love for the coldforge called 'Turkish Qwerty'? I am also inventing the cocktail.

Hi, I see you're really good at Centipede.
maggiego

« Reply #528 on: Oct 22, 2007, 01:49:37 AM »

Turkish Qwerty

One (1) Turkish coffee
One (1) Airplane-apportioned bottle Jameson

Drink as alternating shots
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2007, 01:51:52 AM by maggiego » Logged

Hi, I see you're really good at Centipede.
jebreject

« Reply #529 on: Oct 22, 2007, 01:59:41 AM »

Mend quickly, Campbell! I broke my ankle once and it was pretty terrible. And a sprain can be just as painful!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
girl

« Reply #530 on: Oct 22, 2007, 02:03:28 AM »

Turkish Qwerty

One (1) Turkish coffee

This is my new favorite drink! Man, I can't even remember teh last time I had Turkish coffee, but I love it!

this is a story and you're not in it
difficult

« Reply #531 on: Oct 22, 2007, 02:05:41 AM »

Thanks guys! Yeah, feet can take a while to heal. But a sprain will be fairly quick to get better, I think.
I did my knee in not too long ago as well. Ever since I've decided I'd like to be a postman instead of an office worker, my right leg has very clearly stated its basic and fundamental objections to the plan.

And I've got the music covered Maggie, but I just can't seem to find any bonbons hidden carefully for such emergencies within arm's reach. Its a big disappointment, really.

Your choke chain collars remind me of summer laughter
C of heartbreak

« Reply #532 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »

I am annoyed because the shitty toaster-oven with the broken timer that my stupid girlfriend bought almost set our apartment on fire.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #533 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:22:07 AM »

Yikes man

think 'on the road.'
coldforge

« Reply #534 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:25:38 AM »

Vitriol makes pollo uncomfortable.

l'era del terzo mondo.
C of heartbreak

« Reply #535 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:26:04 AM »

It wasn't that bad, but I am mostly annoyed because I told her "if you're gonna buy a toaster over, don't buy a cheap shitty one that's going to break," and then when we started using it and realized it didn't work, I wanted to return it but she was all, "I already threw the box out, it didn't have a warranty anyway," and when I wanted to just throw it out because it was a piece of shit she was all "no." I should set something of hers on fire and say it was because of the toaster oven.

Well maybe not.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #536 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:42:16 AM »

Nah man, I think your anger was justified. That's just frightening. Did it actually catch fire, or was it just threatening?

think 'on the road.'
C of heartbreak

« Reply #537 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »

The toast was on fire and the toaster oven was starting to turn black. I opened it and threw baking soda on it to put it out. Smoke detector went off and everything.

El_Josharino

« Reply #538 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:53:23 AM »

Dammit. I just got a voicemail from work. They want me to come in from 5-9 today. I really don't want to. I have other shit I wanted to be doing during that time. Inessential as the other shit is, I'd rather be doing that than working. I'm thinking about calling back and saying I'm out of town.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
milesofsparks

« Reply #539 on: Oct 23, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »

Turkish Qwerty

One (1) Turkish coffee

This is my new favorite drink! Man, I can't even remember teh last time I had Turkish coffee, but I love it!

oh man that sounds delightful!  except that I've never had decent Turkish coffee outside of Turkey.  I need to get a better coffee grinder so I can make it myself.  is it OK if I decant the big Jameson bottle into little bottles, or are the tiny ones de rigueur?

in annoyance, I was all the way at the subway, waited for the train, it arrived, I was about to step on...  when I remembered I hadn't closed the windows at work when I locked up and there is a chance of rain and the $50bajillion plotter is near a window.  *sigh*  I just got home.

milesofsparks

« Reply #540 on: Oct 23, 2007, 10:20:37 PM »

...also, my stress itches are coming back.  yikes.

hannah

« Reply #541 on: Oct 24, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »

Verbatim, the conversation my supervisor just had on the phone with her supervisor:

Boss: Hannah is doing so well, so I told her she doesn't have to come in until noon tomorrow. Is that all right?

Fuck me!
heather marie

« Reply #542 on: Oct 24, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »

at least you get to sleep in?
hannah

« Reply #543 on: Oct 24, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »

True. True.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #544 on: Oct 24, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »

One thing that Windows has, hands down, over OS X: the calculator. This thing sucks!

think 'on the road.'
auto-da-fey

« Reply #545 on: Oct 24, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »

I'm not even really annoyed by anything right now, but I needed a distraction from the work that I'm actually focused on for once, so I continued this thread:
http://www.lastplanetojakarta.com/forums/index.php/topic,9561.new.html#new
coldforge

« Reply #546 on: Oct 24, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »

One thing that Windows has, hands down, over OS X: the calculator. This thing sucks!

You know you can change to scientific, RPN, or programmer, right?

l'era del terzo mondo.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Less Clairvoyance = More Annoyance. Ugh..
Jump to: