Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 24, 2014, 01:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658209 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: board photos: building america one 3x5 at a time  (Read 44365 times)
clare

« Reply #175 on: Aug 01, 2007, 09:20:37 AM »

Morgan, that is great. i love the idea that you should have big eyes in a photo! (even if it is 'cos you're white)

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
nonotyet

« Reply #176 on: Aug 01, 2007, 12:08:46 PM »

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2007, 12:11:55 PM by nonotyet » Logged
das kranke Tier

« Reply #177 on: Aug 01, 2007, 12:09:25 PM »

That photo's "currently unavailable"

Compendious as hell
nonotyet

« Reply #178 on: Aug 01, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »

It has been doing that every stupid time I try to paste the stupid code lately. Flickr, if you want people to use that code rather than the direct URL it would be in your best interest to make it functional.
milesofsparks

« Reply #179 on: Aug 01, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »

yeah, I've had that same problem.  great photo, though.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Greg Nog

« Reply #180 on: Aug 01, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »

I'd like to take a moment to talk about the Candia Boys.

Candia is a rural-ish, primarily forested town that's right near Manchester, NH.  Because it's relatively sparse in population, the town has no high school of its own.  Instead, like a couple of the other bordering woodland towns, the high-school-age students are bussed into Manchester, and are able to attend any of the three Manchester public high schools.

This meant that I often saw Candia folk around Manchester; even the ones who didn't attend my high school were often at local shows and events.  Because not everyone had a car, it meant that they would usually carpool, so they'd all show up in a cluster.  If one expected them to show up someplace, it was never "Where's Dank?" or "Where's Weeks?" -- it was "Where are the Candia Boys?"

They each had their own personalities, of course, but there was also some odd undercurrent that ran through all of them.  Just something a little bit Off, in an indescribable way.  If the rest of the Manchester folks were the Homestar Runner cast, the Candia boys were Homsar.  If the Manchestrians were the Silverhawks, the Candia Boys were the Copper Kid.  Like maybe Candia's the wacky sidekick, maybe reality just has a slightly weaker grip over there.

Whenever I would try to describe what Candia's like to non-NH folks, my attempts would invariably end with a shrug, and the inadequate: "It's Candia."  I've asked other Manchester people to describe them, too, and the only description they've been able to provide is a shrug, and the phrase: "It's Candia."

Anyway.  A week or so ago, I received an e-mail from the Jarreses, denizens of Candia from way back in the day.  They're intent on celebrating Independence Day on August Fourth (the Candia equivalent of July Fourth), and have procured a number of fireworks for the occasion.  I won't be able to attend, which is kind of a shame, as they tell me they've bought three hundred dollars worth of consumer-grade explosives.

I submit this picture because it describes Candia far more than I've ever been able to in words.

DCDave

« Reply #181 on: Aug 01, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »

The Silverhawks were the best.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
SPACERACE

« Reply #182 on: Aug 02, 2007, 01:47:55 AM »

TEAM BALLZ WOOO

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Aglaya

« Reply #183 on: Aug 02, 2007, 10:39:28 AM »

I wonder whatever has happened to Team Ballz since 2000.  That was definitely a good year for them, but I haven't really heard anything about them since.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #184 on: Aug 02, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »

Is that guy wearing a tie and a wife beater?

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
diesel_powered

« Reply #185 on: Aug 02, 2007, 01:45:24 PM »

Is that other guy wearing a circus tent?

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
silentsigh89

« Reply #186 on: Aug 02, 2007, 08:18:04 PM »

hey, guys? What were you doing in 1994?

I was going into first grade. With my neighbor and very first friend.  I have the very same haircut right now that I had in this picture. fascinating.
girl

« Reply #187 on: Aug 02, 2007, 08:21:35 PM »

That's super cute and all, but all I'm thinking is "way to make me feel old".

this is a story and you're not in it
silentsigh89

« Reply #188 on: Aug 02, 2007, 08:24:47 PM »

oh, well you can pick another year, then! I was just getting that picture framed for a boy in it today and it had 1994 stamped on the back.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #189 on: Aug 02, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »

ha, yeah, in 1994 I was in college for the second time, having flunked out when I was 18.  I turned 24 that year.  I was working in a computer lab in the school and got my first taste of the internet.  It was yummy.  I also was going to Phish shows and getting high every day and was dating 18 year olds and watching a lot of Star Trek.  It was a good time to be me.  But it's usually a good time to be me.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
milesofsparks

« Reply #190 on: Aug 02, 2007, 09:48:32 PM »

That's super cute and all, but all I'm thinking is "way to make me feel old".

yeah, I had graduated college and moved to NYC the first time.  yeesh that was a long time ago.  also, you are super cute and always have been.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #191 on: Aug 02, 2007, 09:57:04 PM »

I am not sure why you deleted your post Beth.  I guess I was having a lot of fun then. 

the picture of you and your old friend is adorable though. Smile

Chris, you're about my age right?  Sometimes I feel like we're pretty old but you know, in some ways I don't have shit figured out any better now than I did back in 1994, so if I still have some of the disadvantages of youth I might as well hang on to some of the advantages as well.  Like hanging out and acting stupid and having fun and not worrying about shit.  Also being generally indestructible Very Happy  broken bones nonwithstanding

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
silentsigh89

« Reply #192 on: Aug 02, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »

I am not sure why you deleted your post Beth.  I guess I was having a lot of fun then. 

it, um, felt a bit whiney. I think I've been spreading a bit too much negativity around these days! No need to mention silly silly sad things from when I was five.

being around (virtually or otherwise) people who are older than I am and still doing the things I consider fun now is comforting to me beyond words.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #193 on: Aug 02, 2007, 10:03:11 PM »

I understand.  I posted something stupid and whiny and self-pitying the other day and then edited it out of my post, so I know where you're coming from.  I didn't think poorly of your post though.  And I think it's pretty awesome that you have some good things going on in your life and hopefully it just gets better from here.

girl

« Reply #194 on: Aug 02, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »

* girl thought someone said something about age, decides she must have imagined it

For what it's worth, Beth, you never come across as whiny or negative.  You've had to deal with more in your short life, and you handle everything better, than most people I've met of any age.
 Much Love
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2007, 10:53:24 PM by girl » Logged

this is a story and you're not in it
milesofsparks

« Reply #195 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:10:28 PM »

you never come across as whiny or negative.

and also

Much Love

coldforge

« Reply #196 on: Aug 02, 2007, 11:11:17 PM »

haha, i love 'your short life.' it makes me feel like we're talking to a sprout.

l'era del terzo mondo.
Greg Nog

« Reply #197 on: Aug 03, 2007, 11:06:32 AM »

An August Friday in 1994.  Huh.  I woulda been between my freshman and sophomore years of high school.  I imagine I rode my bike over to Artie's place, where he and Mike were watching Evil Dead.  We then probably talked about X-Men, then walked down to Elm Street, where we wandered about aimlessly.  Maybe played an arcade game or two at the Space Center.
hannah

« Reply #198 on: Aug 03, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »

This is a bad scan of a photo of me at summer camp in 1994, rooting for my Peace Olympics team, Mexico. It was the summer after fourth grade. I was nine. It was my first summer at camp.

Yes, I look like a boy. I am not. I am wearing a hat with Bugs Bunny on it because at the time my best friends and I always wore baseball caps with cartoon characters on them. One friend had Felix. Another had the Tasmanian Devil. I got mine at the cruddy store on Washington Street in Hoboken, Cheap Maggie's, that also sold a lot of XL Hoboken apparel and the occasional bootleg cartoon merchandise, such as the above hat. I'd later get a hat with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot on it.

The hat was marked "B" (for "Bugs") but it created a lot of confusion: I'd introduce myself as "Goose" and people who didn't know I was a girl would think my name was "Bruce."
dieblucasdie

« Reply #199 on: Aug 04, 2007, 01:51:41 AM »

Wow, young hannah was more manly than young blucas!

And now for the board moment I may never live down:

Me doing my Maddox Jolie-Pitt impression.

The rest went soon after, worry not.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2007, 02:25:02 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: board photos: building america one 3x5 at a time
Jump to: