Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 25, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658235 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 55 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Print
Author Topic: board photos: building america one 3x5 at a time  (Read 44376 times)
elpollodiablo

« Reply #350 on: Aug 22, 2007, 10:53:12 AM »

Damn jim that was some xpost

think 'on the road.'
das kranke Tier

« Reply #351 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:04:50 AM »

The cowboy could make for a devastatingly effective wingman.

Compendious as hell
jebreject

« Reply #352 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:08:58 AM »

XPOST PILE-UP

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
guanajuato

« Reply #353 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »

Did your kid think the entire time you were taking a photo of him, when in fact you were snapping pics of the cowboy? Re: the cowboy, he's good; you have to start cultivating eccentricities early on, I think. Your kid, though, is better.

thanks hannah! YES! he totally thought i was taking photos of him!

i wish i would have had a way to take video of that cowboy. the kids in front and behind begin to actually CLEAR him some space for his hot-footin', two-steppin' boot-stompin'. it could have been in a david lynch movie, more so, because none of the other parents seemed to even NOTICE or CARE about this WONDEROUS DANCE.

my kid started doing this cry/wipe his eyes business when he was led in to school by mrs wrinkly his 1st grade teacher and i sorta feel bad about that because i knew that looking at him would make it worse and if other kids noticed then it would really horrid for him -- so he was probably thinking, why-won't-you-look-at-me-dad-you-dick and when he gets home i rather expect to receive the cold shoulder.

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
das kranke Tier

« Reply #354 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:47:52 AM »

Forget it, Jon.  It's 1st grade...

Compendious as hell
guanajuato

« Reply #355 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »

That's awesome.  Your boy's gonna be quite the stud.

thanks kranky

guanajuato

« Reply #356 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:54:06 AM »

Though there is no possible way anything can go wrong with dancing cowboy on the scene, I will superfluously wish your boy well in first grade.  I recommend a buddy movie style teamup with the cowboy.  Dancing cowboy can be the sweet sidekick and foil to your boy's wisecracking.

thanks jim! i think a teamup might be a good idea, except for if they go rustle cattle on brokeback mountain

guanajuato

« Reply #357 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:55:15 AM »

I hope he and the cowboy kid get along. They look like they'd make a good team!

my kid LOVES flight of the conchord btw.

guanajuato

« Reply #358 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »

Forget it, Jon.  It's 1st grade...

i know! but it's always rough when they cry in public g! unless you're mad at them. then it's GREAT when they cry.

jebreject

« Reply #359 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:00:55 PM »

Though there is no possible way anything can go wrong with dancing cowboy on the scene, I will superfluously wish your boy well in first grade.  I recommend a buddy movie style teamup with the cowboy.  Dancing cowboy can be the sweet sidekick and foil to your boy's wisecracking.

thanks jim! i think a teamup might be a good idea, except for if they go rustle cattle on brokeback mountain

you sayin' your kid can't be into dudes? come on jon, let him rustle cattle on brokeback mountain!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #360 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:02:28 PM »

They're 6, dudes.  Ain't no wingman, ain't no brokeback. 

And Jon, dude cries on his first day of school and you go over and get all huggy on him, he's the baby kid and he'll catch shit.  He's getting a little sniffly and on his own and toughing it out, nobody notices 'cause half of them are feeling it too.  You did the right thing.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
guanajuato

« Reply #361 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:04:29 PM »

you sayin' your kid can't be into dudes? come on jon, let him rustle cattle on brokeback mountain!

komedy!

guanajuato

« Reply #362 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »

And Jon, dude cries on his first day of school and you go over and get all huggy on him, he's the baby kid and he'll catch shit.  He's getting a little sniffly and on his own and toughing it out, nobody notices 'cause half of them are feeling it too.  You did the right thing.

yes! that's what i figured! he probably stopped the crying as soon as he stepped into class! i had him laughing at first, i was leaning in to him and calling him sugar bear. i only do it because i know how heinous it is to do that, but i only did it loud enough so he could hear it. i was going, hey lil sugar bear come give papi beary a huggy dooobie doobie... and he was whispering STOPPIT. so i had him laughing, and then he cried as he filed in. that weird contorted crying! but yeah, it's all good. i took the day off work! i'm happy!

slow west vultures

« Reply #363 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »

hey jon,
i sat behind a red truck yesterday that had a mural painted on its tailgate of a hilltop in mexico and the virgin mary on the side, and the words 'el cuvilete de guanajuato' or something like that.  the mural was actually pretty good, the place looked pretty special.  i was gonna pm you this, but i thought all should know.  i don't know if its a sign or what.  but this is the second time in a couple of months that i have seen something about guanajuato randomly.  the other time was taking a bus from midway to o'hare, and there was a sign in a mexican travel agency for guanajuato.  i don't know if that is a sign or what.  

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
das kranke Tier

« Reply #364 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:38:44 PM »

I totally had a wingman and a girl at 6!

Compendious as hell
silentsigh89

« Reply #365 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »

I am leaving for school in 18 hours, and do you know how many of these boys will be there?

None!

And they read! They read books. And design excellent senior pranks. And play frisbee with me. And eat food that I cook for them! And they will not be there.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #366 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »

Aww, Beth, but they'll be right where you left 'em and you'll meet other awesome folks!

Compendious as hell
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #367 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »

And don't forget that the internet will always be here for you.  Sweet, sweet internet...

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
milesofsparks

« Reply #368 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »

that photo on the left is of a photo in the window of Caffe Sant'Eustachio in Rome (not far from the Pantheon, and possibly my favorite cafe there), which shows Di Palo's (where this photo was taken, on Grand Street in Manhattan), which sells Sant'Eustachio coffee.  infinite coffee deliciousness.  the yellow cans are Sant'Eustachio coffee (you can just see them in the photo in the photo in the photo on the left.)  the big black and white photo is the inside of the cafe in Rome, which looks extremely similar today, though a slightly different crowd.  this picture makes me really happy, I can't even explain why.  but I think I have to go back to Rome some day.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
milesofsparks

« Reply #369 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »

oh, and also:  on long-term loan from the now ex-roommate:

I am going to start sewing things!

ex-lion tamer

« Reply #370 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:57:19 PM »

cf's latest tattoo is *so* hip.

here's one of many highlights from roadtrip2:  May's drive in.

I had a rootbeer shake.  it was a balm to my soul after walking the highway to hell in Centralia:

Hey Miles of Sparks-is that May's drive in located in Muncy Pennsylvania or thereabouts?  I grew up going to that place. I am sad to report that the rootbeer shake was not on the menu when I was last there 10 years ago. I actually know the kid that will inherit that place when his parents knock off. We used to go camping together in high school. Shocked
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #371 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:35:33 PM »

[pic edited out because quoting pics is annoying]

that photo on the left is of a photo in the window of Caffe Sant'Eustachio in Rome (not far from the Pantheon, and possibly my favorite cafe there), which shows Di Palo's (where this photo was taken, on Grand Street in Manhattan), which sells Sant'Eustachio coffee.  infinite coffee deliciousness.  the yellow cans are Sant'Eustachio coffee (you can just see them in the photo in the photo in the photo on the left.)  the big black and white photo is the inside of the cafe in Rome, which looks extremely similar today, though a slightly different crowd.  this picture makes me really happy, I can't even explain why.  but I think I have to go back to Rome some day.

ok, this explanation kinda makes my head explode. aren't you holding two pictures? what's the other one of? you didn't say in this explanation, did you? because if not, then all is good. but if so, yeah, head explode.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
milesofsparks

« Reply #372 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:38:41 PM »

[pic edited out because quoting pics is annoying]

ok, this explanation kinda makes my head explode. aren't you holding two pictures? what's the other one of? you didn't say in this explanation, did you? because if not, then all is good. but if so, yeah, head explode.

the one on the right is just a picture of the cafe from further away.  the picture on the left is a picture of a picture just inside the doorway cafe on the left.  does that make sense?  and no, I left it out of the explanation, because it was already so confusing.  so no head explosions necessary!

milesofsparks

« Reply #373 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:44:38 PM »

here's one of many highlights from roadtrip2:  May's drive in.
I had a rootbeer shake.  it was a balm to my soul after walking the highway to hell in Centralia.

Hey Miles of Sparks-is that May's drive in located in Muncy Pennsylvania or thereabouts?  I grew up going to that place. I am sad to report that the rootbeer shake was not on the menu when I was last there 10 years ago. I actually know the kid that will inherit that place when his parents knock off. We used to go camping together in high school. Shocked

um...
*consults mapquest*
it was a bit south of there, I think the town was called Frackville.  if I remember correctly, though, May's is a small regional chain so it's likely the same people. small world, eh?  it was really really good.  and I tried teaberry, which I had never even heard of.

girl

« Reply #374 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:48:17 PM »

and I tried teaberry, which I had never even heard of.

Might I suggest picking up a pack of this, should you come across one:

this is a story and you're not in it
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: board photos: building america one 3x5 at a time
Jump to: